Couldn't believe it

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maxwell must either hate us really bad or is a corrupt prick. Blew a lot of unnecessary penalties last night like he did at the Titans game. He is like Sutton an unapproachable, arrogant, narcissistic jerk. Every time Broncos dropped the ball or an error was forced by the dogs a penalty was blown. Broncos were offside most of the time and nothing was done. When the Bulldogs are offside a penalty is blown. Not excusing it for our poor performance, but something needs to be done about these pricks ****ing the game
As I said a while ago, the damage that was done on "Black Friday" is immeasurable. We will suffer from our schoolboy behaviour for a few seasons yet, mark my words !!!

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon. But most of the bad calls happen in our games. We are just the NRL's new whipping boys
Yeah nah.

Every teams forum is exactly the same. A bunch of guys whinging about how hard done by their team is and how the refs' are against them for whatever weak reasons they can come up with.

We played poorly and didnt deserve to win that game. Nothing to do with the referee's, but some people need someone to blame for everything in life.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah nah.

Every teams forum is exactly the same. A bunch of guys whinging about how hard done by their team is and how the refs' are against them for whatever weak reasons they can come up with.

We played poorly and didnt deserve to win that game. Nothing to do with the referee's, but some people need someone to blame for everything in life.

Yes, I am all for accountability: take responsibility for your own actions and shortcomings instead of blaming someone else. How about this.... we take responsibility, acknowledge our shortcomings and the fact we make mistakes THEN we ask the NRL to do the same. It is a two way street, not that you would know it.

Bad referee decisions have massive repercussions for every side in the competition, get one wrong that costs a team a game (and two points) the winning side basically gets a four point turnaround (if they are higher on the ladder than the one who has been dudded).Can change the makeup of the eight when the competition is as close as this years ( manufactured) one.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I am all for accountability: take responsibility for your own actions and shortcomings instead of blaming someone else. How about this.... we take responsibility, acknowledge our shortcomings and the fact we make mistakes THEN we ask the NRL to do the same. It is a two way street, not that you would know it.

Bad referee decisions have massive repercussions for every side in the competition, get one wrong that costs a team a game (and two points) the winning side basically gets a four point turnaround (if they are higher on the ladder than the one who has been dudded).Can change the makeup of the eight when the competition is as close as this years ( manufactured) one.
There is definitely times when the refereeing is bad and of course it can alter the outcome. Things like the soward milkman incident of course should be a topic of discussion. What isnt a topic of discussion, IMO, is when someone just blames the refs when the calls are of the same standard as every single other NRL game on the weekend.

What I saw on Saturday though, was us missing goal kicks and being unable to find the turf on the 5th tackle, I saw sideways running and generally tired uninspired forwards.

Maybe the conditions played a part, but I really dislike the trend of blaming the referee's instantly as soon as we lose. How about we look and discuss the things we can change than whinging about things we can't.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Time to stop blaming the refs and win games.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
There is definitely times when the refereeing is bad and of course it can alter the outcome. Things like the soward milkman incident of course should be a topic of discussion. What isnt a topic of discussion, IMO, is when someone just blames the refs when the calls are of the same standard as every single other NRL game on the weekend.

What I saw on Saturday though, was us missing goal kicks and being unable to find the turf on the 5th tackle, I saw sideways running and generally tired uninspired forwards.

Maybe the conditions played a part, but I really dislike the trend of blaming the referee's instantly as soon as we lose. How about we look and discuss the things we can change than whinging about things we can't.
I'd agree with you sceptical for the fact bu11()0GS explicitly said that he wasn't using the refs as an excuse for that loss.

And even if a poor referee doesn't change the result it doesn't mean what he did was fine and should not have a few questions put forth regarding it.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah nah.

If you read my post I said I wasn't using them as an excuse. Yes we played shit and it's our fault and no one else's. But I also said that the refs should take accountability for poor performances like us fans and teams when our teams perform poor.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So I just got back into town and finally watched the game with the advantage of the pause/rewind button.

We didn't play well enough to win, nor did we have the worst game I've seen this season.
What I did notice though, was the amount of forward passes made by Brisbane. 6 forward passes by the 60th minute, and that's not counting a few others because I couldn't be sure if it was the camera angle throwing me off, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. But those 6 by the hour mark where clear short forward passes and you could hear players voices screaming "forward", but as usual, it fell on deaf ears, so I just sat back on my couch watching what seemed to be a game of NFL VS NRL.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
And yes I know the Morris pass was forward. But that doesn't make up for a dozen forwards from the broncos going unpunished.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah nah.

Most of us have been very clear in saying we aren't going to use the refs as an excuse for playing badly. We didn't play well. No doubt about it.

But many of us don't have faith in the refs or game's administration and we will say it after a win, loss, draw or bye round.

