News Cronulla Sharks move on veterans

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I like Johnson for less than 400k his options seem limited will be interesting to see what happens with him and milf.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That was going to be my question, do they still have time left on their deals with cronulla?

If they do I don't see anyone wanting to sign Dugan or Woods so won't their cap be fucked?
I think all three have another year left. Cronulla had space to sign Hynes and re-sign the others but I doubt they could do anything else unless some of their dead weight is moved on.

And like you, I don't see why clubs would take Woods and Dugan and do Cronulla a favour when they're both on sizeable deals.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That was going to be my question, do they still have time left on their deals with cronulla?

If they do I don't see anyone wanting to sign Dugan or Woods so won't their cap be fucked?
They're all off contract after this year.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely take SJ for a year or two. He’s still got some great form, not past him just yet.!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sharon Woods, glad we let him go so quickly, Dugan is the biggest sook soccer player ever to wear an NRL jersey so FAARK NO to both.

SJ, with Burton for a year or 2 would make sense as he is experienced and would benefit from Burton being dominate and allow him to pick and choose his involvement.

At the right price you could sign him and give Averillo FB to do the sort of thing Duffy does.
  1. Avo
  2. Jac
  3. Naden
  4. Allen
  5. Cotric
  6. Burton
  7. Johnson
    Not to bad at all

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woods will end up at Canberra as Ricky is a fan.
Dugan will end up in oblivion as no one will take that hack.

They are making some good moves though.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Offer him 400k or lower and make a 1mil plus play at jfh and 2022 is looking pretty good.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think its more bang for buck, Tolman for example would be asking for less than Woods, same with SJ and Moylan. Having said all that a Hynes and Moylan half combination does not sound that great to me

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Woods will end up at Canberra as Ricky is a fan.
Dugan will end up in oblivion as no one will take that hack.

They are making some good moves though.
The last thing Canberra needs is another forward. Especially one as bad/soft as Sharon.. Johnson makes sense for them with Williams leaving. Or maybe we could somehow offload Flanagan to them?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last thing Canberra needs is another forward. Especially one as bad/soft as Sharon.. Johnson makes sense for them with Williams leaving. Or maybe we could somehow offload Flanagan to them?
Agree re Woods, but the same can be said for Johnson, he puts the con in inconsistency. The Raiders will probably make an offer, but I doubt it'll be near the money he's used to getting. The club will be gun shy to outlay huge money and once he gets a taste of the Canberra night life, Shaun will get "homesick" for mud pits of Rotorua pretty quickly.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the fuckwits,
I mean Rugby League recruitment and coaching experts on this forum think its a great idea to bring Klemmer back.
We should sign his besty Woods.
Wouldnt it be great to have the dynamic duo Woods and klemmer back at the dogs
We could give them a cool catchy name like Klemmwoodinator.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's assuming anyone takes these guys off their hands. Someone will sign Johnson, even if he only plays 20% of the time. But no one will take Dugan or Woods unless Cronulla pay most of their deals.
Dugan & Woods' contacts finish in 2021 so Sharks won't pay anything.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Since the fuckwits,
I mean Rugby League recruitment and coaching experts on this forum think its a great idea to bring Klemmer back.
We should sign his besty Woods.
Wouldnt it be great to have the dynamic duo Woods and klemmer back at the dogs
We could give them a cool catchy name like Klemmwoodinator.
Hey & Why don't we re-unite Dugan & Ferguson whilst we are at it?