Current NRL referee a Bulldogs fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is on a much lesser scale, but when refereeing junior games (Even when my own club was involved), I never once had even the thought in my mind that I'd try anything possible to make my club win. It's hard enough being a referee - let alone trying to forcefully change the way a result goes.
Exactly. I've refereed both Soccer and Rugby League (both at junior level, nothing close to the professional game) and, with your mind in a game, trying to force a result would be the last thing on your mind. I have no doubt that almost all refs do support a club when not reffing, but I can't think of a single official who routinely gives more calls to some teams than others.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tim Mander now an MP/ politician has always been a big time Qld and a Bronco fan.

he hates NSW with a passion.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Years ago, the top referee of the day, "Hollywood" Greg Hartley, admitted that he was a big fan of the way the Bulldogs played. To watch him on the field you would have been hard pressed to see any favouritism toward us.

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think most of the refs are "one eyed" if they opened "both" their eyes when refereeing they might not miss half things they do.:(

macca24

Waterboy
Reaction score
Refs in general

Doubt it, Luke Patton, Henry Parraranarrarar (LOL) as an example. Would be pretty pointless trying to ref and show favouritism and risk your job but I would hate to know a ref was a fan of say parra and we were playing the in a gf and he was the ref. Would prefer just not to know!

I think a lot of people underestimate the honesty of referee's. One of last years grand final referees is a mad Manly supporter but after watching his performance his decisions were correct and did not favor Manly in any way.
The Referees are a great bunch of blokes and if you want to see for yourself come and watch them play a charity cricket match for the McGrath Foundation at H.E Laybutt Sporting Complex on Reservoir road Blacktown on Saturday 4/01/2014 at 10.00am.

All donations Welcome

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They have trouble seeing a football, how the fuk are they going to see a cricket ball?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NRL refs aren't crooked. None of them are Italian.

Status
Not open for further replies.