Status
Not open for further replies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hell they are cheating it now when we do have lockdown,imagine when they get a sniff of freedom they'll take the proverbial mile.Then we will have all the whingeing and whining about policing the eased restrictions ..

We can't stay in lock down forever, but things will have to be opened up sensibly and the public need to accept what those easings are and when they occur.
Definitely. I hope the penalties are actually serious because clearly giving monetary fines to activists and dole bludgers who will never pay them doesn’t work and never will

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’ve been fully vaxxed for a couple of months now and apart from a slight sore arm for an hour or two l it was nothing at all. Even the needle they use is tiny. You’ll all be fine. Even though there isn’t any incentives yet it does make me feel better that the risks of me catching & spreading it are drastically reduced

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure they would be striking over workplace pay and conditions. Nothing medical related
Nar the busted ass in the clip mentions pfizer being poison. Another truckie posted a video saying the protest is about vaccines.

There is a toll pay strike this Friday related to pay. The covid one is 31 Aug

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also hate how people are being encouraged to get the second Vax sooner to help boost the numbers so we can get out of lockdown earlier but it will make the vaccine less effective. Which will just lead to more cases in the long run.

That's why I wanted to wait for Pfizer. Because it was only a 4 week turnaround for the 2nd jab as opposed to the recommended 8 for AZ..

If I'm getting the vaccine I want it to be as effective as possible. I think it's negligent from the health officials to recommend that we get the second Vax earlier when it's then less effective. It defeats the purpose of taking it in the first place.
Missus had Pfizer 6 weeks ago it was 3 weeks between jabs

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously though …. Try a needle in your eyelid …. Fmd that’s some fucked up shit
Needle in eyeball is fun, got a splinter in my eye once and pushed the **** into the eyeball, drs trying to get it out with a Needle told me to stop blinking and moving, I says let me jab you're eyeball with a fucking Needle and see if you don't move.
They drugged the living fuck out of me I was to wasted to react when the prodded took em 5 second

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I will admit, I have been hesitant about getting vaccinated but I am booked in for the 31st of this month.

My question is, I'm not sure what vaccine I am going to be given as both are going to be available but won't know until I turn up. I'm almost 40 with no underlying conditions and from reports Pfizer is recommended for 39 and under but has anyone here in that age bracket had the AstraZeneca?
My niece is 40 and nephew 38 and they both opted to have AZ instead of waiting for Pfizer. Like others on here, they both had sore arms for some time and that was it.
Jabbed and straight back to work!

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nar the busted ass in the clip mentions pfizer being poison. Another truckie posted a video saying the protest is about vaccines.

There is a toll pay strike this Friday related to pay. The covid one is 31 Aug
Yeah right. Was unaware mate. Striking for pay and conditions I get. Striking about vaccines I can’t see getting public support. Which is a big factor in industrial action.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Aye it should be good just I get massive panic attacks when I know I'm going to get a needle, most times I get a shot I end up unconscious on the surgery floor ,I work myself up to much lol. I thought this one though though I got vallium from the doc last week just for this, my biggest problem is getting is just shutting my brain down for the next 24hrs , I know it's all in my head just can't tell my fucking retarded brain that .
Have some beers beforehand. Go in all staunch and shit

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a vaccinated pro (I’m double dosed Pfizer), here are my tips

try book early in the day, they fall behind as the days goes and your appointment time is a loose approximation. Last night they were running 2 hours behind.

don’t get too disoriented when seeing ridiculous lines. They generally group people with appointments together and prioritise.

for both jabs the nurse grabbed a bigger needle for me, thicker. I asked why and she says because I have big arms with muscle she wanted a thicker needle. I’m still not sure why but both times they did it, the dose does not change

both dose 1 & 2 are identical. I thought dose 1 was the lite version but no it’s identical

everyone has different side effects but I’ve noticed so far, pain in the arm, bit light headed, slight fever and chills. Don’t feel too bad but anything strenuous and the body hurts.

I had 2 nurofens ore jab both times to help with any side effects or inflammation.

you need to wait 15 mins for first jab but for some reason I had to wait 20 mins for dose 2

I wouldn’t plan on much for next 2-3 days after jab, feel a little run down, lazy. Body hurts if you try do exercise

I personally don’t know anyone who has tested positive or died from covid but you hear it, we should assume we are not bullet proof to this.. some girl in her 30s died today of covid.

I personally don’t think it’s a good idea to put this vaccination in your system, but I see it as the lesser of the evils, catching covid could be catastrophic for yourself or worse someone close you pass it onto. The vaccine would be like a bad storm but catching the virus could be an earthquake under your bed.

try get out and get jabbed and hopefully we can back to life soon.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I going tomorrow 230pm ,shitting myself due to having a massive fear of needless and anxiety but shit happens
I didnt even see a needle and barely felt it.
I joked with the doctor whilst her lacky did it both occasions, I dont like needles either so I just didnt think about it.
Had the second jab yesturday. Woke up with a dead arm today though but Ive spoken to many and it seems to be common next day.
I was hoping to wake up with edward scissor hand but unfortunetly not the case.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’ve been fully vaxxed for a couple of months now and apart from a slight sore arm for an hour or two l it was nothing at all. Even the needle they use is tiny. You’ll all be fine. Even though there isn’t any incentives yet it does make me feel better that the risks of me catching & spreading it are drastically reduced
Exactly my experience also

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I'm 38 and had the Pfizer on Saturday. Had a sore arm for two days and was fine then yesterday had a cough and minor fever but was fine again last night and today.

My mate is the same age and had the AZ and was sore and sick for a few days and didn't get much sleep but was fine after that..

But from what I've heard from others who have had both, the symptoms vary from person to person. Either way, there's nothing to worry too much about and if you do have symptoms, they're not too severe or long lasting.
Was your friend that sick that he couldn't go to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.