Cover of your Favourite Song

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the recap. I'll remember all the disclaimers next time.

This is a weird hill you're choosing to stand on bro.
Not really. Just stating it's a dumb comment saying it's their worst song when you haven't heard them all

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m probably thinking from a guitar point of view.
The playing on tracks like ‘Diggin’ The Grave’ and ‘Evidence’ was streets ahead of anything Jim Martin ever did. It added both guts and finesse to their sound. But yes, it was a different direction that probably spelled the beginning of the end.
I would put Midlife Crisis and Real Thing above those.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sure. I need to have every bands garbage lined up before I can comment. Since dem the rules, guess you've heard every song they've ever released?
I have heard every song that's ever existed and I can safely say that music peaked at Three Blind Mice on the Recorder.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know..Iam shamed
The Shania Twain cover is atrocious..

ps.. Anastasia is whoa body wise..that flat stomach gets me
Strangely no hips though. I remember wondering why she always did that crazy hip swaying dance until I noticed that if she stops, she's just a straight line. No hips at all. She swings her butt to give the illusion of hips.

They're the opposite of Shakira. Her hips do lie.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Strangely no hips though. I remember wondering why she always did that crazy hip swaying dance until I noticed that if she stops, she's just a straight line. No hips at all. She swings her butt to give the illusion of hips.

They're the opposite of Shakira. Her hips do lie.
Shakira is most definitely a babe!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I liked KD Lang's version - it was played at my father's funeral.

My older sister was into the whole Jeff Buckley thing. I think was probably a couple of years too young.
It’s a great song and KD’s version ain’t shabby. I was definitely caught in the Buckley wave and ‘Last Goodbye’ remains one of my favourite songs to this day, though it’s no longer in my vocal range :-).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes. At a faith no more gig. Think we both left when they started playing Easy.
Oddly enough, last time I saw FNM was at Soundwave. After dealing with 45 degree heat with no shade all day, I made it about 2 songs in and went, "screw this, I'm going home"

It may have been Easy that was playing at that time.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Andrew Denton when he was on the Radio in the morning MMM..used to have a musical challenge..he’d get bands/singers to perform covers of songs completely different to their normal genre.. he’d give em a few minutes to get ready to do it in their own style. This is what inspired me to start this thread.. here is a few from the album they made.. My favourite song is Dion’s My Heart Will Go On by Screaming Jets.. Neil Finn doing Michael Jackson’s Billie Jean, I think he actually released it as a single.. A haunting version of ABBA’s S.O.S. by Toni, it is superb.. A fun one by James Reyne, singing Kate Bush’s Wuthering Heights . There is also a creepy one by Rolf Harris singing Divinyls I Touch Myself.. Finally a fun one ..The Wiggles singing AC/DC’s Its Long Way to the Top..

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Chocolate Strarfish are still around, and funny enough, their lead single off their last album was also a cover, but not as successful as You're so Vain:

I was so disappointed in that version. Great track for them to cover with Thommo’s vocal range but the arrangement overall was pretty disappointing. I’ll stick with the original penned by Linda Perry, who while we’re talking covers wrote/produced ‘Beautiful’ for Christina Aguilera, later covered by several artists including Elvis Costello and Macy Gray:

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
The Best cover version of any song ever is The Living End’s version of Tainted Love, holy crap did they nail that one big time