• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s because it’s a once in a hundred year pandemic. This time last year there was much unknown. Doesn’t make it fake. It’s fine to question, but not openly spread misinformation without evidence - that’s wrong.
Fair enough, was there ever a time in the last year where certain advice or information or guidelines that didn’t seem to make full sense to you? Just curious

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
In regards to COVID, in all honesty i just felt that certain things were not making sense , even when it began I wasn’t like this until certain information and advice didn’t seem to make full sense so I thought maybe something wasn’t right
What don't you understand mate? We might also not understand those same aspects, or we might have read something you haven't and vice versa.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What don't you understand mate? We might also not understand those same aspects, or we might have read something you haven't and vice versa.

I guess it was the contradictions on lockdown laws and what you can and can’t do

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In regards to COVID, in all honesty i just felt that certain things were not making sense , even when it began I wasn’t like this until certain information and advice didn’t seem to make full sense so I thought maybe something wasn’t right
still so much about covid doesn't make sense at all scientists and drs are still and will work on it for the next 20 years, why doesn't affect some people at all ,why does it put a fit healthy person in intensive care for months then they die,( yeah it seems to smash old people harder but still)
Why are people having long term affects the end of the day it's sat the world on its arse.if absolutely nothing was done no boarder shut no restrictions it could of been a lot worse.
I think because we haven't in Australia seen it rip through places and smash hospitals we sort of go is it really that bad and the mind drifts off or whatever.
The end of the day I wish the fucking thing never existed and people were arguing over what's the best holiday destination

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Questioning things is fine. I encourage people to question everything. But questions suggest that you're looking for answers to those questions.

You're not looking for answers. You're making statements. You're telling everyone that you are right and any answers to the contrary are wrong. Including any answers that come from the vast majority of experts.

I encourage you to question everything. But only if you want answers.
On the statements it was my bad, I think I was just passionate lol, I think I’ve just lost faith in the mainstream outlets and any alternative media is welcome

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
still so much about covid doesn't make sense at all scientists and drs are still and will work on it for the next 20 years, why doesn't affect some people at all ,why does it put a fit healthy person in intensive care for months then they die,( yeah it seems to smash old people harder but still)
Why are people having long term affects the end of the day it's sat the world on its arse.if absolutely nothing was done no boarder shut no restrictions it could of been a lot worse.
I think because we haven't in Australia seen it rip through places and smash hospitals we sort of go is it really that bad and the mind drifts off or whatever.
The end of the day I wish the fucking thing never existed and people were arguing over what's the best holiday destination
yes we all need a fuckn break

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair enough, was there ever a time in the last year where certain advice or information or guidelines that didn’t seem to make full sense to you? Just curious
That's fair some of our restrictions and rules leave you scratching your head ,I don't understand why after no local cases in 30 odd days people need to wear masks on public transport, and as stupid as it is ill fucking do it to do whatever in hope of travelling sooner. But now I think winter ruled last year flu in Australia was almost nothing colds never got one

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess it was the contradictions on lockdown laws and what you can and can’t do
Yep. The whole thing with lockdowns were that they were a bit of a mess. And still are. They vary depending on which government is enforcing it.

If anything that should be evidence that there is no global conspiracy. Every government is doing something different and they're all generally screwing it up, because governments are incompetent.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
On the statements it was my bad, I think I was just passionate lol, I think I’ve just lost faith in the mainstream outlets and any alternative media is welcome
Won't argue with that. The media is getting worse every day. Definitely more bias. But they don't blatantly lie and they're not all working together which should be evident by how much they argue with each other.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Don't pay attention to any Murdoch media. Theyre filled with bullshit
2. When covid first happened some preferred lockdown and some preferred herd immunity. There wasn't enough scientific data, at that time, to determine which method was best. Since then Sweden, who tried herd immunity, admitted their mistake and that they should have utilised lockdowns in certain situations.
3. The world over, the only "proven" strategy has been lockdowns. Living with the virus does not work.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, there’s a number of things I’ve questioned along the way and clearly advice has changed as knowledge has been gained. But I’ve never said it’s fake or planned because there’s simply no evidence of that.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's fair some of our restrictions and rules leave you scratching your head ,I don't understand why after no local cases in 30 odd days people need to wear masks on public transport, and as stupid as it is ill fucking do it to do whatever in hope of travelling sooner. But now I think winter ruled last year flu in Australia was almost nothing colds never got one
I would put that down to habit. So if the virus is in the community again, people are already used to wearing masks and there's no push back on it.

I think psychologists would have advised this, its human behaviour.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, there’s a number of things I’ve questioned along the way and clearly advice has changed as knowledge has been gained. But I’ve never said it’s fake or planned because there’s simply no evidence of that.
covid in america seemed pretty political plus the other shit was going on they become more divided then the whole,freedoms rights, this is fake came in and it was all mixed in a blender to form a massive cluster fuck.
it doesn't seem as politically in Australia ( Cept the boarders thing) feeling most Australians just went ah well fuck it just do it incase it fucks us.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would put that down to habit. So if the virus is in the community again, people are already used to wearing masks and there's no push back on it.

I think psychologists would have advised this, its human behaviour.
Seems makes sense not a bad habit hand washes I hoped are kept in place everywhere now also that's not a bad practice.
I think this year is going to start to get real hard for a lot of people, there would be a lot of people who haven't seen their family in over a year already and o/s looks like its going to be at least another year

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems makes sense not a bad habit hand washes I hoped are kept in place everywhere now also that's not a bad practice.
I think this year is going to start to get real hard for a lot of people, there would be a lot of people who haven't seen their family in over a year already and o/s looks like its going to be at least another year
Seeing the effect of masks on flu, I'm from now on wearing a mask on public transport during flu season.

I think the vaccine being here and distributed now (today's the 1st day), will keep people patient until September/October when the rollout is scheduled to be completed

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seeing the effect of masks on flu, I'm from now on wearing a mask on public transport during flu season.

I think the vaccine being here and distributed now (today's the 1st day), will keep people patient until September/October when the rollout is scheduled to be completed
You see the mask in Asian countries every on public transport i think it will grow here now a bit, we will see this coming flu season and boarders still shut will be an interesting stat. My last cold was winter 2019

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’ll get vaccinated as soon as my turn is up. I won’t wear a mask unless forced to. I get public transport probably as often as I get the flu, once a decade if that.

To those critical of my choice not to wear a mask unless mandatory; Did you wear a mask prior to covid to stop the spread of the flu? No you didn’t even though the flu killed more people here each year than covid has.

I want them to further ease restrictions but Gladys will probably wait a bit to ensure people aren’t complacent just because there is a vaccine now. Despite the fact it’s almost 40 days without a single community case and pretty high testing rates. It’s getting a bit ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.