Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Best you tube channel to follow for coverage.

I'm not buying his hypothesis on Italy and Iran. The Italians are too independent to follow orders, their government can't make them pay tax let alone self isolate. Iran is still in denial. Would need to see virology experts saying "we've tested and they are different strains" before I accepted that.

Last I read there have been two strains identified in China, "L" and "S" I think they have been called.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At this stage safe to say the economy is going to get smacked about regardless. At the moment the only real action that is effective against the virus is strict containment, the Chinese have demonstrated this. Containment will hurt the economy.

If people start dying that will hurt the economy too. The number one factor behind Australia's economic growth for the last 27 years has been population growth.

Kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place really. If this thing is treated seriously strict containment protocols will be progressively unrolled, the risk being that it becomes an over reaction. If this thing isn't taken too seriously and a bunch of people die, the big question will be "why didn't we do more?".
Exactly right either way its going to hurt. If i was elderly with co-mobilities i would be concerned for my health. Younger people should be concearned how are they going to ride out the economic storm.

I work in healthcare and live over 450km from syd. Believe it or not we have 1 possible cv19 case in our town. Awaiting swab results. The spread of this is quite rapid. Alot of the healthcare system despite what u may hear are extremely under prepared.

Hopefully it slows and mangement of it becomes more possible. At least slow enough so healthcare staff can be prepared properly.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not buying his hypothesis on Italy and Iran. The Italians are too independent to follow orders, their government can't make them pay tax let alone self isolate. Iran is still in denial. Would need to see virology experts saying "we've tested and they are different strains" before I accepted that.

Last I read there have been two strains identified in China, "L" and "S" I think they have been called.
Yeah, there's two strains. L and S. Both originated out of China. The L strain is believed to have developed from the S strain.

That said, both are almost identical to the point that they probably shouldn't be considered two different strains. The only real difference is that there are more cases of the L strain around which suggests that it's a more aggressive strain.

It's quite common for there to be more than one strain of a virus as viruses have a very high mutation rate. It's just that often only one strain will survive. As it's early in the development we could end up with more strains or we could end up with only one strain.

Here's some research identifying the two strains.

https://academic.oup.com/nsr/advance-article/doi/10.1093/nsr/nwaa036/5775463

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The way I see it..this is the problem..we need to change our habits peoples..Don’t fear the finger popping through..cut your nails!!!

D93C6305-458C-4F98-8A48-CB8C053B68CC.jpeg

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I have IBS, i absolutely smash through toilet paper ffs. Luckily I spotted an old lady with a pack of Toilet paper and I could easily overpower her and steal it.
Sorry to hear that Supercoach. How do you treat your verbal diarrhoea?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good stuff? That’s home brand. I’m not buying home brand tp for Sorbent prices.
Wait till you go into withdrawal and you'll pay sorbent prices for daily telegraph quality and wish you bought the homebrand when you could.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait till you go into withdrawal and you'll pay sorbent prices for daily telegraph quality and wish you bought the homebrand when you could.
Fuck that blue boost has a stock pile we shall loot his house

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nah, that will never happen. I use an oven mitt and just give it a wash every week or two. It’s more eco friendly

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nah, that will never happen. I use an oven mitt and just give it a wash every week or two. It’s more eco friendly
just make sure you don’t get your toilet oven mitt and regular oven mitt mixed up. I once gave a bunch of dinner guests typhoid and let me tell you, it really gave them the shits.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck that blue boost has a stock pile we shall loot his house
I'm sure if we went into his house we'd wind up getting caught after getting distracted by the quality of his tv or the wax job on his supercar.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
From SA Health...

We are prepared for a potential coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic spreading to South Australia.

People should be alert, but not alarmed.

Ongoing research and evidence suggests that COVID-19 presents as a mild illness in the majority of cases, with fever and cough being the most commonly reported symptoms.

Severe illness and fatalities occur more often in people who are older, have chronic conditions (e.g. cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension) or are immunocompromised (e.g. cancer, renal disease). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people may also be at increased risk.

Our hospitals are ready and prepared to respond. We have opened a COVID-19 clinic at the RAH and are planning more across metro SA. These clinics will test and treat patients outside of Emergency Departments.

There is no need to stockpile food or toilet paper. However, you may want to have a few weeks of essential items such as regular medications in case you become unwell and cannot leave your home except to seek medical treatment.

If you are well, you do not need to wear a mask unless you have been advised to do so by a medical provider. Surgical masks in the community are only helpful in preventing people who are suspected or have COVID-19 from spreading it to others.

We all have a part to play in reducing the risk of getting sick and stopping the spread of infections:
Stay home from work and school if you are unwell (e.g. don’t go shopping or use public transport until you are well).
Avoid contact with others if you are sick (particularly vulnerable people such as older persons and people with chronic medical conditions).
‍♀ If others are sick, keep your distance from them as much as possible (at least 1.5 metres), avoid close contact such as shaking hands, hugging, kissing.
Wash hands regularly, particularly after going to the toilet, blowing your nose or handling used tissues.
Cover coughs and sneezes with a clean tissue or your elbow.
✋ Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, or handling food, until you have washed your hands.
Wipe down frequently touched surfaces.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
From SA Health...

We are prepared for a potential coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic spreading to South Australia.

People should be alert, but not alarmed.

Ongoing research and evidence suggests that COVID-19 presents as a mild illness in the majority of cases, with fever and cough being the most commonly reported symptoms.

Severe illness and fatalities occur more often in people who are older, have chronic conditions (e.g. cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension) or are immunocompromised (e.g. cancer, renal disease). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people may also be at increased risk.

Our hospitals are ready and prepared to respond. We have opened a COVID-19 clinic at the RAH and are planning more across metro SA. These clinics will test and treat patients outside of Emergency Departments.

There is no need to stockpile food or toilet paper. However, you may want to have a few weeks of essential items such as regular medications in case you become unwell and cannot leave your home except to seek medical treatment.

If you are well, you do not need to wear a mask unless you have been advised to do so by a medical provider. Surgical masks in the community are only helpful in preventing people who are suspected or have COVID-19 from spreading it to others.

We all have a part to play in reducing the risk of getting sick and stopping the spread of infections:
Stay home from work and school if you are unwell (e.g. don’t go shopping or use public transport until you are well).
Avoid contact with others if you are sick (particularly vulnerable people such as older persons and people with chronic medical conditions).
‍♀ If others are sick, keep your distance from them as much as possible (at least 1.5 metres), avoid close contact such as shaking hands, hugging, kissing.
Wash hands regularly, particularly after going to the toilet, blowing your nose or handling used tissues.
Cover coughs and sneezes with a clean tissue or your elbow.
✋ Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, or handling food, until you have washed your hands.
Wipe down frequently touched surfaces.
If I do a sex we and it goes in my eyes can I wipe it off?

Status
Not open for further replies.