Cricket 2023/24 Thread

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good morning Kennellers who like cricket.

A bit of a late start to the summer (northwithanding the recent conclusion to the WBBL), with the following coming up:

This Wedneday - anniual PM X1 game in Canberra (v Pakistan).
Then 3 tests v Pakistan in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney.
Then 2 tests v WInides (how the mighty have fallen) in Adelaide then Brisbane - yes Brisbane in late January. This is followed by 3 ODIs and 3 T20s.
Then we pop over to Enzed in February for 2 tests plus some T20s.

Than of course the world must stop for the mighty IPL.

Before the T20 world cup in WI and USE in June.

Here is the squad for the Paki series.

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-04 at 8.41.29 AM.jpeg

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Crikey News:

"As the government promises to extend the anti-siphoning list to include streaming services, Amazon has grabbed the rights to major cricket events for the next four years, meaning Australians will have to pay to watch the next one-day and T20 world cups. Glenn Dyer and Bernard Keane write that it’s the kind of move Rupert Murdoch used to pull off when building his broadcast empire — but now the tables have been turned."

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hope Renshaw goes well tomorrow.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why has Mitchell Johnson been sacked from radio commentary this summer?

@Flanagun sounds like upsetting Warner is like upsetting the Gus lovers in here.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why has Mitchell Johnson been sacked from radio commentary this summer?

@Flanagun sounds like upsetting Warner is like upsetting the Gus lovers in here.
He fucked around and found out.

Basically its a long standing beef he had with Warner and his missus. Been all over the internet.

Considering Mrs Warner is currently hosting MMM breakfast over summer and Johnson its out of job, i guess we can see who won that one.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
He fucked around and found out.

Basically its a long standing beef he had with Warner and his missus. Been all over the internet.

Considering Mrs Warner is currently hosting MMM breakfast over summer and Johnson its out of job, i guess we can see who won that one.
Well - lets go through what happened.

- Candy says on Back Page when suggested Warners form isn't up to scratch that, well no one else is good enough to replace Davey boy for the last Ashes (I actually saw this episode, Mitch was right, she was pretty full on about it for a light hearted sports show). She also specifically named names in that episode (Harris, Renshaw, Bancroft). Wasn't Mitch who suggested dropping Warner - it was common discussion at the time
- Mitch writes a column saying well, if we go by that theory, Lillee is still opening the bowling and that its a bit cringe to have your wife defending you and putting shite on other players
- Davey texts Mitch the following day with what Mitch says was a bit out of line - quite bad according to Mitch and personal
- Mitch tries to call Davey the day after and he doesn't take the calls (per Mitch)
- Candy says that Mitch is just using Davey to make a headline and that no one listens to him as his comments have no merit
- Somewhere in there George Bailey sends Mitch a 2am text message also having a shot for his views on Warners selection
- Mitch then comes out and says Davey has screwed the selectors by announcing two series in advance when he will retire, doesn't deserve a heros send off (as his record and sandpaper makes it unjustified) and that Bailey is basically a puppet for the players (and says his column was partially motivated by the Warner/Bailey texts). Also said if you got something to say, ring me up and talk to me. Sending texts and nothing else is weak.

Reckon Mitch is 150% right. Posted elsewhere and no one, and I mean no one is trying to do what Warner is by announcing his retirement this early when his spot is in question. Not our 3 previous test captains or Warne, McGrath did this shite. Yet somehow Warner deserves this despite the De Kock incident (where Warner spent 3 hours listing the people that had screwed De Kocks sister and mother while batting but when De Kock mentioned SBW back as they were walking off Warner lost it and wanted to punch on) or sandpapergate.

And now I get to listen to the shite head during the Summer on Fox. The sooner this clown heads off to India to play bit roles in b-grade Bollywood movies the better.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well Davey, why don't you tell us what was in the text message you sent Mitch?
No one (well not that many I suspect) will be sorry to see him and Candy go on their merry way...at least from representing Australia and WAGS....will still be around on media tho I guess.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
No one (well not that many I suspect) will be sorry to see him and Candy go on their merry way...at least from representing Australia and WAGS....will still be around on media tho I guess.
Representing WAGS? Is that a thing?

Fck me - how low does this shite have to go.

Lunix86

Waterboy
Reaction score
The "screwed the selectors" crap is such a cop out... him saying i will retire in Sydney should not justify selection... if his form does not warrant being in the team and they continue to pick him then that's not Warner's fault, the onus is on them to grow a set and drop him, its as simple as that.