The refs have agendas in many games from what I can see. I watch so many games that don't even involve the dogs where it seems pretty obvious one team is clearly given preferential treatment and it happens way too often and is way too blatant for it to just be a case of one team getting the rub of the green IMO.

I don't know what the NRL's motives are exactly and I'm not usually one to buy into conspiracy theories. I'm not buying into any specific theory now, but I definitely see examples of refereeing that causes me to question the integrity of the game's administration on a regular basis.

If the refs were being instructed to operate with complete integrity and impartiality at all times, the NRL would not be going to such great lengths to protect referees.

Introducing things like banning the coaches from talking about refereeing only causes those of us who have doubts to lose even more confidence.

Greenberg recently said they are considering changes that will see coaches "ranked" by administrators and refs from 1-16 based on which clubs/ coaches complain about the refs the most.

What possible good could changes like this do for a governing body that is administering the game with genuine integrity and impartiality? The whole idea of impartial refereeing is to blow the whistle based on what happens in the game and not referee according to perception.

If they aren't deliberately influencing games, refs are refereeing according to perception as is. Watching certain teams more closely in the ruck than others due to a perception they are more likely to infringe etc. Unfortunately after some of the ridiculous directives the NRL has handed down and ideas Greenberg has raised in recent times, I am more convinced than ever that the problem of refereeing in the game now is real and is not just a result of incompetence, but of a lack of integrity in the game's admins and senior refs.

It is not just conspiracy theorists or people looking for scapegoats who think this. I am no genius, but I'm no idiot either and have formed my opinions based on what I've seen with my own two eyes.

I definitely agree that right after a loss isn't the best time to express views about bad refereeing if you don't want to come across as a typical
one eyed supporter.

But at the end of the day I don't have faith in the refs or administration right now and know a lot of rational people who feel the same way.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Most of us have been very clear in saying we aren't going to use the refs as an excuse for playing badly. We didn't play well. No doubt about it.

But many of us don't have faith in the refs or game's administration and we will say it after a win, loss, draw or bye round.

The refs have agendas in many games from what I can see. I watch so many games that don't even involve the dogs where it seems pretty obvious one team is clearly given preferential treatment and it happens way too often and is way too blatant for it to just be a case of one team getting the rub of the green IMO.

I don't know what the NRL's motives are exactly and I'm not usually one to buy into conspiracy theories. I'm not buying into any specific theory now, but I definitely see examples of refereeing that causes me to question the integrity of the game's administration on a regular basis.

If the refs were being instructed to operate with complete integrity and impartiality at all times, the NRL would not be going to such great lengths to protect referees.

Introducing things like banning the coaches from talking about refereeing only causes those of us who have doubts to lose even more confidence.

Greenberg recently said they are considering changes that will see coaches "ranked" by administrators and refs from 1-16 based on which clubs/ coaches complain about the refs the most.

What possible good could changes like this do for a governing body that is administering the game with genuine integrity and impartiality? The whole idea of impartial refereeing is to blow the whistle based on what happens in the game and not referee according to perception.

If they aren't deliberately influencing games, refs are refereeing according to perception as is. Watching certain teams more closely in the ruck than others due to a perception they are more likely to infringe etc. Unfortunately after some of the ridiculous directives the NRL has handed down and ideas Greenberg has raised in recent times, I am more convinced than ever that the problem of refereeing in the game now is real and is not just a result of incompetence, but of a lack of integrity in the game's admins and senior refs.

It is not just conspiracy theorists or people looking for scapegoats who think this. I am no genius, but I'm no idiot either and have formed my opinions based on what I've seen with my own two eyes.

I definitely agree that right after a loss isn't the best time to express views about bad refereeing if you don't want to come across as a typical
one eyed supporter.

But at the end of the day I don't have faith in the refs or administration right now and know a lot of rational people who feel the same way.
Get on my minutes silence challenge, voice our communal disgust at the NRL by observing a minutes silence, for the first minute of the game remain silent, if there is enough angry fans the silence will be deafening

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Get on my minutes silence challenge, voice our communal disgust at the NRL by observing a minutes silence, for the first minute of the game remain silent, if there is enough angry fans the silence will be deafening
Great idea mate.

I probably won't get to a game until the Titans game in gosford unfortunately. But I hope this idea builds momentum. I'll be in it for sure.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If someone says to me your former "CEO" is wrecking the game, I'll happily say Todd Greenberg was never our CEO

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something that baffled me that Broncos game is how we didn't even up possession stats? What do we keep doing wrong to always swing it right away from us?

Endeavour

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score

one eyed supporter.

Wonderful post. It's exactly how I feel. Thank you

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's called the t.a.b utility half and too many exotic betting

Status
Not open for further replies.