Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOVE Japan @MatstaDogg !! Definitely make it a destination.
Can't believe it took me 40 years to get there.

So far I've only travelled in winter; first trip was very Tokyo-centric with a side trip to Hokane for the hot springs.
Each trip we've ensured we have access to an onsen (Japanese style hot tub, either private or within the ryokan accommodation). I vaguely recall you have tattoos, so if you're interested be sure to upgrade to private onsen since tattoos are not allowed in public onsen (can check here for https://tattoo-friendly.jp/ hot-spots).
If you're into fresh powder, soaking in an onsen while snow is falling after a shredding day on the mountain is possibly one of the most relieving and tranquil experiences you could imagine!

Highly recommend Hokkaido .. ski resorts are within a couple of hours by bus.

Public transport is terrific; top rate, on time, efficient, economical and beyond clean!
Credit cards accepted in most places, but the usual strategy of changing a couple hundred $$ for Yen is beneficial for the small transactions.
7-11 has better sushi than some Japanese restaurants (outside Japan), super convenient.
Take a couple spare green grocery bags to fill with treats at the final departure airport, the snacks are amazing!

Enjoy!
Sounds great..the only exotic place I visit is North Shore Hospital!!! :fearscream:
Ps..lol!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
When we are finally able to travel overseas again, well hopefully, I have decided that I am going to pull my finger out and book a trip to Japan. Seeing as both of you guys have been there a few times I was wondering if you had any tips or places, things I should do and see? I have heard to watch out for Nigerians in Kabukichō trying to get you to go in to clubs and/or offering women. Also to watch out for host or hostess clubs charging extra and/or hidden costs on top of your orders.
I've only been far north as sendai, so @Lov_Dog Has North covered ,the Nigerians Lol they will give you no grief you say no and keep walking that's it. In cities walk down every dark and dodgey lane way that's where you find great little food places and bars plus they look cool as fuck.
Miyjima island I loved just to chill out a few days touristy as shit in the day but dead at night great to relax and take it all in ,Tokyo is awsome osaka is out of this world, Hiroshima change of pace but nice, as love dog said the 7/11 Sushi is better than most restraunts .You can have a beer and lunch there for under $5

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOVE Japan @MatstaDogg !! Definitely make it a destination.
Can't believe it took me 40 years to get there.

So far I've only travelled in winter; first trip was very Tokyo-centric with a side trip to Hokane for the hot springs.
Each trip we've ensured we have access to an onsen (Japanese style hot tub, either private or within the ryokan accommodation). I vaguely recall you have tattoos, so if you're interested be sure to upgrade to private onsen since tattoos are not allowed in public onsen (can check here for https://tattoo-friendly.jp/ hot-spots).
If you're into fresh powder, soaking in an onsen while snow is falling after a shredding day on the mountain is possibly one of the most relieving and tranquil experiences you could imagine!

Highly recommend Hokkaido .. ski resorts are within a couple of hours by bus.

Public transport is terrific; top rate, on time, efficient, economical and beyond clean!
Credit cards accepted in most places, but the usual strategy of changing a couple hundred $$ for Yen is beneficial for the small transactions.
7-11 has better sushi than some Japanese restaurants (outside Japan), super convenient.
Take a couple spare green grocery bags to fill with treats at the final departure airport, the snacks are amazing!

Enjoy!
Thanks for the info @Lov_Dog. 40 years huh, I'm almost in that boat so by the time we can travel again I could well be lol. Always had a thing for Japan and it's culture. Was meant to go a couple times in the past but unfortunate situations at the time stopped me from being able to.

I've only been far north as sendai, so @Lov_Dog Has North covered ,the Nigerians Lol they will give you no grief you say no and keep walking that's it. In cities walk down every dark and dodgey lane way that's where you find great little food places and bars plus they look cool as fuck.
Miyjima island I loved just to chill out a few days touristy as shit in the day but dead at night great to relax and take it all in ,Tokyo is awsome osaka is out of this world, Hiroshima change of pace but nice, as love dog said the 7/11 Sushi is better than most restraunts .You can have a beer and lunch there for under $5
Cheers @south of heaven for your info. I know in past threads you have mentioned your love of the place. Yes, I recall now someone saying about the lane ways to go venture through them as you can find some hidden gems to eat and have a drink. It will probably be a little while before any chance of travelling but at least it gives me time to research and plan out some stuff.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just spent a few days in Sydney ( not because I really wanted to though) with the daughter as she attended appointments at dentist etc. Actually went into a shopping centre where it was busy and got outta there as soon as possible...forgot how dingy and grubby some of the areas are. Back to car sanitized hands and changed clothes when I got back to her apartment. I kid you not....

