Corey Wadell

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waddell, like Mahoney would make less errors and missed tackles if they weren’t trying to show up in positions on the field that other players should be responsible for.

These effort plays are recognised by the coaches - they are not assessed through the lens of a fan.

Bottom line is that when a try is conceded it’s not always the guy that missed the last tackle that is responsible

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I thought he went ok this year
The mistakes are a big issue. We make a lot and we can't defend them. Waddell makes stupid mistakes and for this team it's the difference between building into a game and having 3 trys put on is in 10min. Unfortunately he has that in him and for a seasoned pro it's not good enough. He doesn't start for me and maybe a bench player but he will be on low coin or he goes. What he offers in attack is negated by his errors and more. The errors cost points but he doesn't score or create tries.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waddell, like Mahoney would make less errors and missed tackles if they weren’t trying to show up in positions on the field that other players should be responsible for.

These effort plays are recognised by the coaches - they are not assessed through the lens of a fan.

Bottom line is that when a try is conceded it’s not always the guy that missed the last tackle that is responsible
Moved on from Gary Dowling to Steven Folks in his Aussie jersey.

Nice .... like your taste in players.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

100%

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The mistakes are a big issue. We make a lot and we can't defend them. Waddell makes stupid mistakes and for this team it's the difference between building into a game and having 3 trys put on is in 10min. Unfortunately he has that in him and for a seasoned pro it's not good enough. He doesn't start for me and maybe a bench player but he will be on low coin or he goes. What he offers in attack is negated by his errors and more. The errors cost points but he doesn't score or create tries.
His diciplin majorly improved for 2023. Not that is anything to get excited about, dont really care if he stays or goes.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Average first grader. If we keep him ok but not excited about it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Same type of player as Oki. Better off setting some professional standards for 2024 and not have players who put pressure on the others and get us behind the 8 ball on so many occasions throughout games.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He makes mistakes, but he does a lot of good stuff too. The reality is, we are lacking in middles and he can play there. I wouldn't be surprised if we re-signed him

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we keep him it needs to be as a middle. I thought he had a decent year to be honest.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Waddell, Edwards Morrin, probably only room for one in the side, but I would keep the other two for depth. Thing is Waddell will be a top 30 player somewhere and if thats at the Dogs, either Edwards or Morrin won't be top 30.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of posters dont like Waddell, but I'm not sure why. He has a few mistakes in him, but so do a lot of seasoned footy players.
If a player makes an error by trying to do something, it is acceptable. It is preferable to the players who do not try to do something,
and we have our share of them. Apart from Preston he has been our best forward. Must be signed again.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of posters dont like Waddell, but I'm not sure why. He has a few mistakes in him, but so do a lot of seasoned footy players.
If a player makes an error by trying to do something, it is acceptable. It is preferable to the players who do not try to do something,
and we have our share of them. Apart from Preston he has been our best forward. Must be signed again.
You'd think that he'd be pretty cheap and sure has an error or two in him but the guy is a toiler and puts his hand up to do the stuff no one wants to do.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I'd keep him

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Making an error / missing a tackle while trying to make a tackle can not be acceptable. These aren’t the standards we need to succeed. Waddell was the cause of many opposition tries this past season. I understand all players make errors but it was way too many from Waddell. I gotta admit though, his attack did improve this season but it’s his defence / number of errors that was of concern

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You’d think by now he would have been re-signed unless the two parties are at war over how many years in the deal

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Waddell averaged 0.41 mistakes per game this year (Preston averaged 0.75). Waddell scored 4 tries (only 5 dogs players scored more) and had one try assist. Preston scored 6 tries with 0 assists. Not much difference between them in terms of tries scored/ created.

Waddell was easily our best metre eater all year, whereas Preston was easily our best defender. Those two were by far and away the best players at the club this year.

Geez, you guys sure don't let the truth get in the way of a good story lol

We are mad if we don't sgn Waddell.... especially given the fact we are losing quite a few forwards and not making many significant gains. He played his butt off this year and won't break the bank. Really do not understands the criticism he cops.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You’d think by now he would have been re-signed unless the two parties are at war over how many years in the deal
Low key worried, fam. Why on earth would they not re-sign him? It's nuts.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Making an error / missing a tackle while trying to make a tackle can not be acceptable. These aren’t the standards we need to succeed. Waddell was the cause of many opposition tries this past season. I understand all players make errors but it was way too many from Waddell. I gotta admit though, his attack did improve this season but it’s his defence / number of errors that was of concern
0.41 errors per game.... 14th most errors in the team....but yeah, way too many. Waddell was excellent this year, in terms of effort, output, discipline and ball control. I don't think you guys even watch, you just judge based on preconceived prejudices.