Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I recently posted an ABC article about children's concerns with the pandemic, primarily for the information of parents and grandparents on TK to help with any anxiety their kids may feel.

I have a 10 year old grand daughter who has expressed those concerns.

I guess they could feel the same as anyone of us would if they said "ok all of you have been approved but you Bulldogs fans have not been approved so can't take the so called miracle cure to stop Covid and give us our freedumbs back"....I'm exaggerating of course, but its the same principle...a section of our community excluded from the miracle cure all that is rammed into our heads daily.

These kids aren't stupid. They know the vax is not approved for under 12 yo and only in testing phase, yet strangely enough they are aware enough that they could be the vulnerable unvaxxed people the virus seeks out...as we are daily bombarded with this information...they kinda hear that too.

And they will no doubt be the only members of the household who are not vaccinated, including their 13yo and above siblings, which will make a proportion of them feel quite vulnerable and worried...wouldn't you?

The article raises the issues these kids are dealing with. Holidays are not their top priority at this stage.

Up to members on here to evaluate it and act in a responsible manner and absorb their kids fears and anxiety about this new phase of countering this pandemic.
Don't worry about old "swinging voter". The guy has already resorted to a racist and derogatory remark about how i met my wife and the mother of my children, something which most decent kennelers would think is poor form.

Of course kids have concerns, and during the pandemic, they appear to be the last ones to be heard. That's all the article was saying.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Resulting to piss-poor insults already (although smug is about as hard hitting as "lefty")? Reveals your true colours (again).

its obvious why you posted the comments you did and the timing of them. If you are going to magically find things that aren't there in an article just to confirm your own prejudices, Well, you keep doing you. I'll leave you to it.
Oh well, don’t be such a smartarse prick and pick your battles wiser.
What is obvious and what timing?
The ABC love misleading and people like you fall for it

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don't worry about old "swinging voter". The guy has already resorted to a racist and derogatory remark about how i met my wife and the mother of my children, something which most decent kennelers would think is poor form.

Of course kids have concerns, and during the pandemic, they appear to be the last ones to be heard. That's all the article was saying.
So sorry you have had that racist slur flung at you, your wife and your children. It must be very distressing.

I can't comment further on my personal opinion due to Mod rules but you can well imagine.

All so unnecessary.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh well, don’t be such a smartarse prick and pick your battles wiser.
What is obvious and what timing?
The ABC love misleading and people like you fall for it
It's MY fault that you said what you said? Gotcha.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's MY fault that you said what you said? Gotcha.
You know what you’ve been doing and directing towards me for a while now. You get some back and cry victim. Typical of you lefties.

Answer the question, what is obvious and what timing?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Besides Qantas, how many airlines are going to commit to Australia to pre-covid levels in the short term without any certainty on start dates?
Air Canada and Hawaiian Airlines are in and have flights on sale:
Of course it’s subject to change (dates) but most airlines are forecasting a sharp increase in demand when the borders open. Initially they might not be daily flights but they will ramp quickly. Fully vaxxed travellers only (at least initially). I also know from contacts that Emirates, Etihad, BA, American, United and Delta are all eyeing returns to Australia - at least Sydney and Melbourne to begin with. And Qantas won’t be afraid to shun Perth and fly Darwin-London non-stop if WA stays locked up. Qantas and Perth airport have a long standing disagreement on terminal use anyway so just another reason to look elsewhere:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You know what you’ve been doing and directing towards me for a while now. You get some back and cry victim. Typical of you lefties
Actually, i largely ignore you these days, despite your constant boorishness. The post history since you came back from your last ban will show that.

But keep trying to justify your pathetic "mail order bride" comment.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course it’s subject to change (dates) but most airlines are forecasting a sharp increase in demand when the borders open. Initially they might not be daily flights but they will ramp quickly. Fully vaxxed travellers only (at least initially). I also know from contacts that Emirates, Etihad, BA, American, United and Delta are all eyeing returns to Australia - at least Sydney and Melbourne to begin with. And Qantas won’t be afraid to shun Perth and fly Darwin-London non-stop if WA stays locked up. Qantas and Perth airport have a long standing disagreement on terminal use anyway sojust another reason to look elsewhere:

I think shutting our Perth will be a given in that regard. I was a little surprised Darwin wasn't thought of at the hub in the first place (back when Perth was originally chosen).

