Could JMOZ transition to the backrow next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't think it will happen but it's not the worst idea I've heard. There have been some good players make the transition. Jarrod McCracken, Dene Halatau, Greg Eastwood are ones that come to mind. I think Rona has a future in the Centres as well.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The Kennel really has it all.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is not a silly option mate for the future as you mentioned, he has lost alot of pace over the time, defensively he would be great there and he would only be playing one spot in from centre in attack anyway.
my only concern is that never passes the ball at centre so when it gets to him it will die unless he can develop some passing skills after the line as a backrower
Yeah agree with the passing comment, would require some work but should be an easy enough skill to master.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The idea is great, he has the defensive skills to make the transition. The other reason why Rona has good try strike rate is because JMoz is attracting defensive line players giving a clear passage for Rona. Now with that mind if you have 2 players on his outside giving half a chance.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why cant we just leave players in their preferred positions

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Because the game evolves and we need to evolve with it.
Yes but you are thinking outside the box and that's not something Hasler does.

The idea that Josh Morris would play out of position would be ok if it meant that someone exceeding his skill was filling in. The way I see it Hoppa/Jmoz are similar players. They don't really break that many tackles and aren't very fast. Hasler won't drop Perrett and because of this he will play Brett at the back. The other option is to move Curtis to the centres and keep Hoppa at the back and Bmoz on the wing:

Option A:

1. Brett Morris
2. Sam Perrett
3. Josh Morris
4. Will Hopoate
5. Curtis Rona

Option B:

1. Will Hopoate
2. Sam Perrett
3. Josh Morris
4. Curtis Rona
5. Brett Morris

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

The idea that Josh Morris would play out of position would be ok if it meant that someone exceeding his skill was filling in. The way I see it Hoppa/Jmoz are similar players. They don't really break that many tackles and aren't very fast. Hasler won't drop Perrett and because of this he will play Brett at the back. The other option is to move Curtis to the centres and keep Hoppa at the back and Bmoz on the wing:

Option A:

1. Brett Morris
2. Sam Perrett
3. Josh Morris
4. Will Hopoate
5. Curtis Rona

Option B:

1. Will Hopoate
2. Sam Perrett
3. Josh Morris
4. Curtis Rona
5. Brett Morris
I liked rona at center looked dangerous and I would love to see
1.hopa
2.perrett
3.morris j
4.rona
5.morris b

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Option c
1. Abbey
2. Okunburer or smith
3. Rona
4. Hoppa
5. B Morris
12. Jmoz
Option A:

1. Brett Morris
2. Sam Perrett
3. Josh Morris
4. Will Hopoate
5. Curtis Rona

Option B:

1. Will Hopoate
2. Sam Perrett
3. Josh Morris
4. Curtis Rona
5. Brett Morris
G

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think i rate Rona as a better centre then J Moz.
Josh has declined massively!
Now Rona and BMoz on the same side now thats a lethal combination!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If we don't want our ctw to get the ball then yes lol.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morris proving my theory that his days as a centre are coming to an end. Has looked terrible in the first half of origin.

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
GI should ask Morris for half of his match payments, he is the only reason Morris is playing origin.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Morris proving my theory that his days as a centre are coming to an end. Has looked terrible in the first half of origin.
Jmoz might get some mileage on the wing I reckon. But yes, his days as a top shelf centre are over.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was average looks overweight and slower past his best ,it's funny how des couldn't wait to move frankie p and Ennis on but I bet jmoz gets kept too long

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some players have a short period of time where they are at their peak and then that's it.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need an attacking cenntre with pace ....josh morris has lost his attacking skills.....we need to get out there and be. Mote a tive in the player market....stop spending 600k for players like trex and buy some quality centres...ffs we have no depth on the centres.....

Status
Not open for further replies.