• I dont care

Votes: 9 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have you been watching the games? holdsworth has been good in d. By throwing barba in you would be creating a bigger problem he would get run over for every tackle attempt, It will be like a 20 yr old playing tackle with his 9 yr old brother.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you been watching the games? holdsworth has been good in d. By throwing barba in you would be creating a bigger problem he would get run over for every tackle attempt, It will be like a 20 yr old playing tackle with his 9 yr old brother.
Possibly. I have watched Barba play and there are no problems with his attacking game. Defensively he could get creamed i dunno.

Ive watched every game this year, and the main role of the halves isnt to defend - its to set up your attack and put points on the board. Holdsworth cant do that, thats my main problem with him tbh.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

one thing he has is good defence and his kicking game is the best we have at the moment.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This whole Holdsworth topic has been over done. Many times over in fact.
Truth is, Folkes is the coach. If I were, I would assess the merits and fitness of Groom. If fit, he has to be a viable option.

Barba is out of the question.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
one thing he has is good defence and his kicking game is the best we have at the moment.

and it is probably why he gets a start these days at all. I dont dislike him but his butter fingers are starting to frustrate me. And he gets caught out of position a lot in attack. I think hes watching the opposition too much and not the ball, or something.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
holdsworth plays best in the 6, unfortunately for him roberts is there and is playing fine.

waste of time thinking he can be a halfback

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Holdsworth is more of a 5/8 imo. His long range kicking game has improved but you gotta take the line on more son ! !

MikeG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Holdsworth is a 5-8. It's unfortunate that he's being bagged for being a **** halfback.

Reality is, he's not a half-back, so it's slack to bag him for being a terrible one. Yes, I agree, he's a woeful HB, but he isn't supposed to be a HB.

Ok, that made no sense :p

Senorita

fabulosa
Reaction score
wow and u call urself doggies supporters.. this thread should be deleted.. we shouldnt really insult one of our own this bad.. although u may say we are all entitled to our own opinion just remember this is my opinion :D:D

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
pretty slack

Holdsworth might become good one day
whatever happened to the days when everyone was saying he should of been picked for NSW 5-8th?

`-KING-`

Count Down Is On
Reaction score
ATM Folkes isnt even considering promoting a halfback from the toyota cup. His only options are to swap around DJ, Roberts, Sully and Hughes

T_dog

I'm afraid of not trying
Reaction score
how do you build a halves pairing ? You make them play together till they gel.

That does not happen over night, Pearce and anasta are the best pairing in the comp rite now but does any one remeber the game pearce had against us last year ? he failed to kick penelties out , had absolutallllllly **** horible attacking kicks and knocked on a dozen times. The only was we are going to get a halves pairing good enough to challenge for the title is if we keep picking them regardless of how **** they are at first , if they still arent geling come rd 20 then shoot the mo fo but till then we gotta give them time together.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how do you build a halves pairing ? You make them play together till they gel.

That does not happen over night, Pearce and anasta are the best pairing in the comp rite now but does any one remeber the game pearce had against us last year ? he failed to kick penelties out , had absolutallllllly **** horible attacking kicks and knocked on a dozen times. The only was we are going to get a halves pairing good enough to challenge for the title is if we keep picking them regardless of how **** they are at first , if they still arent geling come rd 20 then shoot the mo fo but till then we gotta give them time together.
Thats because he was carrying a back injury, hence why he didn't return.

Rd20?

You're smoking pot aren't you?

He has had 5 rounds and shown nothing, this isn't about gelling, its about Holdsworth not even knowing how to play halfback and that is obvious.

T_dog

I'm afraid of not trying
Reaction score
Thats because he was carrying a back injury, hence why he didn't return.

Rd20?

You're smoking pot aren't you?

He has had 5 rounds and shown nothing, this isn't about gelling, its about Holdsworth not even knowing how to play halfback and that is obvious.
Rd 20 coz it sounded like a nice round number hahaha . 5 rounds is nothing he needs a lot more time to adjust to his new role and seriously groom is not yet ready for FG , if we rush him in to fill a hole he may be turn into a lost cause .

Bazza

Big Bad Bustling Barry
Reaction score
Folkes is keeping him so there is no point bagging him with Shifty syndrome and blaming the half for every loss, there are no spare number sevens.
Holdsworth is nothing like shifty, even when shifty isn't on his game he's still 10 times better than Holdsworth.

Right now we are paying him to make us loose.

Bazza

Big Bad Bustling Barry
Reaction score
These threads are stupid, There is nobody to replace holdsworth atm you retards, Groom just got back from injury and barba is way to small so stop fkn sooking, You people talk about him having no confidence id laugh if players jump on here and read this bull**** it would do the world of good for their confidence.
You dont get it, people say "DROP HIM" because he will make us loose with his weak tackles, and knock ons. It doesnt matter who plays halfback as long as they can do a decent tackle, catch a ball, and kick 40m. That wont loose us games.

People dont need to come on here to see how self destructive holdsworth is. Its as clear as day when you see him knock on at least twice a game.

pha_t0ny

respect my authorotahhh!
Reaction score
guys its not all his fault, te guy is a 5/8 ffs, he's playing out of position...cut him some slack

Smiley

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I voted yes to dropping him but i don't even want him playing nsw cup. he should not have been re-signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.