Craig Laundy Interview - Talks Signing Ciraldo, Burton & More

Malla

Reaction score
Remember when a certain media outlet was reporting that Laundy’s were going to pull their sponsorship because they were left in the dark about the Barrett sacking? Well this has proven what we knew that to be absolute nonsense.
Sounds like Gus and Laundy’s have been tuning Ciraldo for months even while Barrett was still at the Dogs.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What experience in coaching has Bobcat got? Has he coached lower grades?

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A lot of positives in the interview, just hope it all works out.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bobcat interview.

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bobcat will be a great addition to the team if true. He knows what it takes to win premierships,train the house down and don't take short cuts,pretty switched on too.IM EXCITED.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have copped some flack on here Laundy's but Gus gets the mentoring the players financials going we will be looking good.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes agree is a gamble... HOWEVER commenting in ways how you did previously actually hurts the club from a fan point of view. It breeds further negativity from other fans, which is what this club does not need... DOUBT... Be positive from all points of view and success will come as you BELIEVE.
Yeah on second thought. I was being negative as much as its "critical" . I guess sometimes the two get a bit muddy in my head.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 years for an unproven coach is huge gamble.
Wrong, yes it is a gamble but in business you have to take risks to get ahead. But its the smart businessmen that can take a look at the risk vs benefit and understand what you can do to mitigate the risk. I do not believe it is a huge risk because the cost to the club if it goes wrong is not that big. If we have to pay out some money to CC because it doesn't work out it will not be a big deal. so 3 years or 5 years makes no real difference to the club. However the 5 years may provide some stability for those looking at signing or resigning.

What it does do though is set expectations high, and along with the 10-15 years, but how is that a negative? If the Dogs want CC to be at the Club for 15 years because he continues to be successful how is that a negative.

What you are worried about is buying in and getting disappointed, only one sure way to stop that happening is not to look forward to anything and believe everything is a harbinger of doom.

I am choosing to be cautiously optimistic about what the next few years will bring.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought the same but Hughes was adamant he was a dogs supporter
Nah, I had managment rights to the bistro in one of his pubs a few years ago and chatted with him and Stu a few times. Arthur is a Balmain boy and ex Joeys. Some of his oldest pubs have always been in Bulldog territory and he has been involved with the players for more than 40 years so we are probably his 2nd team.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the interview to be a bit cringe tbph. The way he said they're thinking of their dad's legacy and the like came off a bit as they're in it for them. Obviously sponsors generally are, that's the main reason any company sponsors afterall, but yeah, just not sure about this guy/sponsor.

At the end of the day, they seem to have improved the club, so who can complain? Plenty of people have, about them sticking their noses in where it doesn't belong, but if it gets results, who cares? Do we get Burto or Ciraldo if not for their involvement? Who knows, but it obviously didn't hurt. There's nothing wrong with the attitude of wanting their company and the club to have synergy in a prosperous future.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd take his son's word over Hughes. Did you listen to the interview? His son (Craig I think?) said Arthur is a Tigers tragic and that he's the only Dogs supporter in the family.
yes mate thats why i quoted what he and tunks said. Said he has known for over 30 years and is a dogs supporter, the call said what bazildog said that he was a tigers supporter, i also thought that

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol true. Moneys not coming out of my pocket haha
This is exactly right at the end of the day.
I think the length of the contract is also a way of creating stability in the club, to help keep contracted players at the club, and to entice new ones. I trust that Gus has left no stone unturned in this process. Given he passed on other coaches such as Flanagan, and has also known Ciraldo since his time at the panthers, i trust his decision to appoint Ciraldo. Lets all just hope it works.

Expedite

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At least it is Craig, who is a very keen Canterbury supporter unlike his Dad who is a Tigers man or his Brother, former Bachelorette star Stu, who is a Roosters, Swans and Wallabies fan (say no more).
Nothing wrong with being a Swans and Wallabies fan! As for the Roosters, he can fuck right off. :p

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yes mate thats why i quoted what he and tunks said. Said he has known for over 30 years and is a dogs supporter, the call said what bazildog said that he was a tigers supporter, i also thought that
I thought Craig
was the Tigers man and Arthur was the Bulldog