Cricket 2022/23 thread

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol at these sooks and pure bad sports.

As i said on the night this couldn't have happened to a more deserving self entitled bunch of pricks than them.
Fuck you now and forever India, you suck hard :hearteyes:
come on mate

India didnt deserve to lose the final .

They were the best team in the comp by a country mile. Best batter, best bowler, smashed every single team in the comp minus the final day.

Yes, their ex player, commentators, experts e.t.c were going off a bit cocky but the players were still humble.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
come on mate

India didnt deserve to lose the final .

They were the best team in the comp by a country mile. Best batter, best bowler, smashed every single team in the comp minus the final day.

Yes, their ex player, commentators, experts e.t.c were going off a bit cocky but the players were still humble.
If they don't play well enough to win the final, they deserve to lose it...simple.

The Aussies would have had them in the opening group game too, if not for the fact they dropped Kohli when India were 3 for next to nothing. India had the better of conditions that day, Australia had the better of conditions in the final. Australia also read the conditions better, because Rohit said he would have batted.

Agreed that the players were humble...some fans and ex players should take a leaf from their book. India are a very good side, but the arrogance of arguing they deserved to win....or didn't deserve to lose is off the chain. Performing under finals pressure is what winning big tournaments is all about. I suppose Manly didn't deserve to lose the 1995 GF lol.

Last edited:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If they don't play well enough to win the final, they deserve to lose it...simple.

The Aussies would have had them in the opening group game too, if not for the fact they dropped Kohli when India were 3 for next to nothing. India had the better of conditions that day, Australia had the better of conditions in the final. Australia also read the conditions better, because Rohit said he would have batted.

Agreed that the players were humble...some fans and ex players should take a leaf from their book. India are a very good side, but the arrogance of arguing they deserved to win....or didn't deserve to lose is off the chain. Performing under finals pressure is what winning big tournaments is all about. I suppose Manly didn't deserve to lose the 1995 GF lol.
well thats it

NSW didnt deserve to lose any SOO game or series in the last 6 years

Kangroos didn't deserve to lose Pacific Championship.

but the best teams in the comp ended up losing in all the above.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

In 1995 we beat 13+ 2 sides that lost only 2 games each that year. Manly to Easts and Cronulla. Canberra to Manly and Cronulla. The Easts game famous as coach Gould was close to walking his team off the field how bad the refereeing was. We won the premiership. Manly and Canberra knew they didn't perform in the key games.

Same in Cricket World Cups. It's all about the final. Australia planned to finish top 3 (avoid India in semi final). Australia worked out a plan for India. They took the doctored pitch and crowd out of the game. Australia said they had plans. They found a way to slow India's scoring. In Cricket you need 1-2 players to play that exceptional game. Head is a terrible fielder took probably the 2nd best ever catch in a World Cup Final. Head played an innings that blew India off the park. Cummins stats appeared poor he did though show why Cricket isn't all about stats. He showed exceptional match awareness during this World Cup.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
India is too obsessed with own personal records and stats. Getting individuals into team of the tournaments, most 6's, best averages, most 100's and all that rubbish. Australia only cares about the end result of winning the game.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
well thats it

NSW didnt deserve to lose any SOO game or series in the last 6 years

Kangroos didn't deserve to lose Pacific Championship.

but the best teams in the comp ended up losing in all the above.
Lol if they were that much better but lost to their opposition anyway, they absolutely did deserve it. You can't just turn up on the day and expect to get the job done.

I don't think India are necessarily better than the Aussies, anyway. They dominated most of the cup, but they were playing in front of parochial home crowds, on wickets which were prepared to their specifications. The Aussies started the series a little slowly, but came good at the right time.... the number of times they've done that despite other teams being more favoured suggests it's no fluke.

Even if Indians do believe they are the better team, you don't come out and say that after losing a final convincingly. That's the sort of thing England would do. At least when they pulled the felt we should have won card it was close lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol if they were that much better but lost to their opposition anyway, they absolutely did deserve it. You can't just turn up on the day and expect to get the job done.

I don't think India are necessarily better than the Aussies, anyway. They dominated most of the cup, but they were playing in front of parochial home crowds, on wickets which were prepared to their specifications. The Aussies started the series a little slowly, but came good at the right time.... the number of times they've done that despite other teams being more favoured suggests it's no fluke.

Even if Indians do believe they are the better team, you don't come out and say that after losing a final convincingly. That's the sort of thing England would do. At least when they pulled the felt we should have won card it was close lol
Australia barely beat pathetic South Africa in the semi finals.

against minnows Afghanistan they were 7 down for not many.

India on the other hand, butchered every team in the comp including Australia in their first meet up. Heck India did not even lose all 10 wickets in any match until the final game.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
India is too obsessed with own personal records and stats. Getting individuals into team of the tournaments, most 6's, best averages, most 100's and all that rubbish. Australia only cares about the end result of winning the game.
I think India went out with a plan to win above all else...the was Rohit batted was proof of that. We just played and planned better than them in the game that mattered most.

Don't want to take too much away from India. They did have an exceptional tournament and had they won, I'd have tipped my hat and called them deserving. But you can't go around saying you deserved to win the cup when you had a chance and lost it. The players know that.

Last edited:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

I laugh at the claim that the pitches were prepared to their specification when the Australian and NZ spinners took most of the wickets in the comp and indian fast bowler was number 1.

again how were the pitched doctored or prepared to go in indias favour?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Australia barely beat pathetic South Africa in the semi finals.

against minnows Afghanistan they were 7 down for not many.

