Corrupt NRL

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s not corruption mate.

We’ll return to the prime time slots once we start playing some prime time footy. Simple as that
Our form shouldn't come into it Horse, the 20% of the 6 o'clock time slot should be shared equally between all 16 teams,
that would be 1.5 games a team, I am happy to cop 2 games but not 5...Totally unfair !!!

Last edited:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Our form shouldn't come into it Horse, the 20% of the 6 o'clock time slot should be shared equally between all 16 teams,
that would 1.5 games a team, I am happy to cop 2 games but not 5...Totally unfair !!!
The business element to the scheduling needs to be respected mate. The only way we can change a lot of these less than ideal happenings that are perceived by some to be ‘conspiracies’ is to play better footy, win more games, cultivate success.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
that would 1.5 games a team, I am happy to cop 2 games but not 5...Totally unfair !!!
Win more games and you get a better deal but....chicken or egg tho.

Should be absolutely no lop-sided draws or advantages/penalties against any team....ESPECIALLY US :grinning:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It happens in all major sports, teams that are consistently winning get the best time slots, that’s how they make their money from advertising, no one is going to pay the big bucks to advertise if the network has the team that came last on prime time television…. except Brisbane, they get whatever they want!

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The business element to the scheduling needs to be respected mate. The only way we can change a lot of these less than ideal happenings that are perceived by some to be ‘conspiracies’ is to play better footy, win more games, cultivate success.
We have the worst brand in the game at the moment. Watching us play last two years, has not had the slightest entertainment value attached with it at all.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We have the worst brand in the game at the moment. Watching us play last two years, has not had the slightest entertainment value attached with it at all.
We know better for 2022 tho! :grinning:
Launch pad!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Correct. I’m sure some of the members on here demanding prime time viewership for next year are the same ones who said they boycotted watching our games last year haha

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I appreciate the fact we have to do our part but honestly Horse I can't see us getting a fair go from News ltd owned Foxtel.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It happens in all major sports, teams that are consistently winning get the best time slots, that’s how they make their money from advertising, no one is going to pay the big bucks to advertise if the network has the team that came last on prime time television…. except Brisbane, they get whatever they want!
You are right, people want to watch highly performing teams, I don;t want to sound like a whinger but I still believe 20% percent is far too much, as for Brisbane they get away with it being a one city team, correct me if I am wrong aren't they partly owned by News ltd ?

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are right, people want to watch highly performing teams, I don;t want to sound like a whinger but I still believe 20% percent is far too much, as for Brisbane they get away with it being a one city team correct me if I am wrong aren't they partly owned by News ltd ?
100%, Brisbane don't just get the time slots of prime time, they get away with cap space, remember when they almost had the entire QLD team...

Just wait until the most followed team in rugby league starts playing some entertaining rugby league, no team draws a bigger crowed then the bulldogs...

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly, these same people would whinge if the cap was dropped by 1.5 million each team because of "fair scheduling" costing the NRL a higher broadcast deal. It goes beyond the Bulldogs.

Also we must rate pretty highly at 6pm compared to other teams with half of Bankstown being on unemployment benefits, they don't need to rush home from work haha

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
These people never fail to unfairly treat the Bulldogs, the CORRUPT NRL has scheduled the Bulldogs to play 5 Friday games at the 6 o'cklock kick off...
Where is the justice there ?
Why should we cop 20% of these badly timed games ???
Blah. Honestly mate, I couldn't care less.

Let's fuck anyone and every one in front of us. Who cares when we're playing?

Circle the wagons. Create an us vs them feeling.

Bring it on I say!

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
In my opinion the most damaging is the 6 o'clock Friday slot when everyone is still at work or just left work.
wow
imagine u lived in Europe , where soccer matches kick off at 9pm and sometimes 10pm at night

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
wow
imagine u lived in Europe , where soccer matches kick off at 9pm and sometimes 10pm at night
Here is the difference
You would have enough time to get home have a shower a dinner and a nap before getting to the game.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
In my opinion the most damaging is the 6 o'clock Friday slot when everyone is still at work or just left work.
Early in the season that's the 5pm game in QLD. I do like that the night footy kicks finishes early though.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But their best stitch up for us is

Round 5
V's Panthers
Sunday 6.15pm
Last Game of the Round

Followed by

Round 6
V's Souths
Easter Good Friday 4pm