Covid-19 related debates (argue in this thread only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Another win for vaccinations..my mate who is in a wheelchair had a carer who tested positive for Covid..you can’t get any closer contact than that..well thankfully both were vaxed which meant..1. it goes someway to support research that vaccinated people are less likely than unvaccinated people to spread the virus ..and 2. Vaccinations do protect people from the virus… Yes it also proves that vaccinated people do catch the virus still..which has never been denied..but it lessens the severity of the virus AND slows the rate of spreading it.. Add that to my cousin who’s husband had it..both vaccinated yes..but she never got it, neither did her mother, both close contacts, nor did he suffer severe symptoms..
How do individual annecdotes do anything to support those claims? Does the fact some random 90 year old survived coronavirus (women aged 90+ have a 74.3% survival rate according to dept. health) establish that coronavirus is no big whoop for 90 year olds? Also, how can you say that vax reduces chances of transmission? Been living under a rock the last 12 months? The whole country had 3000 total cases between 1/11/20-30/6/21 and NSW is seeing double that every single day at the moment with a 93% vax rate? Square that circle for me please.

Pretty sure that even the drug companies and the health department (same diff) aren't pushing that line any more.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How do individual annecdotes do anything to support those claims? Does the fact some random 90 year old survived coronavirus (women aged 90+ have a 74.3% survival rate according to dept. health) establish that coronavirus is no big whoop for 90 year olds? Also, how can you say that vax reduces chances of transmission? Been living under a rock the last 12 months? The whole country had 3000 total cases between 1/11/20-30/6/21 and NSW is seeing double that every single day at the moment with a 93% vax rate? Square that circle for me please.

Pretty sure that even the drug companies and the health department (same diff) aren't pushing that line any more.
I will send your sentiments onto them..and how lucky for them! Thanks for taking the time for reading and replying..

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
I will send your sentiments onto them..and how lucky for them! Thanks for taking the time for reading and replying..
Nice argument. Funny how quick you stop parroting your nonsense and just hand wave the second anyone brings up data. Wonder why that is

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

Woohoo - and we are on again.
The don't but represent real life experiences rather than tin foil shite. Think you answered the next one yourself. Viral loads buddy - pretty simple concept. Nope - just the umbrella of conspiracy nut cases. Different strain - sort of like squares and circles are different shapes.
Hope this helps. And all without googling in a very dark room.....

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Woohoo - and we are on again.
The don't but represent real life experiences rather than tin foil shite. Think you answered the next one yourself. Viral loads buddy - pretty simple concept. Nope - just the umbrella of conspiracy nut cases. Different strain - sort of like squares and circles are different shapes.
Hope this helps. And all without googling in a very dark room.....
I have no idea what you are saying because I only speak English, but you seem to be implying that I have endorsed or espoused a conspiracy theory. I have not. If you have evidence that I am doing so I await your presentation of it. Ironically enough your unsubstantiated assertion that I am a conspiracy theorist is, in itself, a conspiracy theory. You won't see the irony however because you are substantially intellectually subnormal.

Regards.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Most research I have seen says that there is a reduction in transmission when vaccinated

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Most research I have seen says that there is a reduction in transmission when vaccinated

Benefit wanes over time. Becomes negative after a while, partocularly against omicron.

https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_4ff1a1ce...png

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data
(Go and adjust the toggle to look at per 100,000
vax overtook novax a week or two ago, probably omicron becoming more prominent vs delta)

And theres this ***pre-print*** out of Denmark that says no benefit at 60 days post 14 day waiting period after 2nd dose of moderna (really 74 days), negative benefit at 90(104)
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.20.21267966v1.full-text

https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_169674c2...png

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Benefit wanes over time. Becomes negative after a while, partocularly against omicron.

View attachment 36327
https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data
(Go and adjust the toggle to look at per 100,000
vax overtook novax a week or two ago, probably omicron becoming more prominent vs delta)

And theres this ***pre-print*** out of Denmark that says no benefit at 60 days post 14 day waiting period after 2nd dose of moderna (really 74 days), negative benefit at 90(104)
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.20.21267966v1.full-text

View attachment 36328
Yep. I'm fully aware of the efficacy waning. Hence the need for a 3rd shot.

My point was merely that vaccines provide a reduction in transmission. Which they do. Even if that reduction isn't permanent.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Yep. I'm fully aware of the efficacy waning. Hence the need for a 3rd shot.

My point was merely that vaccines provide a reduction in transmission. Which they do. Even if that reduction isn't permanent.
Why would you need a third shot of something that provides only a mild protection for 60 days against a virus that kills only 1 in 6000 anyway and that also makes you more likely to get it at 90 days? And why would it stop at a third dose, do you have any evidence that shot 3 is the one that confers lasting minor protection? You want boosters every 2 months for something with a 99.984% survival rate? That sounds sensible to you? C'mon now man.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I have no idea what you are saying because I only speak English, but you seem to be implying that I have endorsed or espoused a conspiracy theory. I have not. If you have evidence that I am doing so I await your presentation of it. Ironically enough your unsubstantiated assertion that I am a conspiracy theorist is, in itself, a conspiracy theory. You won't see the irony however because you are substantially intellectually subnormal.

Regards.
Lol. Answered each one of your questions. Obviously you can speaka da Englash but can you actually read it. As for evidence, I believe there are 271 pages on this thread - why do I have to go back and reproduce the same evidence coz your late to the party and too lazy to go back and read it for yourself?

So - to help you a little - I'm guessing your so eloquently put diatribe is arguing that vaccines aren't working right? Well its pretty simple. Nothing is absolute. Your comparing say delta and vaccines with omicron with vaccines with virulence as a factor. Did you factor in lock downs, govt mandates on mask wearing, broader community buy in to compliance? Nope. But you have a graph from Canada and a preprint that hasn't passed peer review. Must be gospel then. A preprint as evidence? Well that fun and games bought us horse paste. Saw you got that off a phone? Must have been 5G...

