Official Dallin Watene-Zelezniak signs with New Zealand Warriors

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. That’s why if he goes I’m not too worried.
Nice guy, not questioning his effort but we can do better and I’d wish him well.

The way some are carrying on though you’d think this was the world’s rich list :-):

1) Jeff Bezos
2) DWZ
3) Elon Musk
4) Bernard Arnault
5) Bill Gates
Fair Dinkum Dog, How did you leave out Des Troyer Hasler's name of your list ?
The supper coach who's not only earned multi millions in contracts, most likely earning bonuses of signing bog average players on very high contracts...How else can we explain his atrocious behavior that brought the club down on it's knees !
I want to laugh but can't help getting angry !

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Fair Dinkum Dog, How did you leave out Des Troyer Hasler's name of your list ?
The supper coach who's not only earned multi millions in contracts, most likely earning bonuses of signing bog average players on very high contracts...How else can we explain his atrocious behavior that brought the club down on it's knees !
I want to laugh but can't help getting angry !
Fair point mate in terms of massive dollars extorted from our club. Had we the 2012 or 2014 Premierships to show for it maybe we’d be more forgiving but there ain’t no second prize. It’s possibly why the Beagles forgave and re-employed him for the mess he left them in - they have the silverware for 2008 and 2011.

Reactions: TAS

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair point mate in terms of massive dollars extorted from our club. Had we the 2012 or 2014 Premierships to show for it maybe we’d be more forgiving but there ain’t no second prize. It’s possibly why the Beagles forgave and re-employed him for the mess he left them in - they have the silverware for 2008 and 2011.
He was too busy flying us under the radar :fearscream:
We could only lament of what he did to us :rage:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Let me add to this...
If fans knew of what I know about certain things that WERE planned to happen...
There would have been riots in Belmore !!!
Say NO MORE !!! :nomouth::nomouth::nomouth:
Like the contingency plan not relocating to the north shore if Manly went under.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was too busy flying us under the radar :fearscream:
We could only lament of what he did to us :rage:
Realistically in the 6 years Des spent with us we only had 1 genuine shot at the title and that was in 2012. We were a great side that year and I reckon we win the comp if the storm hadnt been stripped of their titles in 2010. They were on a mission that finals series.

In 2014 we had a great first final against Melbourne but then we got a good run against depleted Manly and Penrith sides. Not to mention we ran 7th that year.

Apart from those years we only had 1 finals win in his time (v St Merge in 2015). Given the resources available to Hasler and the ability we gave him to shape the roster he should have done better.

And not to mention the shit show he left us with

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha meaney will rattle him and make him play the ball the wrong way again lol
Meaney will outwit him with intelligence. He knows him. Meaney is a thinking player. Dallinn is an Afghan hound who does catch and run hard.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree in principle but what I am saying is this
we signed Allen, JAC, Naden, in the backs then shoot this bloke off and pay for 400k of his salary as a result
We're fucking shit at the moment, what does half of his supposed 800k salary get us?

Whys he on 800k? Was he backended? Why didnt we try and forward load that part of his contract prior to this year and not sign a scrub like Waddell when we have a glut of second rowers?

This is what I am saying the club needs to explain, specifically after saying under both of the recent boards that this would never happen again
Mate I'll call Lynne Anderson and zdeanno and ask them for an explanation. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate I'll call Lynne Anderson and zdeanno and ask them for an explanation. I'll get back to you ASAP.
The majority of Anderson's board is still on the board and running the club. So ask them

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The majority of Anderson's board is still on the board and running the club. So ask them
Thats been exactly my point. All im saying is we were told it wont happen again and its clearly happened again.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think you're getting what I am saying. I clarified further in my 2nd post in this thread.
The clubs is obviously not obligated to 'explain' the specifics...
What I am saying is we've let go of our best player, who we are now paying for next year. They said on multiple occasions that this wouldn't occur again.
Obviously these figures thrown around are garbage. I work in an industry not too far from sports and from my contacts and knowledge I know this for a fact.
The club needs to come out and say its happened or why is what I am saying, and what are the benefits.. Every other high profile player whose been told so recently has commented publicly, after their coaches or CEOs have spoken on it.
BEST PLAYER......what a cracker!!!!

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thats been exactly my point. All im saying is we were told it wont happen again and its clearly happened again.
Agree mate. The people that made those decisions are still in power

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would like to ask this- why was there a threat of an EGM last year?? What did the threat achieve? The majority of the board is the same. In reality the threat of the EGM only changed the Chair. All that damaging media for a new Chair. Club is at bottom and has played way worse than last year.
What was the EGM all about?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I would like to ask this- why was there a threat of an EGM last year?? What did the threat achieve? The majority of the board is the same. In reality the threat of the EGM only changed the Chair. All that damaging media for a new Chair. Club is at bottom and has played way worse than last year.
What was the EGM all about?
Personal vendetta between Anderson & Coorey.