News Crichton‘s encouraging act in Dogs debut as halves dilemma deepens: What we learned

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bit of a wobbly start but for a supposedly small pack they stood up to them, looked heavy duty.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tracey needs to be full back and sexton needs to be the half i don’t know why Ciro has gone Hutchinson he was sloppy and slow if that was sexton making that break he would’ve scored he is a lot faster and the game has began faster and faster

overall im happy with the defensive it was good very
Impressed

I’m sure the boys will have a solid defensive system in place and the names we have are big names these boys step up and they will kill it.

skelton aswell is a good option

hurchinson i cant see him in the 7 for long

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sexton should of got more minutes
Yes fully agree, in my opinion Sexton is the more experienced of the two and the fastest of the two and looks fitter than Hutchinson and let's not forget he is a pretty good goal kicker as well., he also showed late last season that he is capable of putting the short kick in goal and is not afraid to put he's body on the line, I hope CC does not do another Perham experiment with our halves and just pick his pet players, he has to put the club above anything else, plus the name SEXton sounds better than HUTCHinson ( he should be playing for South Sydney Rabbits ) which leads me to a joke for you
Q> How long is the hair on a Rabbit's Back?
A> About 15 seconds

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't realize Hutch was as slow as Lachlan Lewis.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Went to the game which most here can't say.
Gus looked very grumpy. He must wonder what the #### he has to do to get bums on seats.
A crowd of 6000 when us and Sharks are close to full strength, as our last hitout before the season was pitiful.
The positive was our D, which restricted Sharks minus 3 starters for 60 minutes at least, to 1 try. But much still to work on in D.
The negatives are numerous.
First, our linespeed in D was non existent. Sharks had good linespeed throughout the whole contest. Are we fit enough?
Our attack will develop but was mostly bog average. Sharks able to nullify most raids easily.
I'd suggest Taafe and Sexton as halves, try Tracey at FB, with Burton and Critta in centres. JAC and either Kiraz/Wilson on wings.
Taafe can ballplay and both he and Sexton like to run more than Burton. Burton can still position himself on LHS for kicks.
Concerned with our size. There were times last few years we looked like pygmies compared to many teams. If we have Mahoney, Hutch, Mann, Morrin, Sexton, Taffe all on the field at the same time we will get steamrolled. This is going to be an issue and it's on Gus with all the utilities.
Thought Curran and the WGD were strong and enthusiastic.
A 5/8 Burton is not. Xerri will take time to find his feet.
We were up for the game and my fear is we would of lost confidence in our attack from that performance. Jason Taylor and Mick Potter need to come up with something more, or change personnel in the key positions until something clicks.
Who's going to see us take on the Eels to start our campaign?

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Went to the game which most here can't say.
Gus looked very grumpy. He must wonder what the #### he has to do to get drums on seats.
A crowd of 6000 when us and Sharks are close to full strength, as our last hitout before the season was pitiful.
The positive was our D, which restricted The Sharks minus 3 starters for 60 minutes at least, to 1 try. But much still to work on in D.
The negatives are numerous.
First, our linespeed in D was non existent. Sharks had good linespeed throughout the whole contest. Are we fit enough?
Our attack will develop but was mostly bog average. Sharks able to nullify most raids easily.
I'd suggest Taafe and Sexton as halves, try Tracey at FB, with Burton and Critta in centres. JAC and either Kiraz/Wilson on wings.
Which player impressed you the most and what did you make of Burtons involvement or lack of?