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would you need a third shot of something that provides only a mild protection for 60 days against a virus that kills only 1 in 6000 anyway and that also makes you more likely to get it at 90 days? And why would it stop at a third dose, do you have any evidence that shot 3 is the one that confers lasting minor protection? You want boosters every 2 months for something with a 99.984% survival rate? That sounds sensible to you? C'mon now man.
I didn't say any of that.

3rd shot provides longer protection. Will it last? Maybe, maybe not.

But it will provide protection against Delta (which is about 1 in 100 kill rate) until Omicron takes over Delta.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Lol. Answered each one of your questions. Obviously you can speaka da Englash but can you actually read it. As for evidence, I believe there are 271 pages on this thread - why do I have to go back and reproduce the same evidence coz your late to the party and too lazy to go back and read it for yourself?

So - to help you a little - I'm guessing your so eloquently put diatribe is arguing that vaccines aren't working right? Well its pretty simple. Nothing is absolute. Your comparing say delta and vaccines with omicron with vaccines with virulence as a factor. Did you factor in lock downs, govt mandates on mask wearing, broader community buy in to compliance? Nope. But you have a graph from Canada and a preprint that hasn't passed peer review. Must be gospel then. A preprint as evidence? Well that fun and games bought us horse paste. Saw you got that off a phone? Must have been 5G...
Yes. Thank you for making my point. Why would a vax developed for alpha combat delta equally as effectively, let alone omicron and all the subsequent others? This was pretty obvious to anyone with passing familiarity with flu shots which dont work too well and haven't eradicated the common flu because, suprise suprise, viruses mutate qucker than you can develop vaxes. As for your comment about lockdowns/restrictions I did not factor it in but it would only bolster my point as we have had 6 straight months of this bullshit for 300,000 covid cases where we had what 3 months of lockdowns and restrictions 1/1/20-30/6/21 for just 30,000 cases so *if* they helped it would only have been worse these last 6 months.

Do you have any evidence for your baseless claim that im a conspiracy theorist? Is my pointing to government data, in your mind a conspiracy theory? Or do you just think lazy non specific insults are a good way to argue?

Anyway please go get boosted as soon as you are eligible! These very effective vaccines are also very safe!

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Yes. Thank you for making my point. Why would a vax developed for alpha combat delta equally as effectively, let alone omicron and all the subsequent others? This was pretty obvious to anyone with passing familiarity with flu shots which dont work too well and haven't eradicated the common flu because, suprise suprise, viruses mutate qucker than you can develop vaxes. As for your comment about lockdowns/restrictions I did not factor it in but it would only bolster my point as we have had 6 straight months of this bullshit for 300,000 covid cases where we had what 3 months of lockdowns and restrictions 1/1/20-30/6/21 for just 30,000 cases so *if* they helped it would only have been worse these last 6 months.

Do you have any evidence for your baseless claim that im a conspiracy theorist? Is my pointing to government data, in your mind a conspiracy theory? Or do you just think lazy non specific insults are a good way to argue?

Anyway please go get boosted as soon as you are eligible! These very effective vaccines are also very safe!
Great hooch eh? You came into this hammering @Mr 95% for advocating a good vaccine outcome. Now you're pro-vax? You're right - I apologise for calling you a tin head. You're just a goose.

As for proving your point - you didn't have one. But maybe my Englash isn't good enough.....

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't say any of that.

3rd shot provides longer protection. Will it last? Maybe, maybe not.

But it will provide protection against Delta (which is about 1 in 100 kill rate) until Omicron takes over Delta.
So just sink more resources chasing what we've already lost? At what point do you think we should stop vaxing? Once delta is gone? Delta is also way lower than 1% bro. 293,000 cases, 1300 deaths since July 1 2021. Thats 0.4%. Alpha/Delta/O combined is now <1% cfr in Australia 323,000 cases 2203 deaths

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I'm a little confused. Are you saying that it's stupid that we had lockdowns and restrictions due to lower case numbers, even though the lower case numbers were due to lockdowns and restrictions?

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Great hooch eh? You came into this hammering @Mr 95% for advocating a good vaccine outcome. Now you're pro-vax? You're right - I apologise for calling you a tin head. You're just a goose.

As for proving your point - you didn't have one. But maybe my Englash isn't good enough.....
Yeah you are a fucking retard if you read that and thought it was pro vax. Im telling you - slowly - that it is pointless to try to vax coronaviruses away because they mutate too quickly

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So just sink more resources chasing what we've already lost? At what point do you think we should stop vaxing? Once delta is gone? Delta is also way lower than 1% bro. 293,000 cases, 1300 deaths since July 1 2021. Thats 0.4%. Alpha/Delta/O combined is now <1% cfr in Australia 323,000 cases 2203 deaths
I'm sure you accounted for vaccinated population?

Or are you saying that the vaccine does nothing and Delta is 0.4%?

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a little confused. Are you saying that it's stupid that we had lockdowns and restrictions due to lower case numbers, even though the lower case numbers were due to lockdowns and restrictions?
How did lockdowns etc help? And how did you get that from what im saying?We average 5 days of lockdown and 1600 cases per month in the first 18 months but 50,000 cases and every day of lockdown per month in the last six months. 30x higher case rate is working?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Yeah you are a fucking retard if you read that and thought it was pro vax. Im telling you - slowly - that it is pointless to try to vax coronaviruses away because they mutate too quickly
Lol - antivax to provax to antivax in one page - good work Goosey McGoosehead.

So whats your alternative - complaining on the Kennel? I know... I'm smelling some horse paste....

Status
Not open for further replies.