Cowboys chasing Templeman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was brilliant in NYC. He's played a few games in NSW Cup and has struggled. Give him time and he may be brilliant or he may be average. Cut him off and we may have another Thurston situation.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
It cracks me up when people say but he plays crap in reserve grade. Kasiano was one of our worst players in reserve grade this year yet look at how he's played since he's been back in first grade. Players lift when they're motivated that they're in first grade and when surrounded by better players and coaches.
Kasiano had been there done that. There is a huge difference between playing poorly because you have no match fitness and are simply rusty and playing poorly because you can't handle playing against men instead of boys.

It cracks me up when people suggest that the way to motivate a player and make them play well is to give them a free pass into first grade. How is that going to motivate the other players looking for a crack?

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Cowboys stand in Fullback had a blinder on Saturday!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kasiano had been there done that. There is a huge difference between playing poorly because you have no match fitness and are simply rusty and playing poorly because you can't handle playing against men instead of boys.

It cracks me up when people suggest that the way to motivate a player and make them play well is to give them a free pass into first grade. How is that going to motivate the other players looking for a crack?
He's no where near ready for first grade. If it comes down to offering him a first grade position this year or losing him then we'd lose him. If it comes down to offering him a contract or lose him then I'd offer him a contract. He has potential and just 'cause he doesn't fire straight off the bat doesn't mean he never will.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A choice between grabbing an opportunity to get a regular FG start elsewhere and sooner, and staying put and developing into a better player in the long run (but perhaps playing reserves a bit longer). Tough one for him.

Cows wont win a premiership in the next 20 years, so he will spend his career wondering what if. Cows have had one of the best players in JT for some time now and fail to impress, what the F will they do when he leaves? They will be like the Sharks with no Gallen.

I guess its inevitable though. If you have a number of good players in the same position, its likely someone has to leave to play FG every week. Fact of life in NRL. Its why JT left, and many other players have left many other teams.

Im curious what would you do.....go for the quick rise to FG for an average team with no great mentor or development program, or be a reserve for a while for a club with the best coach and facilities, who will make you a better player later?

Status
Not open for further replies.