Couldn’t find my Dogs Jersey

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
So this is a different thread for this part of the forum but I have about 4 Dogs jerseys all various ages and off course the old HFC finance ones but I went to the game at Belmore on Sunday and was running late to make the kick off and frantically went through my wardrobe and with the minute I had to try and find a fucking jersey i Fucking couldn’t find one. I have since found where (for some reason unknown to mankind) found where I put them but they use to be the first things in my shelf in my wardrobe and I have just realised they are not anymore. I have been to 5 Newtown Jets games at Henson Park this year and one Dogs game at Belmore. It made me sad. Dogs for life but what a dire situation. I didn’t think this self indulgent thread should be in the footy forum but my point is have you actually missed watching a game in the last few years because you forgot it was and how do you feel about it?

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Haven’t missed a game either in person or broadcast. Can’t turn away despite the lowest ebb I remember in 4 decades of following the Dogs. Gear still front and centre in a spare wardrobe. Loyal to a fault. Call it naive but to me the ship simply has to turn.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Haven’t missed a game either in person or broadcast. Can’t turn away despite the lowest ebb I remember in 4 decades of following the Dogs. Gear still front and centre in a spare wardrobe. Loyal to a fault. Call it naive but to me the ship simply has to turn.
Yeah to myself and my missus shock she asked me when’s the Dogs game on a few weeks ago and I assumed Sunday 2:00 (hadn’t checked which was unusual for me) thought I saw that earlier in the week or whatever. Anyway it gets to Sunday morning and I Google what time are the Bulldogs playing today and they played Saturday afternoon and got flogged by whoever it was. That’s unheard of for me.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 8 jerseys and a million polos so they are always easy to find

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I have 8 jerseys and a million polos so they are always easy to find
I have all the crap backpacks and whatever they give you when you are a member. Was a member for years but haven’t been in 4 years but yeah sad I could find a Jets Jersey before a Dogs one.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have all the crap backpacks and whatever they give you when you are a member. Was a member for years but haven’t been in 4 years but yeah sad I could find a Jets Jersey before a Dogs one.
Its been an incredibly difficult las 6 years we have not had much to cheer about thats for sure!
Every recruit I have got excited about has not delivered.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I give up halfway through des last season, watched 3 games of league in total since then, lost my spark ,was hoping it came back by now but hasn't.
It's wasn't just the dogs league was really starting to shit me.they were trying to hard to appeal to a crowd that wasn't there with all the bullshit, turned me off big time. Meh one day hopefully that excitement returns

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have 4 Jerseys, but one of them is a Terry Lamb jersey from when I was 12. Can't quite fit into it any more.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The ship was beached long ago, it couldn’t turn if even wanted to. We’ll be putting up with this shit for the next decade at least.

Lost my spark for this team a long time ago now, and it was decremental to my mental health to keep watching.The losses used to bother me, anger me. I have no feeling for this shit dished up anymore and no way of us getting out of it. Used to watch every single game, I can happily spend time with the family instead of this ruining the weekend.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this is a different thread for this part of the forum but I have about 4 Dogs jerseys all various ages and off course the old HFC finance ones but I went to the game at Belmore on Sunday and was running late to make the kick off and frantically went through my wardrobe and with the minute I had to try and find a fucking jersey i Fucking couldn’t find one. I have since found where (for some reason unknown to mankind) found where I put them but they use to be the first things in my shelf in my wardrobe and I have just realised they are not anymore. I have been to 5 Newtown Jets games at Henson Park this year and one Dogs game at Belmore. It made me sad. Dogs for life but what a dire situation. I didn’t think this self indulgent thread should be in the footy forum but my point is have you actually missed watching a game in the last few years because you forgot it was and how do you feel about it?
Not sure if you’ve seen this movie but it’s about the Newtown Jets - it’s called the Final Winter.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should be easy to find now brother

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Also if anyone is interested Dogs play Newtown next week at Henson. Although I’ve been to heaps more Jets games than Dogs games my missus is like will you be going for The Bulldogs or Newtown when we go next week and I just looked at her.. How long have we been together now and you ask me this.. Also Newtown are coming 1st and Bulldogs 3rd so should be a cracker of a day at Henson. Worth checking out if you have never been.