Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Whoa slow down, Cronulla can easily beat that.

LOL!
They couldn't beat an egg into cake mix let alone a crowd, let alone another team. As much as I'd love for them to beat the Dragons lol

The Hickstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
if bulldogs had 13,000 memebers and souths has almost 20,000 memebers if u think of it the crowd would have been 33,000. but atleast souths supporters should have showed up at least 60% of should have been there and bulldogs fans at least couple of thousands were there. but i can understand the wet weather was the problem for most

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
The weather during the game would of confused alot of people, last night and the hours leading into the games it was pouring (like torrential) rain, would of kept alot of people away so it was still an ok effort.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
cronulla will be lucky to get 11,000 at todays game.

its raining, its a monday night and sharks just suck

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
cronulla will be lucky to get 11,000 at todays game.

its raining, its a monday night and sharks just suck
I say about 7-8 thousand, TBH. Nothing is in their favour.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shocking crowds week 2.

Nth Qld fans stopped supporting their team. They used to be terrible and be 2nd last every year and get 23k a week no matter what.

The last few years their crowds have been slipping massively each year and this week, after a big win and the first home game of the season against an entertaining Knights team they get 14k?

Something's not right up there.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Shocking crowds week 2.

Nth Qld fans stopped supporting their team. They used to be terrible and be 2nd last every year and get 23k a week no matter what.

The last few years their crowds have been slipping massively each year and this week, after a big win and the first home game of the season against an entertaining Knights team they get 14k?

Something's not right up there.
They might be struggling financially given the recent weather? Dunno.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They might be struggling financially given the recent weather? Dunno.
The people? Yeah but like I said, it's been that way for the last 5 or so years. Sure the team was listless and rubbish but they had big names and stars and like I said, used to get 20k a game in the late 90's, early 2000's when they were even worse and had no stars like Thurston, Bowen, Tonga etc.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
think she meant the natural disasters happening around the townsville area. Their supporters might have been hit hard and i think the last thing on their mind is a footy match

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
think she meant the natural disasters happening around the townsville area. Their supporters might have been hit hard and i think the last thing on their mind is a footy match
Naw read my mind.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know that Hani, that's fair enough this year. Will affect the whole state. I should have thought about that in my post more. But, like I said, their crowds have been shocking for years now.

Same with Newcastle. They used to get 24k every game and have 2k fans travel to every away game, now their stadium is better and team is always entertaining and they get 14-18k a game if that.

And Penrith? Wow. 12k week one at home after they finished 2nd last year. And last year their crowds were a disgrace when they were in the top 4 all year.

Don't even get started on Cronulla.

The NRL needs to look at ticket prices, game times, giveaways, anything to get more fans at those clubs games again.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
First post updated with round 3 crowds.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
next home is against souFFS in rd 6 and i think we can get 30k if souFFS are performing well in the next 2 games and the weather is good

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Actually we dont have a home game til round 7. We have Storm (A), Dragons (A) then the Eels (and its there home game at ANZ against us)

Status
Not open for further replies.