Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A great deal of it is to do with our climate, our isolation from the rest of the world and our low population densities.
Population density is an issue that keeps emerging. Prior to the viral outbreak it was the people who lived in units seeing their poorly built unit towers crack.

Water supply to Sydney where the water infrastructure doesn't change yet units keep going up, houses built on tiny blocks basically touching one another.

Now it's the viral outbreaks being a problem for close density housing

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Population density is an issue that keeps emerging. Prior to the viral outbreak it was the people who lived in units seeing their poorly built unit towers crack.

Water supply to Sydney where the water infrastructure doesn't change yet units keep going up, houses built on tiny blocks basically touching one another.

Now it's the viral outbreaks being a problem for close density housing
I think climate plays a bigger role than people realise. There’s a very close correlation between infection counts in countries around the world and their average maximum temperatures.

This isn’t a surprise though. Go look at influenza data from the past 10 years and influenza is a far bigger problem up there than down here.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone wanting to hear something relatively interesting and a different opinion to what you’re used to hearing, have a watch of this.

On face value the comments seem to be well articulated and grounded in some decent arguments.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone wanting to hear something relatively interesting and a different opinion to what you’re used to hearing, have a watch of this.

On face value the comments seem to be well articulated and grounded in some decent arguments.
Berneson is hated in the scientific community due to him basically being a conspiracy theorist who cherry picks data and pushes false information.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Berneson is hated in the scientific community due to him basically being a conspiracy theorist who cherry picks data and pushes false information.
I’d prefer to hear a dialogue about the ideas he puts forward rather than just assassinating his character.

if he has bad and unfounded ideas then let’s call them out

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d prefer to hear a dialogue about the ideas he puts forward rather than just assassinating his character.

if he has bad and unfounded ideas then let’s call them out
If someone with no relevant qualifications and has a habit of cherry picking data and pushing false information, then discussing their ideas would be a waste of time.

Then again, he is a fiction writer so maybe his qualifications are relevant. But only if we're discussing the fictional ideas he has come up with.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
If someone with no relevant qualifications and has a habit of cherry picking data and pushing false information, then discussing their ideas would be a waste of time.

Then again, he is a fiction writer so maybe his qualifications are relevant. But only if we're discussing the fictional ideas he has come up with.
If his ideas on covid are so out of this world then it must be a very easy job for pointing out why they are lies/exaggerations.

btw I have no idea who he is. First time I’ve heard him was this morning.

In all seriousness are you really a scientist? You have a large inclination towards people’s personalities rather than their ideas.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If his ideas on covid are so out of this world then it must be a very easy job for pointing out why they are lies/exaggerations.

btw I have no idea who he is. First time I’ve heard him was this morning.

In all seriousness are you really a scientist? You have a large inclination towards people’s personalities rather than their ideas.
Why would I bother? As I said. The guy has a history of posting fake information. Why would I put any effort into proving his stuff wrong?

You are being pretty hypocritical BTW. Whenever someone posts a source to you, you're quick to dismiss them based on them being "left wing"

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Why would I bother? As I said. The guy has a history of posting fake information. Why would I put any effort into proving his stuff wrong?

You are being pretty hypocritical BTW. Whenever someone posts a source to you, you're quick to dismiss them based on them being "left wing"
Plenty of ppl are wrong about plenty of things but still capable of being right about other things. Being ‘wrong’ isn’t absolute and doesn’t exclude you from being right about some things

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Let’s take one of his points.

In america many states were / are Publishing deaths as covid deaths if someone catches covid and then dies within 30/60 days of the test (even if the death is something completely different like a car accident).

he goes on to say that eventually this is rectified but for a decent period of time, these sorts of deaths are incorrectly recorded as a covid death.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

this guy is a known conspiritard .....zero credibility

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
this guy is a known conspiritard .....zero credibility
Instead of doing the same as hacky can you tell me what he says that is so wrong?

Im not saying he’s right.

But it’s not helpful when ppl just blindly write others off without explaining why.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

I posted a very sensible, well articulated video from Mitt Romney about Trump's personality defects (from someone who would know as is brave enough to stand up to Trumpster threats) and Dawg tossed it out as Romney hates Trump. No discussion or evaluation of what was revealed...just Romney hates Trump!

That was enough for ol mate to dismiss the in depth analysis from a fellow Republican, and insider, about Trump. As everyone can now see, its a lot harder to go against Trump than to praise Caesar so they capitulate. Not Romney.

Dawg has lost all relevance or credibility on these topics.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Instead of doing the same as hacky can you tell me what he says that is so wrong?

Im not saying he’s right.

But it’s not helpful when ppl just blindly write others off without explaining why.
reporting his opinion as fact ... same guy thinks masks are useless ... hes not a medical professional so does not have a clue what really goes on in relation to people dying from covid or with covid

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
reporting his opinion as fact ... same guy thinks masks are useless ... hes not a medical professional so does not have a clue what really goes on in relation to people dying from covid or with covid
Ok but can you give an example from the joe Rogan interview I posted where he said something that wasn’t true?

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
mate honestly , if you think what he is saying is true good luck to you ... its standard drivel from a conspiracy theorist

no wonder you think its great ... fmd

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
mate honestly , if you think what he is saying is true good luck to you ... its standard drivel from a conspiracy theorist

no wonder you think its great ... fmd
I didn’t say I believed it.

I just posted it here to see if anyone else would find it interesting.

What does spark my interest is the fact that I’ve asked about four times now whether someone can point out how he’s being grossly inaccurate or negligent or political about the topic.

So far you and Hacky have just replied by attacking him personally and suggesting that ‘lots of scientists don’t like his opinion’.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I didn’t say I believed it.

I just posted it here to see if anyone else would find it interesting.

What does spark my interest is the fact that I’ve asked about four times now whether someone can point out how he’s being grossly inaccurate or negligent or political about the topic.

So far you and Hacky have just replied by attacking him personally and suggesting that ‘lots of scientists don’t like his opinion’.
reread my first reply

I think most people that bothered to watch it would agree , the guy is presenting his opinion as fact and his opinion is nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.