Rumour Cotric to Raiders

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree the contract system is a joke. But it's how the game is run currently.
It's unfortunate for Cotric,but wingers don't win competitions and we need to prioritise other positions.
I’d argue Hazem and Utai helped massively in our last GF win.
we are 10 times more likely to win a Premiership with JAC and Cotric on the wing rather than Allan and Okunbor

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How about the coach get these players to produce their best footy!

Allen for instance showed a lot more at Souths. Waddle was a gun junior at Riff and Stimpson was playing better at Storm.

Baz bought them; now get them playing to their contract money you gave 'em Trent.

Problem solved.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To be fair R.Smith looked like he didn't wanna play for us any more in his last half a season with us. But it was a bad business decision letting him go for nothing. Should have tried to get something in return.
Does cotric even want to leave? If not it's not good look for the club pushing players out.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we are 10 times more likely to win a Premiership with JAC and Cotric on the wing rather than Allan and Okunbor
If Cotric leaves it will probably be JAC and Naden which is not bad at all

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy with next year's roster as it is and the expectation to be really competitive. Sure I would like to see Kikau and Mahoney sooner than 23 but unless it can happen only with pushing players out that are not up to the level of improving us. Rumours of Cotric and Thompson being shopped are not the players we should be trading.
I don't think the club as it is governed now would be erratic in stockpiling players and hoping for trade miracles due to overspending.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course Utai and Hazem were important, but certainly not more important or even as important as our forwards or halves for the duration of the year. Willie Mason won the Clive Churchill medal on gf day. You need only look at Daly M results and Clive Churchill winners to know wingers aren't as important or influential as most other positions.
10 times more likely ? I'm guessing you're guessing. JAC Will be there for sure,but I reckon Cotric will but at another club and Allen will be in reggies

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But the club signed Cotric for 3 years....what I am saying is clubs need to start honouring their contracts. Are we so desperate due to salary cap restrictions to sell Cotric? If so, why did we sign other players in 2023 if we need to move on players to be compliant?
Because better players became available for 2023. I know it’s harsh on the players but that’s how the successful clubs operate these days. Look at the roosters for example, they would find a way to move a player on if a better player in their position became available. Whether right or wrong, it’s a business these days

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because better players became available for 2023. I know it’s harsh on the players but that’s how the successful clubs operate these days. Look at the roosters for example, they would find a way to move a player on if a better player in their position became available. Whether right or wrong, it’s a business these days
The premiers this year were paying freight on:

RCG
Blake
Mansour

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But the club signed Cotric for 3 years....what I am saying is clubs need to start honouring their contracts. Are we so desperate due to salary cap restrictions to sell Cotric? If so, why did we sign other players in 2023 if we need to move on players to be compliant?
If Cotric is offloaded he won't be out of pocket and it can't be without his consent. His salary is simply paid by two clubs.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allows us to ease 2023 cap pressure by front loading some contracts in 2022
Yeah. I think nrl has put some restrictions for that now but yeah front-end a few bigger contracts Eg tpj or addo Carr and allows for more cap room in 2023

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cotric to raiders, Hodgson to tigers, Liddle to parra, Mahoney to us, merry christmas
That would be perfect :hearteyes:

What normally would happen though is cotric to raiders, Hodgson to tigers, Liddell to parra and Mahoney stays at parra aswell :p

Fingers crossed with Gus we aren’t soft cocks with player releases.