• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of case numbers, ICU and deaths, waiting for Mr 95%'s official update, but case numbers are around 20,000. It's probably too immature to say that we've peaked, but that's a bit of a good sign.

ICU and deaths on the other hand are very high.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep, pretty large factor. 2 doses reduces Omicron symptoms by around 40% (therefore also reducing infection by around 20%). A booster dose changes that to around 80% reduction in symptoms (which results in around 35% predicted reducing in transmission)

The interesting part about the booster though is that it reduces severe disease from Omicron by over 98% (up from 86% without booster). This is probably due to a number of factors including Omicron being less deadly.
Great thanks a lot for that. I’m still away and appreciate the update

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cases numbers pretty useless now ,as people would be getting shitted lining up hrs on end and cant find tests ,sure its a bit of a cluster fuck but it will pass . They should give notice and say by the end of feb we will no longer give numbers its now self managed . This is part of living with it. I had my morning laugh at nsw health twitter feed ,people are outraged theres no firgures to show what % have had boosters!!!! Who gives a fuck lol .
Exactly mate. Some people need a fucking life hey. Imagine spending your day getting outraged on Twitter and trawling through the ABC news site looking for depressing articles haha

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep, it's still an issue. Often it's impossible to say if the cause was Covid or not, and they'll generally blame Covid. It also becomes a problem when someone is about to die, they catch Covid, and it's possibly Covid that pushed them over the edge but if they didn't have the co-morbidity then they wouldn't have died, but it's classed as Covid as it was technically Covid that caused death.

It's like the old legal thought study about a man jumping off a building and someone shooting him on the way down.
That’s right and if you hit a telegraph pole doing 200kph but have covid haha.
I’m not sure if you remember our case but my relative was in a covid ward purely due to the large amounts of free beds in there but died of heart failure after a chronic condition. They were negative for covid but recorded as a covid death until I intervened

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly mate. Some people need a fucking life hey. Imagine spending your day getting outraged on Twitter and trawling through the ABC news site looking for depressing articles haha
I do look at nsw health twitter when i have a coffee occasionally just for a giggle , nsw seems to be getting a lot of hate not sure why as theres not much difference in other states cept WA who may get a bit of a shock when it rips through there . But i see no one what so ever offer a viable sollution .
Sure things could of been handled differently we still end up with the same results ,people need to accept sometimes you just got to ride it out.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can delta and omicron combine to make a super deadly, super contagious virus naturally, or can that only happen in a lab?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can delta and omicron combine to make a super deadly, super contagious virus naturally, or can that only happen in a lab?
Some dude reakons he "discovered" deltacrom and its being disputed as a mix up in the labs nothing more ,but i suspect news sites will milk the cow for everything its worth along with flurona.
Then wilkinson would stick her lego head in screaming " something " must be done before easter is ruined

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not exactly. Rather than two strains combining, instead one strain mutates to have similar aspects to other strains.

Deltacron strain has been going around the news and it's believed to be an error but still under investigation. But it's not a combination of both strains, its a new strain which has similar aspects of both strains.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Life is depressing enough as it is without deep diving the web for more of it. I'm over msm doom and gloom rhetoric. Nothing but pessimist!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some dude reakons he "discovered" deltacrom and its being disputed as a mix up in the labs nothing more ,but i suspect news sites will milk the cow for everything its worth along with flurona.
Then wilkinson would stick her lego head in screaming " something " must be done before easter is ruined
Somehow she would find a way to blame it on men.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not exactly. Rather than two strains combining, instead one strain mutates to have similar aspects to other strains.

Deltacron strain has been going around the news and it's believed to be an error but still under investigation. But it's not a combination of both strains, its a new strain which has similar aspects of both strains.
Strain my balls!!

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahh ok. What’s the figure for omicron?
Not sure the actual figure but wouldnt surprise me if its very low or vaccines dont do anything to curb its spread. The evidence is global.

Thats not to be confused with vaccines being ineffective. They play a part in reducing severity of illness - but not for Omikron spread. I have my doubts the boosters do anything for the spread also. This is purely my take on the basis that they were also developed after Omikron.

Omikron is so multifaceted in its mutations that i dont think anything we have to date can stop it. You just have to survive it.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely covid case numbers are irrelevant by now? We’ve been shown almost 50% of hospital admissions are caused by other factors such as broken bones & mental health and patients just happen to have covid when they are admitted so we should just look at ICU numbers and deaths ACTUALLY caused by covid. Even those numbers should be broken down further with vaccination status, underlying health conditions and age.

Tony Windsor is the joke that keeps on giving :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
So true.
In fact Dr Chant seems to focus on these hospital, ICU and ventilator numbers first and foremost and then casually mentions the overall testing rates. And thats how it should be.

I also agree that its time they mentioned exactly what underlying health condition anyone below 50 dies from. Its important.

They dont have to go into details, just say if its resporatory, heart, cancer, or other serious condition.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
So. Your average blue collar joe, who test positive on a RAT test, is going to self report putting himself into isolation for 7days, missing out on work if he is notsymptomatic (esp if self employed).

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Yeah nah I won’t be..

Last edited:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is just a knee jerk strategy implemented.

3days sick. Tested negative. Yesterday feeling 100%, tested positive. Today tested negative again but i still have to isolate until next Sunday because of that one positive test. Fml.
This could be a good thing....
If the medics / scientists realise that people are testing positive one day and negative the next, they might scrap testing altogether and it will be up to the individual to monitor their illness and go to hospital for extra care if needed.

Much like every other illness really.

#FinallyLivingWithTheVirus

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Not a hope in hell and why should some really , for example old mate mowing lawns who has minimal contact with customers if any ,why have a week of when theres no need. People will want to go to work cept school teachers who will milk it for everything its worth
And government workers I know a chick in Transport planning that has worked from home for two and a half years and is only 30’s is triple vaxxed but her department has negotiated another 3 months working from home due to the spike. She couldn’t hide the glee. Half the time she is at a cafe or the beach and is like a level 8 which means she is on $150,000 or more plus all benefits. Massive rort.

Also annual leave paid with loading. She had a nifty 3 weeks off two weeks before Christmas traveled all up the coast (because she is obviously scared of Covid) then had two and a half weeks thst is mandatory at Christmas.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly and your family are considered close contacts and must stay home for a week unless they are emergency workers or truck drivers delivering food. This over the top shit needs to change
The rule should be isolate if you have covid until you are symptom free. Family members are exempt from iso unless they also fall ill. Until then, its business as usual.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And government workers I know a chick in Transport planning that has worked from home for two and a half years and is only 30’s is triple vaxxed but her department has negotiated another 3 months working from home due to the spike. She couldn’t hide the glee. Half the time she is at a cafe or the beach and is like a level 8 which means she is on $150,000 or more plus all benefits. Massive rort.
Transport planning!
Biggest criminals in this society.

There should be a Royal Commission on their practices..... they get more things wrong than a politician trying to fight covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.