Credit where credits due!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow, what a fucking effort. I dont care how many storm players were missing, we totally outplayed melbourne, in melbourne. Something we havnt done in a long time!
Last week 90% of the kennel were bagging everyone from Gus, to Ciraldo, to every player on the team, based on one loss. And look at the turn around. Give yourselves an uppercut.
The past week has been miserable on the kennel forum, and just look at the players resolve tonight.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow, what a fucking effort. I dont care how many storm players were missing, we totally outplayed melbourne, in melbourne. Something we havnt done in a long time!
Last week 90% of the kennel were bagging everyone from Gus, to Ciraldo, to every player on the team, based on one loss. And look at the turn around. Give yourselves an uppercut.
The past week has been miserable on the kennel forum, and just look at the players resolve tonight.
I liked how when asked about whether there was belief in the team during the week CC turned the question over to Reed on the basis that he didn't stop believing for a second, and it was about the players.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way some fans have come out this week has been fucking disgraceful!! Rusted on fans completely giving up after one loss. What a joke.
Well don to the bulldogs on their epic win tonight!
Taking the team apart after one week was Absolutely unwarranted! The season goes forever and TK shit the bed after the first week. Tonight proved we are a resilient team, we need to back it up next week, which we will. Well done doggies!!!!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They go on about how many players Storm were missing. We have some big names out too.
Of course they do because they have to find a reason why an NRL powerhouse club got rolled by the competition “easy beats”

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a difference a week makes. After last week most fans were thinking it'd be another year of the same crap. After this week, everyone would be proud of their team again and be filled with optimism.

It again proves why people need to not overreact to one win or one loss.. It's a long season. We're in far better shape than we've been in for years. At least games like tonight show what potential we have when it eventually clicks. People need to remember that next time we have a bad loss.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Even with Storm missing 7 players (and NAS being injured during the game) I think this win in theory should do a lot for us (fact was we were pretty heavy underdogs anyways). If we lose to Tiger next week it was all for nothing.

I'm not sure if you're targeting people who were giving out criticism or being abusive (if abusive all good). I think fans being over positive is just as bad as fans being over negative (or at least it's a different supporting style - at the end of the day we all want what's best for the team). For me specifically I had ?'s with Perham at fullback who was very solid tonight (2 bad trials, 1 bad NRL game and now 1 good NRL game), Flanagan and Waddell in the side, which I still believe we'd be a much better team going with other options that we currently have, Brown starting at lock which Ciraldo back flipped on thankfully and lastly Burton being more dominant and playing both sides of the field which I think he can still improve more on. After tonight's game nothing changes for me. I wouldn't of mentioned these things after a win if it wasn't for this thread.

At the end of the day us fans should be wanting our team to be on the right path to being the best team in the competition as well as the best team we can be right now (which is when some of the above criticism comes into play).

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's great that the Dogs responded.....to the Kennels criticisms lol

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t see the game or hear the game but I get the impression we fucked Melbourne right up the shit shoot. Well done boys, enjoy the win. Let’s keep going.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn’t see the game or hear the game but I get the impression we fucked Melbourne right up the shit shoot. Well done boys, enjoy the win. Let’s keep going.
Bro you need to watch a replay asap..if you can
Very enjoyable! Knowing that they hung tough til the end even the nerve wracking period is good.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Taking the team apart after one week was Absolutely unwarranted! The season goes forever and TK shit the bed after the first week. Tonight proved we are a resilient team, we need to back it up next week, which we will. Well done doggies!!!!
Absolutely!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is the type of lead we would have blown on years gone by, good to see us hold on and win it
This was the type of lead we would never have had in the years gone by. We are a completely different team this year, we just needed to put it together.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There was even a sack Ciraldo thread last week. Classic kennel though sack this person, this player is “x”, next minute the “I’m sorry thread”

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t blame the vast majority of fans for spewing after Manly L, too much trauma last few years [emoji23]

But if we pulling receipts, I did say I was happy with CC picking an unchanged 17 to repay his faith

Worked a treat

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you forgot the effort of the far inferior squad in Melbourne under Dean Pay a few years ago, the game where Okenbore rumbled over Cameron Smith twice, we were up like 18-6 or something, the ref awarded I think Munster or Chambers a try because he had a hand put on him maybe by Reimis Smith and he took a dive when they were both going for the ball? We should've won that game, Melbournes squad was far superior to who they put on the field last night, and ours was far inferior to our squad last night.
Sure we didn't win, but the effort was there. Having beaten the Tigers the week earlier at Campbelltown, then our effort against the Storm, we all felt buoyed. Then the following week we got smashed by St George. The season turned south, despite the boys putting effort in under Pay most weeks.
I give credit whenever we turn up and put effort in, and play coherently.
Last week Manly scored bullshit tries, our attack looked better this week, against a very weak Melbourne squad.
Lets build on our win and continue to work on our cohesion and effort areas and we will be proud.