• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the point of the masks if they do not prevent community transmissions? The number of people infectious in the community? But if they wear masks what is the point?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What is the point of the masks if they do not prevent community transmissions? The number of people infectious in the community? But if they wear masks what is the point?
They reduce transmission. Basically if you have a small room full of people then 80-100% of people could get the virus if one person is infected. If the infected person is wearing a mask then that drops to about 0%-60%

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Dude I don’t know if you are one of these guys thst have multiple accounts and think it’s funny because you are fooling us by trolling on different accounts but really mate people come here because they enjoy it some are probably stuck at home and this place is a bit of entertainment for them. I get it’s pretty entertaining when the trolls troll but mate come on the virus is real you can get sick from it masks help and get vaccinated when you can so we can all go to the pub again have a parmy and watch Canterbury get smashed by 60..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don’t love it because it’s absolutely disgusting to use these personal moments as tactics however I think it’s a good idea. Showing the last moments of a girl saying goodbye to her family on zoom might make people think nah I don’t want to ever experience anything like that I’ll just book in for the vaccine and get on with it…

Still would hate the ad even if it was approved by family as it’s a dirty tactic but never the less would understand the thinking..
Not sure about an ad :(...just when Ms Chant does her update may be a few details on the person's co-morbidity status (if their family approve).

People seem to dismiss the info and statistics by just saying " yeah but they were fat or they had diabetes or some other ailment" :( and talk as tho those people should expect to die or get hospitalised :(

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Col Naylor, Jimmy Rods etc all pretty much overcharge the same for a cut. When did barbers go so upmarket? I don't want a free bottle of water or video games,I just want a $25 hair cut ffs.
You rich? Lol

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That one minute fame guy that predicts the next days numbers of people that could potentially get very unwell because he was being leaked it then smirks when he gets it right was at the rally and got a fine… don’t want to say lol so I’ll say fucking ha ha ha ha ha ha
Yep the failed former footy player. For a self labelled comedian his material is not at all funny, before his one claim to fame of leaking covid numbers most of his material was borderline racist Tiktoks from Redfern

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Not sure about an ad :(...just when Ms Chant does her update may be a few details on the person's co-morbidity status (if their family approve).

People seem to dismiss the info and statistics by just saying " yeah but they were fat or they had diabetes or some other ailment" :( and talk as tho those people should expect to die or get hospitalised :(
I agree my Dad who I was saying was a close contact has a few health issues and is in his 70’s so what too bad it’s his fault he drunk too much piss after the last 7 years of watching the Bulldogs get smashed… But no all jokes aside exactly I feel the people on here that saying oh he had underling health issues are 18 year old pricks that haven’t ever lived outside of Mums house.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All good Wendog, I wasn't having a go at you by correcting you just with the amount of calls on here from people about misinformation and such, thought I would clarify things.
I switched over to ABC and their rolling tape is confirming your post...it says predicted 100k "IF" they dont get more vaxxed.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I
understand this, yet all the community transmissions? Why we flying off the handle if wearing mask is low risk?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude I don’t know if you are one of these guys thst have multiple accounts and think it’s funny because you are fooling us by trolling on different accounts but really mate people come here because they enjoy it some are probably stuck at home and this place is a bit of entertainment for them. I get it’s pretty entertaining when the trolls troll but mate come on the virus is real you can get sick from it masks help and get vaccinated when you can so we can all go to the pub again have a parmy and watch Canterbury get smashed by 60..
what is your point gain? I was making a real point.. despite the apparent low risk of people re wearing masks, we see all these community transmissions?

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As well as what others have said, another factor is that those infectious in the community some would be the type to not wear the masks while out. Not all as most would hopefully be doing the right thing but enough to keep the spread going

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They reduce transmission. Basically if you have a small room full of people then 80-100% of people could get the virus if one person is infected. If the infected person is wearing a mask then that drops to about 0%-60%
yeah agree and understand the risk reduction.. yet despite the masks and social distancing, people keep passing it on? No reduction in nsw despite mandate to wear masks, social distancing and half the economy shut down

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been done to death boost ,catch up
not really, the apparent low risk is t low risk?

if you watch a smoker you can see how far the smoke travels, no different to a breath exhaled, but with the use of masks seems to be high community transmissions still

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A female barber, ( is that Barbra or Barbress ) a y she owns a barber shop in Western Australia, she is also pregnant, she had a sign refusing to serve anyone who had the vaccination, she didn't want them in her shop.
She didn't want any harm to come to her baby by being close to someone who has been vaccinated.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t love it because it’s absolutely disgusting to use these personal moments as tactics however I think it’s a good idea. Showing the last moments of a girl saying goodbye to her family on zoom might make people think nah I don’t want to ever experience anything like that I’ll just book in for the vaccine and get on with it…

Still would hate the ad even if it was approved by family as it’s a dirty tactic but never the less would understand the thinking..
Unfortunately at this point most of the covid deniers are too far gone to be convinced about the severity of the situation. Most will probably claim she's an actor or float some other conspiracy, we are literally dealing with the biggest f***wits in society. A few weeks ago they interviewed a guy who have just come out of ICU after covid and mind you this guy is a well known Lebanese community member from belmore and the F***wits were accusing him of being a paid actor. I honestly believe most of these dumbarses could be hooked up to a ventilator themselves on the verge of death and still think it's a hoax

Status
Not open for further replies.