• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And what's that got to do with the price of fish?

There's a simple fact of vaccine hesitancy within this nation, no matter which state you go to, people prefer Pfizer. The booking stats of Pfizer vs AZ across all states shows that the lack of Pfizer supply is the big hold up in getting the country vaccinated. I'm not commenting on whether it's the right mindset to prefer Pfizer over AZ or vice versa, but it's a simple fact that that vaccine hesitancy exists within the general population across all states (had no idea Dr Young was so influential over the whole country)

In fact it's Victoria that's been doing the "heavy lifting" with AstraZeneca, their AZ stats far outweigh any other state.

Given all of the above FACTS, my post was in response to sotuh of heaven saying that WA and QLD haven't been doing their fair share. They have been, their Pfizer allocations are booked out, if they had more supply they would have more people vaccinated. They have the same problem of vaccine hesitancy (doubt about AZ side effects) that the rest of the nation has and in line with the rest of the nations (except Victoria) stats. But now this narrative is being created by certain politicians and certain media outlets, that they aren't pulling their weight, when that is just patently false.

I thought we wanted this pandemic to go through without the political BS spin? So then why are we accommodating of this particular political BS spin?
Bro.. I am teasing you. You know like your flip flop humor. Just because its the Covid thread doesn't mean we cant take the piss especially with all the gloom and doom. I wasnt getting into your argument at all, just slinging shit from the sidelines. On the Covid topic, Its interesting that NSW population is only about 15% bigger than Victoria and yet we are testing around 120,000 per day compared to 40,000 odd that Vic are. Victoria are showing around 250 cases per day but if they were testing in a comparative ratio to NSW their daily infected figures could be double what they are declaring. I actually fear that Victoria is about to explode…

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro.. I am teasing you. You know like your flip flop humor. Just because its the Covid thread doesn't mean we cant take the piss especially with all the gloom and doom. I wasnt getting into your argument at all, just slinging shit from the sidelines. On the Covid topic, Its interesting that NSW population is only about 15% bigger than Victoria and yet we are testing around 120,000 per day compared to 40,000 odd that Vic are. Victoria are showing around 250 cases per day but if they were testing in a comparative ratio to NSW their daily infected figures could be double what they are declaring. I actually fear that Victoria is about to explode…
Well it's your bloody fault. Your comment was too bland to tell if it was a joke or not. Go stare at Barrett's abs

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
On the Covid topic, Its interesting that NSW population is only about 15% bigger than Victoria and yet we are testing around 120,000 per day compared to 40,000 odd that Vic are. Victoria are showing around 250 cases per day but if they were testing in a comparative ratio to NSW their daily infected figures could be double what they are declaring. I actually fear that Victoria is about to explode…
NSW and Vic will "learn to live with it" (we're actually already living with it) and I can understand why other states are not looking to open up to us anytime soon. They need their population vaccinated which is no where near NSW or Vic's stats and the longer they're locked up the longer they have to get even greater vaccination stats.

I guess the big contentious point is that 70-80% of the eligible population only reflects as 50 -60% of the actual population and as I understand, the doherty model hasn't really taken into account deltas effect on those under the age of 16, as the data for delta wasn't there to be included into the doherty model, ie I believe it's modelled on the effects of rhe alpha strain.

There are of course other points of the doherty model, such as contact tracing being under control, that are clearly no longer the case in NSW. So questions are being asked if we've got the model right.

And then to make these talking points even more unreasonable there's political bickering happening which was clearly started by morrisson and hunt. There was no need for this to be played out publicly but they did.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok, how about pack up your Lada Niva, your Putin Babushka dolls, Kim Jong signed poster and fuck off to Commie land (WA, QLD). ???
Commie land is in Victoria under our great saviour Dictator Dan!!!

Get it right you great unwashed, hard yakka, school of hard knocks!

And don't ever leave out LENIN!!!!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I didn’t need to read anything.
A Trump Superman style tattoo?
‘Nuff said :-).
You didn't miss much. TLDR; I'll accept I was wrong if I die. [Dying] I'm still not wrong.