There are definitely airlines wanting to return, but it will still take some time to ramp up. Perhaps call it cautious optimism? I read recently Singapore Airlines (who I would likely be flying in my next international trip are going to scale back on pre covid levels once they recommence.

I wonder where this will leave low cost carriers?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course it’s subject to change (dates) but most airlines are forecasting a sharp increase in demand when the borders open. Initially they might not be daily flights but they will ramp quickly. Fully vaxxed travellers only (at least initially). I also know from contacts that Emirates, Etihad, BA, American, United and Delta are all eyeing returns to Australia - at least Sydney and Melbourne to begin with. And Qantas won’t be afraid to shun Perth and fly Darwin-London non-stop if WA stays locked up. Qantas and Perth airport have a long standing disagreement on terminal use anyway so just another reason to look elsewhere:

Don't forget they trialed syd to London non stop a bit back it will be one of the most in demand routes when up and going

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't forget they trialed syd to London non stop a bit back it will be one of the most in demand routes when up and going
I think its a nice theory - being able to fly non-stop halfway around the world, but do we really want to spend that long on a plane (in economy class that is)?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think its a nice theory - being able to fly non-stop halfway around the world, but do we really want to spend that long on a plane (in economy class that is)?
Not in economy...no!
Alan will give us Business at least lol

Have you ever done the non-stop to Dallas?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Actually, i largely ignore you these days, despite your constant boorishness. The post history since you came back from your last ban will show that.

But keep trying to justify your pathetic "mail order bride" comment.
You’re full of it and now crying racism.
I didn’t make any racist comment. I’ll ignore you like the mods politely asked me to do with wendogg and pedo teacher due to the amount of petty reports they were constantly getting

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not in economy...no!
Alan will give us Business at least lol

Have you ever done the non-stop to Dallas?
My sister has a few times as her Company (Pepsi) has its international HQ there. Some Mexican friends use it (or, used to use it) for their trips home.

The furthest i've done in one hit i think, would be Sydney to LA/SFO (as part of a 30 hour ordeal tot he BVI). About 13/14 hours from memory. You settle in, eat some food, watch a couple of movies, have a few drinks, and then go "shit, still 10 hours to go". i'm also not a plane sleeper. i envy those who can nod off anywhere.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think shutting our Perth will be a given in that regard. I was a little surprised Darwin wasn't thought of at the hub in the first place (back when Perth was originally chosen).

There are definitely airlines wanting to return, but it will still take some time to ramp up. Perhaps call it cautious optimism? I read recently Singapore Airlines (who I would likely be flying in my next international trip are going to scale back on pre covid levels once they recommence.

I wonder where this will leave low cost carriers?
One of the key reasons Perth was chosen initially is the large British and Irish population there. But Qantas quickly proved the flights to be extremely popular and non-reliant on Europeans visiting/going home. That’s not to say they aren’t part of the equation but the question of whether east coast Aussies would go to Perth to head to Europe was very quickly answered with a resounding YES. The flights were full every day and hence more expensive than via Singapore from the east coast. I took that flight twice and loved not having to get off in Asia or the MidEast and actually felt fresher arriving on the Old Dart that way, even after a 17 hour haul from Perth. LCC’s will be fine. Scoot will be among the first to re-enter, Jetstar are chomping at the bit and others will follow. And yes, Singapore just took their first A380 back from Alice Springs so it seems they’re getting ready too. Airlines are starved of cash and will be all guns blazing when given the nod. Covid fatigued vaxxed travellers will supply the demand and the cash. I forecast a significant return.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My sister has a few times as her Company (Pepsi) has its international HQ there. Some Mexican friends use it (or, used to use it) for their trips home.

The furthest i've done in one hit i think, would be Sydney to LA/SFO (as part of a 30 hour ordeal tot he BVI). About 13/14 hours from memory. You settle in, eat some food, watch a couple of movies, have a few drinks, and then go "shit, still 10 hours to go". i'm also not a plane sleeper. i envy those who can nod off anywhere.
I can't sleep on planes either and struggle. Yes 14 hours bad enough lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't sleep on planes either and struggle. Yes 14 hours bad enough lol
14 hours was bad. But then it was followed up with about 5 hour flight to Miami, then a few more hours to San Juan on a smaller plane, followed by a tiny puddle jumper that was probably banned from use in the US several years prior for the final bit. one of the main reasons why i cut my contract short was the ordeal in getting there (some serious first world problems right there).

Status
Not open for further replies.