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just spent a few days in Sydney ( not because I really wanted to though) with the daughter as she attended appointments at dentist etc. Actually went into a shopping centre where it was busy and got outta there as soon as possible...forgot how dingy and grubby some of the areas are. Back to car sanitized hands and changed clothes when I got back to her apartment. I kid you not....
I'm in no rush to go out ,can get whatever I need online and visting shops is minimal food places I go to do take away I don't feel the need to sit in there yet they still get the same amount of money off me.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
someone is doing a reno job in the aprtment across from mine, so that's a pleasant experience.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia have opened their common borders, creating the first "travel bubble" within the European Union

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia have opened their common borders, creating the first "travel bubble" within the European Union
Oddly enough, that's also the "countries with stunning women" bubble

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also isn't the ratio of women to men higher in those parts. I'm sure it was for Estonia.
Yep. And the men there are some of the ugliest men alive. But they're also all ex-military and well armed so..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Further to the reports of a Tiger being infected......should we be worried...so far no evidence of the animals infecting humans but this virus is a strange one..

https://www.9news.com.au/world/coro...ch-dog--three-cats-infected-with-virus_160520

A dog and three cats in the Netherlands have been infected with COVID-19, authorities say, the first confirmed cases involving house pets in the country.
The dog was believed to have been infected by its owner, Agriculture Minister Carola Schouten said.
"It's important that owners of house pets follow this advice: patients with COVID-19 should as a precaution avoid contact with their animals," Schouten said in a letter to parliament.
"Sick animals belonging to people with COVID-19 should be kept inside as much as possible."
Other animal infections with COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus, have been occasionally reported around the world during the current pandemic.
The Netherlands' National Institute for Health says the risk of an animal infecting humans is very small.
Last month a number of minks on a farm in the south of the Netherlands were found to have been infected with the coronavirus.
Schouten said 11 cats that lived near the farm were tested and three found to have developed antibodies to the virus, showing they had had it. None tested positive for a live infection.
The dog was described as an 8-year-old American bulldog whose owner had COVID-19. The dog was put down on April 30 due to severe breathing problems, and a blood sample showed that it had developed antibodies to the virus.
"That means that the dog had experienced an infection" of the coronavirus, the letter said. However, it had not been confirmed whether the dog's breathing problems resulted from COVID-19 or another ailment.
In February a dog in Hong Kong whose owner had the coronavirus tested "weakly positive" for the virus.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No new cases NZ, no more deaths. that’s all to folks.!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Further to the reports of a Tiger being infected......should we be worried...so far no evidence of the animals infecting humans but this virus is a strange one..

https://www.9news.com.au/world/coro...ch-dog--three-cats-infected-with-virus_160520

A dog and three cats in the Netherlands have been infected with COVID-19, authorities say, the first confirmed cases involving house pets in the country.
The dog was believed to have been infected by its owner, Agriculture Minister Carola Schouten said.
"It's important that owners of house pets follow this advice: patients with COVID-19 should as a precaution avoid contact with their animals," Schouten said in a letter to parliament.
"Sick animals belonging to people with COVID-19 should be kept inside as much as possible."
Other animal infections with COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus, have been occasionally reported around the world during the current pandemic.
The Netherlands' National Institute for Health says the risk of an animal infecting humans is very small.
Last month a number of minks on a farm in the south of the Netherlands were found to have been infected with the coronavirus.
Schouten said 11 cats that lived near the farm were tested and three found to have developed antibodies to the virus, showing they had had it. None tested positive for a live infection.
The dog was described as an 8-year-old American bulldog whose owner had COVID-19. The dog was put down on April 30 due to severe breathing problems, and a blood sample showed that it had developed antibodies to the virus.
"That means that the dog had experienced an infection" of the coronavirus, the letter said. However, it had not been confirmed whether the dog's breathing problems resulted from COVID-19 or another ailment.
In February a dog in Hong Kong whose owner had the coronavirus tested "weakly positive" for the virus.
I wouldn't worry too much. They tested it by infecting dogs, cats and ferrets and found that dogs have a very low infection rate while cats and ferrets have a high infection rate. But none of those animals were able to infect a human.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.