Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What will be the easiest countries to get in around march april next year???? Hitting japan in april seems less likley so plan b fuck of for a week or so then plan other trip later

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What will be the easiest countries to get in around march april next year???? Hitting japan in april seems less likley so plan b fuck of for a week or so then plan other trip later
April is still fair way off. You would think most of the world will be available, but the uncertainty is still a pain in the arse.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fear mongering by the media at its finest. Doom and gloom is their forte. The media is half the reason why there is such a divide between people and their views in this country.
Journalism is very poor in Australia.
Equate it to the way the Bulldogs are treated by DT and sensationalism sells.

Good analyses of what the current state of Covid is worldwide, certainly won't be found in DT etc.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
April is still fair way off. You would think most of the world will be available, but the uncertainty is still a pain in the arse.
Aye certain countries are not giving any indications what so ever as to when they might open ,keep trying to get something rolling for the oldest one ,and it turns to shit.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Aye certain countries are not giving any indications what so ever as to when they might open ,keep trying to get something rolling for the oldest one ,and it turns to shit.
These days we need to check the cancellation policies on everything, but even if you get your money back or credit etc, its still sucks and blows, especially if you have to take annual leave etc.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Also I guess a lot of people, perhaps the ones not going to bars, are concerned that this new variant will go like the 4 month lock down you guys just had. That started with one driver in Bondi and went crazy.

The public, in general, are wary of that happening again so of course the media are happy to feed the alarmist angle...it happens with every single issue you can think of and not surprising really. It sells papers and TV slots.

You can be measured with your response to a new uncertain variant in light of the recent 4 month lockdown and try to independently inform yourself of facts, or keep your head in the sand, or panic and fall for it.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
These days we need to check the cancellation policies on everything, but even if you get your money back or credit etc, its still sucks and blows, especially if you have to take annual leave etc.
Our $7500 still floating around in a travel company's account. Our latest trip on Indian Pacific now cancelled so rescheduled for 4th time to May. Just got to cross fingers WA let the train operate by then.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes I know Southy but just thought NZ would be the safest option as we seem to be in step together with travel policies to deal with this. Maybe Singapore also?
Aye singapore might be worth having a look around

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t want to jinx you mate but I honestly think you’ll be fine for Japan in January or February at the latest. Their vaccination rate is pretty decent too

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t want to jinx you mate but I honestly think you’ll be fine for Japan in January or February at the latest. Their vaccination rate is pretty decent too
Aye they slamed boarders shut to everyone for a month ,then they will beging the process getting their own home, students , buisness then tourism.i honestly think april would be really cutting it . If i bump it to oct. Thens i can maybe squeeze another country in march april its win win plus i think the mrs would he happy seeing me gone for a while .

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Aye singapore might be worth having a look around
For sure. When choosing a travel spot these days, part of the consideration is the way the destination Govt is handling the pandemic I reckon :grinning:

If it's just a go for it open policy there's much more chance of you catching Covid, or our country closing borders to you returning and all the hassles associated with those issues. Its fine to say don't worry about it, but you don't know what's happening down the track with new variants etc that can really stuff up your plans.
Singapore and NZ seem the safer bets at present for long term hols bc you can feel somewhat assured they have sound policies...but realisticly its all a bloody lottery till there is a 100% cure or it dies out but thats a while off they say.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Aye they slamed boarders shut to everyone for a month ,then they will beging the process getting their own home, students , buisness then tourism.i honestly think april would be really cutting it . If i bump it to oct. Thens i can maybe squeeze another country in march april its win win plus i think the mrs would he happy seeing me gone for a while .
Fair enough. I do some business in NZ and am avoiding booking there for as long as possible. That communist is too unpredictable.
Maybe just monitor things for a month or so. The experts were saying we wouldn’t be overseas until 2023-24 and they’ve been proven wrong already

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Journalism is very poor in Australia.
Equate it to the way the Bulldogs are treated by DT and sensationalism sells.

Good analyses of what the current state of Covid is worldwide, certainly won't be found in DT etc.
Could be worse. Could be US media. Or Chinese media where Tiananmen Square never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.