Official Dallin Watene-Zelezniak signs with New Zealand Warriors

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to be done or we faced the prospect of having a $550k (or 800K) winger on the books for depth!!!

Lots of ways to look at how it impacts our 21 Salary Cap and I know people will be thinking it will enable us to sign another top line player, however, if it does free up 400k it could also cover roster positions 28,29 and 30, which means we can spread the remaining $'s across 27 players instead of 29.

Whichever way you look at we should be able to improve our overall squad as a result.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I heard we're getting Kodi Nikorima for next season as part of the deal.
With the new rules I think he could be a real force at hooker for the warriors ... But he's played there before and didn't like it ala Ben Hunt

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I really hate the Allan signing, I tried to look at it positively (lol) thinking he could do job @ centre but after seeing Schoupp play i think I prefer him. Allan is just a slug and isn't powerful enough to play wing either.
Me too haha was the same when we signed woods lol tried to convince myself it would all be ok. We need to offload him to the Sharks so he can play with his fishing buddy Connor Tracey

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish DWZ well but as a player, he lacks the skills to play fullback in today's game and always has a costly error in him... and you can't be paying $800K+ a season for a hard running but inconsistent winger

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wish DWZ well but as a player, he lacks the skills to play fullback in today's game and always has a costly error in him... and you can't be paying $800K+ a season for a hard running but inconsistent winger
Why didn't Management also see that.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thoughts as well but Okunbor is still to come back and may need a couple of weeks in reggies. My point is surely they must have been a deal somewhere that allows us to see out the year with him?
hopefully its a great deal, but I doubt it.
We are just trying to free some salary cap space.
would be great if we were trading for Reece Walsh lol

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That makes sense. Depends if Meaney is heading off.

After only 3 games, we need to see how Allen goes at FB now that the team has found a bit of form.

Might surprise?
Yep agreed.

We are playing alot better than we were in those 3 games as well. Thommo wasnt there for starters so we had no go forward. Also Katoa was our main dummy half.

He played really well for Souths at the back end of the year so it will be interesting to see what Baz does.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Club needs to come out and explain this one i think
Old board and coach signed him.wasn’t a bad buy back then but hasn’t really shown anything else.like his enthusiasm.the fox and naden will be here next year.I don’t think he figured in Barrett’s plans.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I really hate the Allan signing, I tried to look at it positively (lol) thinking he could do job @ centre but after seeing Schoupp play i think I prefer him. Allan is just a slug and isn't powerful enough to play wing either.
Yeah I know. I only see 2 options for Allen at this point and it's either offer him to the Broncos or play him at Fullback and hope there's an improvement with Averillo playing dominant half instead of Flanagan.

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The A Grade standard pass he threw in the last minute of the first half vs Panthers is enough reason. There is no justification for a player earning elite player money to do such a stupid thing.
The couple of reverse play the balls didn't help either.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs likely paying half as always and screwing our cap again
Yep if we are paying more thsn half of his salary they can fuk off.....cant believe he is getting 800 k next year....sick of this shit...now fuk of flanagan whike we are at it