Curran signed.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This can’t be right - @Flanagun expertly read Curran’s ‘body language’ - said he’d made no public statement about his joining the Bulldogs, had a ‘forced smile’ and ‘didn’t want to be here’. Josh Curran: ‘I’m really happy to be here’. Hmmm - what will the spin be: the club saw flappy gums TK post, Gus arranged an interview with Nine just so Josh could say he’s ‘happy’ to be at Belmore even though it’s all fake. Righto :mask:.
Just remember though Flanagun is a fuckwit though!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems like a pretty good chap. Speaks very well and seems pretty humble.

I love the fact that he said he enjoys giving fans his time. You get players with a great attitude often enough. But he's going to be a big part of our pack and hopefully improves with us. Would love to turn another prospect who's shown glimpses into another game winner. We used to do it regularly. Guys like O'Meley, Ryan and Pritchard always had loads of talent. But didn't achieve consistency until in our jersey. Would be a huge boost if Curran plays close to his best every week. He's a destructive player when he's in form.

Last edited:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A lot of people only focusing on Currans running game. I actually think he’s defence is he’s strongest part of game. Whilst he does run hard, he’s work in tidying up the middle will be a massive plus for us. Will take huge work load of Mahoney allowing better service hopefully

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This can’t be right - @Flanagun expertly read Curran’s ‘body language’ - said he’d made no public statement about his joining the Bulldogs, had a ‘forced smile’ and ‘didn’t want to be here’. Josh Curran: ‘I’m really happy to be here’. Hmmm - what will the spin be: the club saw flappy gums TK post, Gus arranged an interview with Nine just so Josh could say he’s ‘happy’ to be at Belmore even though it’s all fake. Righto :mask:.
Oh the passion! Took him a month to say anything and the best he could manage was to tell a story Gus giving him an awkward hug. But sure, he’s here because of an uncomfortable old man hug, not because there were no other offers on the table lol.

The fact you’re taking this as a win and proof of genuine passion is all the proof I need that you are just a really clever parody account.

Well played, Dink. You had me going.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Curran will become a cult hero with the fans. Not just because of the hair, but he plays hard and has no fear or thought of self preservation. Bulldogs fans love players like him..
Spot on he will be a great acquisition mate.
Extra points for the mullet(I'm jealous of flowing locks who cares about style lol)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Let’s break the so called proof of passion in this video down.

In the space of a few minutes Curran:

Shows off his tattoo of a dog, then charities it has nothing to do with the club.

Falters when he says Gus hugging him was comfortable. Translation = well, that was awkward, but pasty old man boobs had money, so I’ll cop it.

Admits he sees Coraldo as more of a mate than a coach…. Because that’s what you want in a first grade coach.,

Smiles for most of the interview, not even a hint of a smile when he says he’s excited to be here.

Yep, the bloke looks totally stoked lololol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A lot of people only focusing on Currans running game. I actually think he’s defence is he’s strongest part of game. Whilst he does run hard, he’s work in tidying up the middle will be a massive plus for us. Will take huge work load of Mahoney allowing better service hopefully
Na, his defence isn't anything amazing imo. Had a good period @ lock a few years back when he replaced Tohu who was injured however he never really hit the same heights again. Has been quite sloppy in defence recently and it's why he couldn't nail down a starting spot at the Warriors.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Oh the passion! Took him a month to say anything and the best he could manage was to tell a story Gus giving him an awkward hug. But sure, he’s here because of an uncomfortable old man hug, not because there were no other offers on the table lol.

The fact you’re taking this as a win and proof of genuine passion is all the proof I need that you are just a really clever parody account.

Well played, Dink. You had me going.
On behalf of TK, Flappy Gums is hereby thanked for erasing the memory of Round 18 2023 by winning the ‘worst defensive effort’ of 2023 with this post :-):
1702061938538.gif

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Na, his defence isn't anything amazing imo. Had a good period @ lock a few years back when he replaced Tohu who was injured however he never really hit the same heights again. Has been quite sloppy in defence recently and it's why he couldn't nail down a starting spot at the Warriors.
Once again of course the stats don’t support your opinion. After 5 years with the Warriors, never lower than 91.5% tackle efficiency and his worse year was, unsurprisingly his first season. In missed tackles per game 2023 was actually his best season at 1.7 per game.

This is of course where you claim that the stats lie and your memory of watching X number of Warriors games is superior to the professional statisticians who watch every game. Once more you will assert that the stats aren’t revealing the truth, that your eyes are the only ones that see what others have missed.

Always a Bulldog

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Curran will become a cult hero with the fans. Not just because of the hair, but he plays hard and has no fear or thought of self preservation. Bulldogs fans love players like him..
Our new Robbo? ❤

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Once again of course the stats don’t support your opinion. After 5 years with the Warriors, never lower than 91.5% tackle efficiency and his worse year was, unsurprisingly his first season. In missed tackles per game 2023 was actually his best season at 1.7 per game.

This is of course where you claim that the stats lie and your memory of watching X number of Warriors games is superior to the professional statisticians who watch every game. Once more you will assert that the stats aren’t revealing the truth, that your eyes are the only ones that see what others have missed.

Always a Bulldog
"Tackle efficiency" lol. Enough said.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
When it suits him he will quote stats. When it doesn’t his usual negative opinion will do.