India on the other hand, butchered every team in the comp including Australia in their first meet up. Heck India did not even lose all 10 wickets in any match until the final game.
"Pathetic South Africa" who only dropped three games in the whole tournament. And only one game when they batted first. They were a completely different team batting first to second, tbh.

Yes, India dominated the preliminary games (although they were one dropped catch away from getting beaten by the team that eventually got them in their opening game). They then lost the final in very convincing fashion. And we still have Indians carrying on about how they were best. Doesn't sound like the team that was the best to me.

All this we were the best stuff is a bit pathetic. Nobody deserves anything in sport unless they achieve it. India had a great tournament, but they played their best cricket too early and didn't produce when it really mattered. End of story.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I laugh at the claim that the pitches were prepared to their specification when the Australian and NZ spinners took most of the wickets in the comp and indian fast bowler was number 1.

again how were the pitched doctored or prepared to go in indias favour?
Oh, come on, Fam. You had the Indians pulling the old switcheroo on which pitch they were using in an ICC tournament without consulting the ICC, and you reckon they weren't trying to give themselves a bit of a leg up?

Shami bowled brilliantly, there's no denying that.....He also had a bit of fortune in bowling a lot of his overs under lights without heavy dew...which were the ideal conditions for a quick to be bowling in this tournament. He did have heavy dew to contend with at Ahmedabad and wasn't anywhere near as effective.

I don't want to make too much of the pitches.....I didn't go as far as to call it doctoring, as some have, but I 100 percent believe they were having input into the surfaces.

The reality is India had a big home ground advantage and still didn't deliver when it mattered most.... so you can't rightly call them the best. Especially when they have a track record of looking like world beaters throughout the prelim rounds and then losing to better prepared opposition in the finals that dates back all the way to their last cup win in 2011. You don't think strategies, preparation and performing when the pressure is highest are important factors in what makes a team great?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh, come on, Fam. You had the Indians pulling the old switcheroo on which pitch they were using in an ICC tournament without consulting the ICC, and you reckon they weren't trying to give themselves a bit of a leg up?

Shami bowled brilliantly, there's no denying that.....He also had a bit of fortune in bowling a lot of his overs under lights without heavy dew...which were the ideal conditions for a quick to be bowling in this tournament. He did have heavy dew to contend with at Ahmedabad and wasn't anywhere near as effective.

I don't want to make too much of the pitches.....I didn't go as far as to call it doctoring, as some have, but I 100 percent believe they were having input into the surfaces.

The reality is India had a big home ground advantage and still didn't deliver when it mattered most.... so you can't rightly call them the best. Especially when they have a track record of looking like world beaters throughout the prelim rounds and then losing to better prepared opposition in the finals that dates back all the way to their last cup win in 2011. You don't think strategies, preparation and performing when the pressure is highest are important factors in what makes a team great?

India did have a say in the pitch selection in the semi final but that is allowed as per the rules as a host country. That said the pitch was supposed to assist the spinners where Shami the fast bowler took career best of 7 wickets for 30 odd so yea at the end the pitch selection had no say in the outcome of the game as it assisted the fast bowlers more from both sides than the spinners and it was all as per the rules anyway.

as far as home crowd factor is concerned, it goes with any side hosting the competition so I dont know what the complain is about.

Also this Indian team is the best team in indias history on talent and ability and way better than the team that won the 1983 or 2011 world cup.

Also not taking away anything from Australia, but India didn't deserve to lose after such a great campaign.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
India did have a say in the pitch selection in the semi final but that is allowed as per the rules as a host country. That said the pitch was supposed to assist the spinners where Shami the fast bowler took career best of 7 wickets for 30 odd so yea at the end the pitch selection had no say in the outcome of the game as it assisted the fast bowlers more from both sides than the spinners and it was all as per the rules anyway.

as far as home crowd factor is concerned, it goes with any side hosting the competition so I dont know what the complain is about.

Also this Indian team is the best team in indias history on talent and ability and way better than the team that won the 1983 or 2011 world cup.

Also not taking away anything from Australia, but India didn't deserve to lose after such a great campaign.
India may have been the best team in the competition..but Australia are the best team in the world.. Got the trophy to prove it.. :grimacing:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

I think you'll find the rules state that the host nation should have no say in pitch prep for an ICC tournament, mate. It's all supposed to be done independently. And all decisions by curators are supposed to go through the ICC pitch representative - who seems to have been to be left in the dark, judging from comments he made about it. I think India bent the rules, and the ICC backed them as they always do because of their political clout.

You might be right it didn't work out in their favour.

I'm not complaining about anything, really. Apart from the fact we just won a World Cup and quite a few past Indian players and fans are disrespecting that achievement by only talking about how good India were, and how they deserved it. I feel sorry for the Indian players...especially the old heads like Rohit and Kohli who won't get another crack at it, but it is what it is.

I understand you're stinging... and I thought it would be India's time, too.... it's fine to be proud of them, and disappointed. But there has to be a winner...which means you can't really say one team didn't deserve to lose without implying the other team didn't deserve to win. I think the Aussies earned that win with some great planning and brilliant execution on the day. No matter how much better this Indian team may be than past Indian teams, that is still clearly an area in which they struggle a bit.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

They deserved to lose and lost with 7 overs to spare. That’s a slaughter of 1999 and 2015 proportions.