Cotric FB?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking at the squad for next year and was trying to fit Cotric in and was thinking... Cotric is still very young and has plenty of ability as we all know but can he play FB and become as good as Tedesco?

They do have similar styles so it's an absolute possibility.

Cotric
DWZ
Hoppa
Smith
Ok

Meaney as the fill in.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need strike out wide. I don't think Cotric has the frame or ball skills to be an elite Fullback.
Oh his definitely got the frame though ball skills is a worry. In saying that Tedesco didn't have much ball skills but he learnt how to at the roosters.

I honestly think we might be in luck if his got the communication in him.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what me thinks also, just waiting to announce it after Panthers end their season... - same for Burton, although he probably for 2022.
They are apparently best bud's at the Panthers & travel back to the bush together.
Some old articles of Staines & Burton playing together and making an impact.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No. Like a few others have said, I think Staines will be over here next season.
We'll pay ridiculous money to play a rookie winger at FB. Seeing as though TB has been working with Staines. If it does happen, and Stain flopa. TB will be dead to me.

1. Staines
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. Okunbor

Smith and Meany back up

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hoppa doesn't have the speed to take advantage of the things that FB's need too.
The jmk break is the perfect example. He pretty much got the ball and fell to ground. Not saying he should have scored. But Atleast beat a player.

Hoppa is a great professional with silky hands and generally is safe under the high ball. But lack the explosiveness and top end speed to be up there. You have a great centre. You have a ok winger or you have a slow fullback.

His 2 try saves were great. Very cerebral player. Just shame he lacks that yard or 2 of pace to be up there with trobojovic and Tedesco.

cotric always had an eye on the fullback jersey and did get a few games there in nrl. He might be another Johnston type who fill in brilliantly but may not have the game of week in week out fullback. I feel cotric has bulked up too much. More of a power game then finesse game which doesn’t work at the back.

Hoppa and Cotric in the centres with reimis, okunbor and zelezniak as your wingers is a not bad backline (any backline without lafai, Holland, Crichton and Montoya would look amazing if that is what you are used to :p)

If Staines comes along would be a good addition at fullback. If not we are slim pickings. Maybe Meaney but he won’t take you to a top 4.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll pay ridiculous money to play a rookie winger at FB. Seeing as though TB has been working with Staines. If it does happen, and Stain flopa. TB will be dead to me.

1. Staines
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. Okunbor

Smith and Meany back up
We would get really solid starts to sets with that backline.. okunbur, cotric, dwz, hoppa.. all very strong runners of the ball.. I think that combination would be awesome for us

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at the squad for next year and was trying to fit Cotric in and was thinking... Cotric is still very young and has plenty of ability as we all know but can he play FB and become as good as Tedesco?

They do have similar styles so it's an absolute possibility.

Cotric
DWZ
Hoppa
Smith
Ok

Meaney as the fill in.
Cotric played some fullback in NYC so he has some experience there. If I recall correctly he also played centre as well. I’d rather we get Staines to play fb tho

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He wants to play centre, we need a good centre, lets start there and see how things go. Even if Staines doesn't arrive next season we already have Hoppa and Meaney that can do a decent job at FB.