Cronulla riots - where were u

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Special on Channel 7 about the Cronulla riots on atm. Was running a custom Harley shop at the time at Taren Point and remember when it went down thinking fair play - knew the lifeguards and girls at Cronulla had copped a hard time for years from middle eastern kids. Bit overboard but fck me, no one else seemed to be able to keep these kids under control. Some of the stories I'd heard over the years were ugly as.

Following day, walked the dogs up towards Punchbowl Oval (and of course wearing a shirt that said Cronulla beach lol). Ran into some Leb boys I knew and they just told me to get the fck out of there, its gunna get ugly. Could see all the cars and thinking, yeah, this ain't good. Got out of there quicker than Scomo after the election.

Found out later that the cops blocked the three bridges into the shire. So the bankstown boys just drove around via Heathcote road and went to town.

All in all - pretty fckd up. Not placing blame - but reckon the guys who got beaten up at cronulla had nothing to do with the previous issues and the victims of the retaliation had nothing to do with that day at Cronulla beach. Sad shit that never needed to happen.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The face of the riots took his own life after that...so I read a few years back.
Screenshot_20230208-203912_Google.jpg

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cheffin' in an Italian Restaurant while also studying at Uni during the week, and weekends consisted of working until 1am then hitting the town until 7am. I basically had just enough time to watch a few minutes of Law & Order (good for insomnia) before getting my daily 15 minutes of sleep.

Honestly, it wasn't until after the riots that I heard about them.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck knows what I was doing, but I'm 99% certain that I would have been within 15km of where I am right now.

I find it very sad that this all happened. Part of me is a massive hippie that just wants everyone to get along. I know that in spite of what many people will say, Australians are still very prone to boots of racism. But in saying that, racism is unfortunately a very human thing that isn't isolated to any nationality, skin colour or religious belief.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Fuck knows what I was doing, but I'm 99% certain that I would have been within 15km of where I am right now.

I find it very sad that this all happened. Part of me is a massive hippie that just wants everyone to get along. I know that in spite of what many people will say, Australians are still very prone to boots of racism. But in saying that, racism is unfortunately a very human thing that isn't isolated to any nationality, skin colour or religious belief.
Its an interesting question about racism. The assaults, well I'd say the reasons for the attack were not racist. Think the reasons were born of frustration of inaction by authorities. Had middle eastern kids been causing havoc on Cronulla Beach for years. Yep. Were the Cronulla locals derogatory and insulting to middle eastern families for years whose only crime was to coming to the beach to enjoy it. Yep.

Its just the perps on both sides were racist and used those reasons as an excuse.

Its a good debate.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alot stemmed from pretty woman and girls being harassed for wearing bikinis. Which is awful.
Never happened like that growing up.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was having a beer at the Westmead Tavern of all places when the vision started to come through.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alot stemmed from pretty woman and girls being harassed for wearing bikinis. Which is awful.
I’m sure some of the issue is what you stated, but the way that f’king c0cksuckr Alan Jones rallied his red neck listeners only added fuel to the fire & what went down

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
TBF, pissed white guys were as much a nuisance to the girls as middle eastern boys. It was more the disrespect and assaults on the lifesavers that pissed the locals.
I’m sure some of the issue is what you stated, but the way that f’king c0cksuckr Alan Jones rallied his red neck listeners only added fuel to the fire & what went down
Yeah - and then spent years denying he did anything of the sort. Met him a few times - you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger fckwit.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's pretty much how it was summed up.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That copper on the train went to town with his baton busting some ugly heads open.

Well played sir

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Crowd pissing up from 8am on a hot day, what could go wrong.....

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No idea why it started but for some reason the bra boys met with the commos about two weeks later to smooth things over lol
The Bra boys thought they run the eastern s suburbs or something
Massive bunch of flogs

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Watching The Beastie Boys Chemical Brothers and System of a Down at Big Day Out. Mates were texting me that lived in Cronulla saying it’s getting wild they were just sitting on their balcony watching it all.