Curtis Scott involved in Nightclub Brawl

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't touch him, very damaged goods from what I've heard.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
BREAKING: Troubled NRL star Curtis Scott sacked by Raiders

The Canberra Raiders have sacked centre Curtis Scott less than two seasons into a four-year deal in the nation’s capital.

He had not played in the NRL since Round 12 after an incident at a Canberra nightclub saw him charged by police with assault.

The NRL later sanctioned him with a $15,000 fine and three-game ban.

The Raiders concluded that incident along with prior misdemeanours involving Scott meant he had brought the club “into disrepute” and that they had no choice but to rip up his contract.

“The Canberra Raiders Board of Directors today decided to terminate the contract of Curtis Scott effective immediately,” the club said in a statement on Monday.

“The board carefully considered the statements made at the ‘show cause’ hearing with Curtis on August 17 and the material supplied afterward.

“The board decided that Curtis’ prior behaviour and recent assault charge has brought the club into disrepute, and they could not ignore this and the responsibilities that his NRL playing contract entails.

“The board said the club would continue to support Scott’s ongoing rehabilitation and it will be in contact with NRL Welfare in this regard.”

Along with the nightclub incident, Scott was also alleged to have assaulted two police officers when they found him passed out in early 2020 but those charges were dropped after bodycam footage was reviewed.

He did plead guilty to two charges of offensive behaviour though that happened previously on that night.

Scott had last week revealed how he signed himself up to Alcoholics Anonymous and underwent treatment with a psychiatrist in a bid to get his career and life back on track.

Scott had a forgettable 2019 season with the Melbourne Storm, relegated to Queensland Cup as he struggled to find consistent form.

He told foxsports.com.au at the time that the switch from Melbourne to Canberra would be a positive one as it would mean avoiding the “Sydney rat-race”.

“(Signing with Canberra) was to stay out of the Sydney rat-race and the Sydney fishbowl. It’s a good place to just concentrate on footy and at the moment, that’s the most important thing – apart from my family – that’s going on in my life,” Scott told foxsports.com.au this week.

“I would have had too many distractions in Sydney and it just would have been a little bit too full on. It would have been easier for me to go out and end up … not in trouble, but just not take footy as serious as I did when I moved away and focused on it.

“I had to pick if I wanted to go down the wrong road or the right road and that’s why I originally went to Melbourne – to get the best out of myself and my football.

“And it’s the same with the opportunity to go to Canberra. I’m older now and make better decisions but I also just think it’s the best place for me to get the most out of my football.”

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember all the people defending him after last year's incident... what a dead set toolbag. Only 23, and his career potentially over.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Imagine the shit he got up to in Melbourne we never heard about ….. easily the biggest fuckwit to lace a boot up for the raiders …..fair effort there indeed

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Imagine the shit he got up to in Melbourne we never heard about ….. easily the biggest fuckwit to lace a boot up for the raiders …..fair effort there indeed
There is some stiff competition. Duges, Ferguson and of course, the man-child famously banned from the entire city of Goulburn.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
apparently he got in a punch on with john bateman after a team function last year and injured himself which then led him to missing games. all kept secret by the raiders until now as well. Bloke must have serious issues

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
apparently he got in a punch on with john bateman after a team function last year and injured himself which then led him to missing games. all kept secret by the raiders until now as well. Bloke must have serious issues
Who won fight? I'm hoping Bateman the lovable scallywag.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Storm were experts in covering up extra curricular activities....Tandy, Scott, Howe to name a few......

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The Storm were experts in covering up extra curricular activities....Tandy, Scott, Howe to name a few......
My thoughts exactly …. Great at covering up stuff….. I mean they had two sets of books fir how long before they got caught

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Until this guy starts taking ownership for his behaviour nothing will change ,sounds like his lawyer has him on his xmas card list,seriously this world full of victims