Dale Finucane could be squeezed from the Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we don't lose both Kasiano and Finucane.

Finucane is probs in our top 3 defenders and with Ennis gone will be much more needed in the middle to tighten up our defence.

Kasiano is an X-factor type of player. He could have made a bit of a difference if he was in the GF in setting up our attack.

We need both.

Pritchard is on the other hand not so much.

We made the finals basically without his help. He is getting on in age and T-REX and Jackson are ahead of him in my opinion in starting and larger minutes. Pritchard is a good player but is beyond his best playing days. I think if my memory is correct we signed him initially on a fairly big sum and doesn't play to the standard of what someone else on his salary demands.

Get rid of Pritchard. He doesn't benefit our team the same way as the others. We coped without him. I hardly noticed during the regular season us missing his services and when he returned I felt like he was a waste of an interchange.

If anyone has to go, its Pritchard. Enough said.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to think about it this way..

If we let go of Kasiano, he will stay in the NRL likely at the Dragons.

If we let go of Finucane, he will stay in the NRL likely at the Storm.

If we let go of Pritchard, he will likely leave the NRL likely to the Super League.

Enough said, Pritchard is not worthy above Finucane and Kasiano or else he would have NRL clubs wanting his signature which doesnt seem to be the case.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd hate to be the one working this out between who to keep and salary cap etc.

This is really a make or break year for Kasiano, if he is missing again for alot of the year due to injury it will be a real worry. Frank is contracted until the end of 2016 and I doubt he's going anywhere, he'll make the club honour his contract.

I can see Dale being the one who is eventually forced out, i'd like to see him stay but not sure that's going to happen.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree with Mr I Dale is far to good a player to only get the minutes he does. I can understand his desire to play more and be regular starter at another club.

I would hate to see him go as blokes like him and Jackson have been part of this team throughout the rebuild, it would be great to see them win many a premiership with the dogs. I hope its all bullshit and he stays.

Having said that NRL is so ruthless that i would hate to be the one that decides who stays or goes. Also teams do need to make subtle changes each year to remain competitive. May be this is one of Hasler's longer view decision. If he goes i would be disappointed but that's life and i will get over it. He would be a good fit for the storm if this id all true....

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, he has been around forever and he is 27. I wonder why that might be?
He's an exceptional player.
I'm not calling for the club to let him go, I'm suggesting he probably won't be going on after this contract.

jamesb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need Pritchard, we need Kas and we should keep Finucane. We should trim off O'Hanlon and Tim Browne.

Don't really need Browne as Perrett and Klemmer fill this roll and once Pritchard retires Finucane gets more game time.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need Pritchard, we need Kas and we should keep Finucane. We should trim off O'Hanlon and Tim Browne.

Don't really need Browne as Perrett and Klemmer fill this roll and once Pritchard retires Finucane gets more game time.
The players you mentioned would be lucky if they make a quarter as much as the players you proposed we keep and they are solid first graders (as in they are good enough to play at most clubs). I don't want to lose the guys you mentioned but the salary cap exists. Dropping two players that might make 300k between them is hardly going to help us when Finucane Kas and Pritchard would easily pull in a mill between them.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

depends how we play the game next year ...our defense was outstanding this season and the forwards ( particularly the quantity/quality we had at hand was the key in the finals run.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely agree I would much rather see Pritchard go than anyone else. The bloke has been great but is at the end of it now, much rather retain our youth.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Frank is an edge forward and Dale plays in tight. Frank leaving give wont give Dale anymore game time.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he wants to go then there's not much we can do to stop him. If he's getting squeezed because of salary cap, then I'd offload Reni, Cook and cancel Antonio and this Rugby Union prick, to try and keep him. Maybe even piss off McNally as well.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Frank is an edge forward and Dale plays in tight. Frank leaving give wont give Dale anymore game time.
Very good point actually... but how rigid is firstly, NRL positions, and secondly, NRL players?

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't imagine why we need to lose any of them for next season, and the following season can be sorted out during the year ahead.

Finucane and Jackson came up together, and Jackson surged ahead in development faster, but I still imagine Finucane has a big role and future at the club ahead of him. As said already, I don't see Tank or Kas having any impact on his minutes, keeping all of the above is the best answer.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
with so many quality forwards in the team it always going to be someone has to go, but as to who is the clubs choice

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be devastated if he left. Has a terrific work rate and could be a future captain. He captained our junior squads. Like said earlier there are other forwards they should let go of first. Why sign an old prop to release dale? Doesn't make sense

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
Definitely agree I would much rather see Pritchard go than anyone else. The bloke has been great but is at the end of it now, much rather retain our youth.
I wouldn't be writing Pritchard off just yet. He was injured for a large portion of last season and was rushed back because we were on a slide and almost missed the 8.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dale was always playing on the edge!
He only started playing tight when Des came along..
Thats why Jackson has gone in front of Dale because Dale is learning a new role.
He was much better playing on the edge setting up trys!
I know it was only in the juniors but he knew what he was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.