Goes to show that with some people you simply can't prove anything to them. The world has drunk way too much of the post-modernism.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NSW and Vic will "learn to live with it" (we're actually already living with it) and I can understand why other states are not looking to open up to us anytime soon. They need their population vaccinated which is no where near NSW or Vic's stats and the longer they're locked up the longer they have to get even greater vaccination stats.

I guess the big contentious point is that 70-80% of the eligible population only reflects as 50 -60% of the actual population and as I understand, the doherty model hasn't really taken into account deltas effect on those under the age of 16, as the data for delta wasn't there to be included into the doherty model, ie I believe it's modelled on the effects of rhe alpha strain.

There are of course other points of the doherty model, such as contact tracing being under control, that are clearly no longer the case in NSW. So questions are being asked if we've got the model right.

And then to make these talking points even more unreasonable there's political bickering happening which was clearly started by morrisson and hunt. There was no need for this to be played out publicly but they did.
There is no play book for this shit show which is why mistakes from State and Federal have been made as we have gone along. Smartass reporters like vultures circle at every press conference, armed with wonderful hindsight to load their interview guns looking to win as Walkley with every question. Has Gladys made mistakes, yep. Has Morrison made mistakes, yep. But so have Andrews, Palaszczuk and Voldemort from the weird side of Aus.

All bullshit and history aside the lot of them have to read from the one book about what's required and when it should happen. I am sick to death of hearing he said she said they did we didn't crap. Just fucking get it done so we don't all die or go broke or both.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There is no play book for this shit show which is why mistakes from State and Federal have been made as we have gone along. Smartass reporters like vultures circle at every press conference, armed with wonderful hindsight to load their interview guns looking to win as Walkley with every question. Has Gladys made mistakes, yep. Has Morrison made mistakes, yep. But so have Andrews, Palaszczuk and Voldemort from the weird side of Aus.

All bullshit and history aside the lot of them have to read from the one book about what's required and when it should happen. I am sick to death of hearing he said she said they did we didn't crap. Just fucking get it done so we don't all die or go broke or both.
Of course they've all made mistakes. Some have been mistakes that can be considered reasonable (given that there is no playbook) and some have been mistakes which can be considered unreasonable. I just don't like the political lobbying that is going on. I can accept giving back as good as you get, it's the initial hand grenade for no justifiable reason I can't accept.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s doing with south west and western Sydney… why are they so slow to get vaccinated? They have so many vaccines available and appointments for weeks yet they are still lagging

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What’s doing with south west and western Sydney… why are they so slow to get vaccinated? They have so many vaccines available and appointments for weeks yet they are still lagging
They must have originally come from Qld and Vic? :grinning:

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep and have even had vaccines taken off other areas to accommodate them. It’s not just a small difference in vaccination rates but was 40% less last week! I’m not sure how many people need to die for people to take it seriously.
As long as no one claims discrimination when NSW opens up next month.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you taken into account the waiting period? I'd probably look at the first dose stats to gather an understanding of the vaccine hesitancy or lag of vaccine take up because the 3 to 8 week waiting periods (depending on the vaccine) could be a reason for a drop off in vaccine stats in those areas.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having a look , first dose seems to be fine overall in those LGAs 2nd dose lagging other areas but I think it’s more due to government extending time between doses to get as many vaxxed up initially to be partly protected

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Having a look , first dose seems to be fine overall in those LGAs 2nd dose lagging other areas but I think it’s more due to government extending time between doses to get as many vaxxed up initially to be partly protected

Yep, within Sydney it's Eastern Suburbs and Inner City showing a low 1st dose percentage

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have you taken into account the waiting period? I'd probably look at the first dose stats to gather an understanding of the vaccine hesitancy or lag of vaccine take up because the 3 to 8 week waiting periods (depending on the vaccine) could be a reason for a drop off in vaccine stats in those areas.
I’ve taken into consideration everything and the fact is that the area has had so much Pfizer available to everyone, and so much AstraZeneca available to everyone, there is so much availability in appointments, yet they are behind in first dose and second dose? North Sydney, south Sydney, these areas haven’t had the access that the south west and western suburbs have had, yet still eclipse those areas in first and second doses

Status
Not open for further replies.