Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not so sure - i think they spent all their money on houses, utes and jetskis.
Yeah there has been some of that for sure.
A family member owns a kitchen business and he’s had a boom 18 months from those spending their holiday money on renovations but there’s still plenty of people keen on re-uniting with family/friends overseas as well as business travellers, students and inbound traffic to Australia. I don’t see a long ramp to get the industry moving again. Airlines are planning for and investing in the future. Qantas will have Project Sunrise back on the table before the end of 2021 for a 2024 start and I will be first in line to fly Sydney-New York non-stop and avoid the mortuary that is LAX. Actually, not that JFK is much better but the city is WAY better.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Thousands of NSW Health staff are yet to received their first Covid vaccination as the September 30 deadline fast approaches.
More than 13,000 NSW Health staff are yet to have their first jab.
My wife is a RN and didnt want it because of how many patients are having serious adverse reactions.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My wife is a RN and didnt want it because of how many patients are having serious adverse reactions.
What has she decided going forward?

There are a few at the aged care home I volunteer at that won't take it and are resigning :/

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You’re always pretty smug for a bloke that had to buy a wife but read the headline for starters. Kids aren’t forgotten. People are constantly complaining kids aren’t being allowed to return to school but of course the ABC make out kids are being FORCED to return to school without a vaccine. There is currently no vaccine for them. If there was the government would push it just as hard as they do for over 12s, well maybe not in your state
Either you have a pretty strong bias against the ABC, or you didn't read the article. It sets out very clearly that it was gathering feedback from relevant members of society to gauge where their thinking is at, which is what all media organisations do, and is a relevant activity that should be present in any functional democracy. It is not misleading as to the intent of the article or its sources.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Either you have a pretty strong bias against the ABC, or you didn't read the article. It sets out very clearly that it was gathering feedback from relevant members of society to gauge where their thinking is at, which is what all media organisations do, and is a relevant activity that should be present in any functional democracy. It is not misleading as to the intent of the article or its sources.
I don’t agree and can only imagine the type of people the parents of the kids “selected” would be

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t agree and can only imagine the type of people the parents of the kids “selected” would be
It says in the article how feedback and sources were gained. Pretty hard to make it much more open than what they did.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
What has she decided going forward?

There are a few at the aged care home I volunteer at that won't take it and are resigning :/
The 13000 nurses that havent had the the 1st jab are just the tip of the iceberg. Some have had the 1st jab and resigned because they dont want a 2nd or thereafter.
She has had the jab. Been a nurse for nearly 10 years and invested 10's of thousands of dollars and time for her education. She is halfway through another diploma so if she didnt comply would have to start another career from scratch and still have a $30000+ debt.
Going to lose alot of great nursing experience from this mandate and lives will be ruined. The same nurses who battled through when there was no vaccine

Well done Karens

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It says in the article how feedback and sources were gained. Pretty hard to make it much more open than what they did.
You believe the media let alone the ABC?
Do you call awaiting the results of clinical trials to prevent unnecessary harm to children forgetting about them? It’s a deliberately misleading headline and if you can’t see that I can’t help you sorry. The ABC take every opportunity possible to have a dig at the government

Status
Not open for further replies.