Critta to FB

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Another issue is some saying it's gonna be 3-4-5 years before we get our youngsters into the f/g team and success and that all the 2 year guys are just fill ins while we wait.

In the meantime what about the Kikaus, Crichtons, Xerris, Currans, etc and possible elite forwards we've been trying to get.... are we asking them to sacrifice their careers while we do a total rebuild based on waiting years for juniors to mature.

It's possibly fraught with danger expecting these previously successful guys, from successful systems to give 100% yet watch their careers go down the shoot. Will be very hard to maintain effort and enthusiasm for them if we don't have some success and win more than we lose.
I think in today's game you can build a competitive roster (in or around the 8) without relying on juniors but you need them if you want to push for a premiership. You also need a coach that isn't out of his depth/learning on the run. We've just made too many mistakes along the way.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think in today's game you can build a competitive roster (in or around the 8) without relying on juniors but you need them if you want to push for a premiership. You also need a coach that isn't out of his depth/learning on the run. We've just made too many mistakes along the way.
We keep repeating them which is the saddest part :(

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol don't blame Kikau, Burton is obviously the issue on that edge.
Look we are strugling for points and I'm not blaming him directly, he played well but where CC has him positioned one inside Critta is taking good ball away from him where he'd have more time and space to show his skill and ability when he is receiving directly from the halves.

I know Kikau has always played one inside the centre at Penrith but they also had forwards going forward, we don't. Move Kikau closer to the middle and play a barging forward like Leota or Taumololo. We don't have a forward like this and we lack size so we need to change it up.

Personally, I think Critta is being starved of the ball and is quiet in our attack. Have a look at the game again and see the lack of space Critta had. Kikau had more space but with Critta's speed that should be him in those situations. It reminds me of what T-Rex was doing years ago.

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
825k a year to defend is the plan I guess. It's criminal to play him centre in our team/set-up. We probably shouldn't of bought him if this was the plan. I still like him but value for money isn't going to be there. Next his form will drop like the rest of them.
Joash is probably the long term plan and maybe not as far away as people think. Possible debut second half of the year?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Critta 101 mtrs. The least out of all our backline.
Kikau 137 mtrs sits one inside him.
There is a positional problem here. That's on CC and JT

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say yes but vital burton moves to the centres

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much safer option and will get our sets off to a good start with his kick returns. He's a smart player and we need him to get his hands onto the ball more often.

Taffe is shaky at Fullback, I see no plus in having him play fb, he doesn't offer support play, he gets driven back on returns and just doesn't look comfortable under the high ball.

Id like to see Burton shifted to center but that's obviously not gonna happen but I wonder how long it will take for CC to make changes. Does he wait till the season is lost?
Agree he’s not getting any ball at Centre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s what we said last year, and the year before .. oh wait and the year before that as well DICKHEAD!!!!!!
Last year, the year before and the year before that, we probably were the worst team in the comp.
anyone who thinks we’re the worst team in the comp this year after those two games, doesn’t watch too much footy.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Last year, the year before and the year before that, we probably were the worst team in the comp.
anyone who thinks we’re the worst team in the comp this year after those two games, doesn’t watch too much footy.
Fans are basing their fears and concerns on the previous years disappointments and failures so are unlikely to change their opinions at least until we get a win.

Asap we start looking like a confident, attacking team who can score points and win some games, all the natural optimism of Bulldogs fans will be back.

The negative crew have to see it thru till that starts happening and the positive crew have to have patience with the negatives till the tide turns lol

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our left side is absolutely rock solid defensively now. Not sure if he's good enough at FB to justify moving him. We have Tracey as potential replacement for Taafe. Just not sure when we replace him.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think xerri needs to play first grade preferably centre.... That leaves
Fb tracey
W Jac and kiraz
C xerri and critter
5/8 burton
7 sexton
I think this a great 1 to 7
Hard to leave Wilson out

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now that Burton had a reasonably good game I find it hard to see him moved to the centres therefore IF Ciro opts to make changes the backline could look like this
1 Tracey
2 Kiraz
3 Xerri
4 Crichton
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Sexton
14 Hutchison

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
he ran once and they opened up nek min the only support was a prop

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much safer option and will get our sets off to a good start with his kick returns. He's a smart player and we need him to get his hands onto the ball more often.

Taffe is shaky at Fullback, I see no plus in having him play fb, he doesn't offer support play, he gets driven back on returns and just doesn't look comfortable under the high ball.

Id like to see Burton shifted to center but that's obviously not gonna happen but I wonder how long it will take for CC to make changes. Does he wait till the season is lost?
Dont mind this at all moe. I predicted it, and have now seen enough of crichton at centre within our lineup to know hes wasted out there and in order to try and get best bang for our near million dollar a season bucks we should move him to fullback.

Hes one of our best with ball in hand so lets get him some extra touches at fullback and see what happens. Nothing to lose. What is evident so far is that Taafe is not the answer at fullback.