Cotric FB?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Come on really?

It's Hopoate all day. We need a ball playing fullback to spark our attack.

The Hopoate haters will be proven wrong again when Barrett selects him at FB next season.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If DWZ can simplify his game the backline selects itself next season

1. Hopoate
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Lafai
5. Okunbor

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If DWZ can simplify his game the backline selects itself next season

1. Hopoate
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Lafai
5. Okunbor
It doesn’t sound like Lafai will be retained
I think Staines will be our number 1 next year
Hoppa to take Lafai’s spot

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you think Staines will excel at fullback, you are dreaming. This kid has played 4 NRL games.
Thats not enough to cement a fullback role in any club. He may develop, but not if hes wanting big money.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric would be the best fullback of all our signed outside backs for '21. Would also be our best centre and best winger. Can't play him everywhere but unless we sign a better fullback, that might be where he ends up.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you think Staines will excel at fullback, you are dreaming. This kid has played 4 NRL games.
Thats not enough to cement a fullback role in any club. He may develop, but not if hes wanting big money.
That isn't true, e.g. Grant, just I don't think Staines has showed anything individually that Meaney hasn't (for e.g.). Also before this year I had never heard of him. All we know is he's lightning quick and his strength is his support play (all you can really gather from his highlight video on YouTube, which anything, shows why we need Burton). I'm yet to see any ball playing which is much needed in our current team.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would everyone stop posting their pants about Staines
His hasn’t done anything for me to remotely thinking signing him as a winger on the money his agent wants let alone fullback

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That isn't true, e.g. Grant, just I don't think Staines has showed anything individually that Meaney hasn't (for e.g.). Also before this year I had never heard of him. All we know is he's lightning quick and his strength is his support play (all you can really gather from his highlight video on YouTube, which anything, shows why we need Burton). I'm yet to see any ball playing which is much needed in our current team.
Staines has shown alot more than Meaney when it comes to agility, acceleration and finishing

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Staines has shown alot more than Meaney when it comes to agility, acceleration and finishing
I don't think so. If you re watch the highlights from his games he's basically falling over the line, it's the players around him. You throw Meaney or even Crichton onto that Panthers wing and it's the same result imo. This is how we got con'd into buying Crichton btw.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't think so. If you re watch the highlights from his games he's basically falling over the line, it's the players around him. You throw Meaney or even Crichton onto that Panthers wing and it's the same result imo. This is how we got con'd into buying Crichton btw.
No fucking way. The first try against Manly, and the try assist when he put the foot down and passed to his inside were pure instinct and class. Meaney has the speed but lacks the instinct and confidence Staines displays imo

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cotric is a bigger version of Rapana/Sam Perrett

He will be lucky to transition into a decent centre let alone FB

My money is on Barrett leaving him on the wing

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cotric is a bigger version of Rapana/Sam Perrett

He will be lucky to transition into a decent centre let alone FB

My money is on Barrett leaving him on the wing
He will be a beast right centre as he was in his junior days before being moved to wing

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No fucking way. The first try against Manly, and the try assist when he put the foot down and passed to his inside were pure instinct and class. Meaney has the speed but lacks the instinct and confidence Staines displays imo
Meaney lacks explosiveness as well. Has great top speed but it takes him a while to wind up

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reimis is better than Dwz and Dwz on his day is better than Okunbor
We'll pay ridiculous money to play a rookie winger at FB. Seeing as though TB has been working with Staines. If it does happen, and Stain flopa. TB will be dead to me.

1. Staines
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. Okunbor

Smith and Meany back up

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Welcome to two weeks ago.
Remember every idea you can think of, Nasheed has already considered it.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cotric is another Josh Mansour clone.

1st grade NRL winger, nothing more, nothing less