• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also, apparently the husband confirmed that his wife died of Covid and he said that it was very quick to come on.

Hopefully he gets help.

It also sounds like the son caught it from the mother, not the other way around.
It is feasible that she had COVID + died of a heart attack.

How does coronavirus (COVID-19) affect the heart?
It causes an acute myocarditis and acute inflammation of the heart and it causes acute injury to the heart muscle so the heart doesn't function as well.

What advice do I have for people who currently have a heart condition or cardiovascular disease?
I would advise them to take every precaution they can to see if they can minimise the chances of contracting the virus and that is to stay away from crowds. To try and keep a distance of at least a six to 10 feet from other people. To wash their hands regularly. It may sound unpleasant, but to put the toilet seat down before you flush it, because it can be spread in faeces and to try and minimise their contact with other people.

The reality is that probably 60 to 70% of people are going to contract coronavirus in most of those and 80% of them it's going to be a mild disorder. But if you have underlying heart disease, you're at increased risk of running into problems. So you want to try and be in that group of people who don't get it. The best thing to do is to be as cautious as you can to reduce your chances of getting the virus.

Source = the Victor Chang Institute

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There's also the reports on the news yesterday where the father allegedly was quotes confirming he had covid as well. And if both brothers were negative how did Covid get to they guy in Blayney?

I have no skin in the game so it doesbn't realyl bother me either way, but either there is some sort of conspiracy going on, or the Sydney Iraqi grapevine isn't particularly reliable, or perhaps something in between?.
I think there's a lot of miscommunication due to the language barrier and the emotional distress.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
QLD border is closing to NSW. Whilst its not a surprise its still bloody annoying.

I guessed something was up when the airline cancelled my flight scheduled for Saturday last night.
Not good.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Guess it comes down to whether we trust the news as their truth track record isn't great. With Covid they seem to run with whatever the government say.

I saw a gofundme page set up by the limo driver's son who disputed many of the claims in the press conferences and media particularly around not having taken regular tests, not following Covid protocols and not wearing masks. He also said the driver spent an afternoon with his family including kissing and cuddling them supposedlywhile infectious and none of them got Covid.
Whilst unusual its not entirely impossible to not spread it with contact. Conjunctivitis, which is extremely contagious, had jut gone through my family, an i am unaffected, despite my almost 1 year old's habit of sneezing on me, and putting her fingers in my mouth after her own.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not good.
No. I'm seething about a second cancelled trip and having to again reschedule meetings both external and with my staff, but Mrs CD keeps telling me there are people worse off he own best friend is stuck in NZ after their flights to Melbourne were cancelled. Plus i know many are missing important events, seeing dying relatives etc etc.

I'm really over this covid malarkey. Being vaccinated i think only makes me more annoyed!

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst unusual its not entirely impossible to not spread it with contact. Conjunctivitis, which is extremely contagious, had jut gone through my family, an i am unaffected, despite my almost 1 year old's habit of sneezing on me, and putting her fingers in my mouth after her own.
I bet she hated getting the Chlorig drops put in as well - kids + medicine = parental pain x 10

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It is feasible that she had COVID + died of a heart attack.

How does coronavirus (COVID-19) affect the heart?
It causes an acute myocarditis and acute inflammation of the heart and it causes acute injury to the heart muscle so the heart doesn't function as well.

What advice do I have for people who currently have a heart condition or cardiovascular disease?
I would advise them to take every precaution they can to see if they can minimise the chances of contracting the virus and that is to stay away from crowds. To try and keep a distance of at least a six to 10 feet from other people. To wash their hands regularly. It may sound unpleasant, but to put the toilet seat down before you flush it, because it can be spread in faeces and to try and minimise their contact with other people.

The reality is that probably 60 to 70% of people are going to contract coronavirus in most of those and 80% of them it's going to be a mild disorder. But if you have underlying heart disease, you're at increased risk of running into problems. So you want to try and be in that group of people who don't get it. The best thing to do is to be as cautious as you can to reduce your chances of getting the virus.

Source = the Victor Chang Institute
Yep. Completely plausible.

Like most diseases, Covid-19 weakens the immune system. So even if it doesn't affect your heart directly, if your boy is busy trying to fight off infection and you already have a weak heart then it's not going to go well.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They just gave an LGA breakdown, seems to be mostly fairfield, bankstown, lakemba, liverpool. The other area being georges river with 7.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. I'm seething about a second cancelled trip and having to again reschedule meetings both external and with my staff, but Mrs CD keeps telling me there are people worse off he own best friend is stuck in NZ after their flights to Melbourne were cancelled. Plus i know many are missing important events, seeing dying relatives etc etc.

I'm really over this covid malarkey. Being vaccinated i think only makes me more annoyed!
Yeah agreed, such interruption makes it hard to plan ahead, you can only be so agile. I've told my wife let's just not book any more interstate trips or holidays too far ahead as the stress of losing money or rescheduling is just not worth it atm.

Horrible re funerals etc and even hospital visits with people not able to visit loved ones. We've had that a few times already.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah agreed, such interruption makes it hard to plan ahead, you can only be so agile. I've told my wife let's just not book any more interstate trips or holidays too far ahead as the stress of losing money or rescheduling is just not worth it atm.

Horrible re funerals etc and even hospital visits with people not anle to visit loved ones. We've had that a few times already.
I look back and see it almost fortunate that my father passed away in February last year, which was earlier than expected. If he had held until say, April, it could have very well just been my mother there, instead of the couple hundred who turned up in support. I'm a little grateful for that.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I look back and see it almost fortunate that my father passed away in February last year, which was earlier than expected. If he had held until say, April, it could have very well just been my mother there, instead of the couple hundred who turned up in support. I'm a little grateful for that.
Yeah even with such a sad event, it's nice to hear he got the send off he deserved.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gladys has still been very vague on what it'll look like after July 31. She said that there will still be restrictions in place after July 31 but not sure what they'll be at this stage and won't know until Wednesday/Thursday next week.

She also hinted that unless the "infectious in the community" number gets very low, then restrictions aren't going to lift.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you want to use "medical exemption" for a mask. Looks like you'll need to produce actual medical evidence of that

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
And she also said that we will have restrictions until such time the vast majority of the population is vaccinated.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I bet she hated getting the Chlorig drops put in as well - kids + medicine = parental pain x 10
Yeah, my 3 year old took it in his stride, but the baby, not so much.

Touch wood, it hasn't got to me yet.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And she also said that we will have restrictions until such time the vast majority of the population is vaccinated.
Did she give any definition as to what she meant by restrictions? It has been said before that some sort of COVID restrictions will be in place until that time, even if its just some mostly ignored QR stuff and a masks on Public transport...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did she give any definition as to what she meant by restrictions? It has been said before that some sort of COVID restrictions will be in place until that time, even if its just some mostly ignored QR stuff and a masks on Public transport...
Nah. Very vague. She was questioned more about it but she said that we just won't know until around this time next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.