2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
With the current squad would bellemy and bennett have more wins I'd say yes

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Paul Kent would get more wins (god forgive me for my foul mouth)

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Either of these coaches would make a difference. Both bring out the best available in players they have, and also know whats needed to build a regular winning team.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There’s no doubt any other coach gets more out of this team. Pay is happy if the boys try hard he doesn’t seem to have a need for anything else.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good coaches would have also figured out the duds in our squad and released and replaced them..

Some of our players top 30 just dont cut it at NRL level, if the club & coach was proactive they would look at releasing and replacing them..

Salary cap is just an excuse...plenty of other up and coming players that wont break the bank..

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably have two maybe three more wins on the board with Bellamy or Bennett as coach

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably have two maybe three more wins on the board with Bellamy or Bennett as coach

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Put simply, the club don't care about wins and losses. It's not a priority for them. They care more about furthering their own careers and boosting their profile than anything.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My post on the Hooker topic should be here!

They are dropping the ball with the try line wide open, standing still, or running alongside the attacking opposition, dh throwing it to Tolman, not backing up teammates and giving away reckless insane penalties through lack of confidence and trust in the processes. There is a total lack of respect and resolve to carry out the gameplan. This malaise has infected the club for at least 10 years (with intermittent successes). There is STILL the need, after the Hasler years, to clear out the joint and get a leading respected coach to start emphasising the "no compromise/no excuse" standards. I think Gould should be a priority as well to rebuild our media standing and gain some respect at HQ and with the refs. The downfall of this club is many faceted and it appears our problems are too big to be adequately handled by those alone at the Club now.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im not convinced it would be too much different, totally agree though Pay is far from what we need, but the troops we have are not helping.
Dropping the ball early in sets, both in our half and in opposition 20
No variance in 5th tackle options
Penalty Count, whether our fault or ref...
The bench rotation is terrible, cant understand why CHN gets rested
Selections are questionable
A mix of Coach and player there.
We look lost and it shows.

I dont think the score shows how the game went yesterday.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, we would be top 8 with a good coach whom was getting the best out of what we have. Said it before, bellyache or Bennett for example, better results.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We looked better last year (well during the second half anyway) with practically the same team, aside from the Morris twins. This year we've gone backwards in every way shape and form on the field, it's painfully obvious that pay is clueless, when the attack isn't working what does he do.....nothing, when we're so inept at doing anything during a game what does he say "I thought the boys tried hard, we just didn't complete, but that's footy"

Yeah, that's exactly what we need from a head coach :weary::triumph:

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I cant fault the record because the roster honestly says we are 13-16. What a good coach can do it get more out of their base players and I think on this front it was clear from day 1 that Pay was not that type of coach. I think even Des would do better.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A better coach wouldn't waste his time with this shit squad
Totally agree, someone asked why didn’t we go for Bennett last year, but guys like Bennett and Bellamy would run a mile from our squad.

Bennett only goes where he has a great crop of players coming through, coupled with some great existing players to help win premierships in the short-term.

It didn’t work at the Knights but that was complex (Tinkler) but Broncos > Dragons and now Souths looking strong.

He doesn’t waste time with a shit roster like ours.

Seriously, if either of these guys had the ability to use the whole salary cap on a new Top 30 at the Bulldogs, clear the decks or keep some players, they might be able to scrape a handful of guys they’d maybe keep - or they’d probably just start again.

Seriously though, take the Dogs glasses off and you might keep Reimis (although the last few weeks he has been shit), Ogden, CHN?

Anyone else you’d keep?

Don’t get me wrong the gameplan was fucking woeful and Pay is doing some seriously dumb shit but the lack of quality doesn’t help.

It’s all going against us at present...