Corey Wadell

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not every player can be a superstar, you need the no-nonsense honest toilers who can set the platform for the superstar to shine.
Wadell has struck me as such a toiler
I agree not everyone needs to be a superstar. But how good would it be if we just had one superstar at the club!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually think he could be a good prop simplifying his game ,he started one time at prop looked ok

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
But we have been trying to offload him for years.....Probably played better this year cause was looking for a new contract.
Whta do you think of maybe giving him s 1 year deal but at an inflated rate? We know he is on about 200, but maybe give him 450? one year deal. We are seriously underspenfing the cap anyway and itll keeo him on his toes

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
There has been so much speculation and bullshit floating around about who we have or haven't signed, and I think most of it has been generated by Gus, I don't think anyone besides Gus and Ciraldo have a fucking clue what our side will look like until November 1st, If we do keep Wadell I hope he can improve his unforced error rate and get the brain farts out of his game.
He made 9 errors in 22 games this year. That's a huge improvement and very impressive for a forward taking hard carries.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He was better this year but he has more bad games than good ones and still has too many errors and brain explosions in his game. It looks like he's on the way out and I think that's the right decision as much as I love his effort..
More bad games than good....lol he was literally one of our top two players this season, and was arguably our best.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Best forward at the club. If Gus lets him go, he really has lost the plot.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Wads and Preston worked their way out of the red, IMO lol
Preston stands alone. Wads was 50/50 imo which is more than I can say for every other Bulldogs forward this year. I'd throw him a bone. But I'm trimming the fat off it ffs

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waddell shouldn’t be considered for anything more than depth. We need to aim higher

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Which would scream "WE ARE NOT SERIOUS" more? Re-signing Waddell, or continuing to select Perham at Fullback?

Waddell: "one of our better performers"# ;
from the same people that brought you: "Perham has come of age as a Fullback" after making one break in the final game of a busted season. Puhlease!!! [but he's a good talker - forget who told me that]

We have prematurely sacrificed far too many kids with potential on the altar of "nah, not good enough" to be hanging onto proven plodders that are, and have been for years now, going absolutely nowhere.

This Zombie of Mediocrity that the Dogs have adopted in lieu of a culture needs a stake through the forehead and two bullets to the chest (always double-tap).

# Even if it were true (yeah, righto), F@rrrk! Damning with faint praise much?
this is all fine. but who is he actually replace by in your scenario? 2 starting edges obvioulsy kiks and preston. but who are the back-ups? who are the lower grade backrows filled with?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With the limited availability of replacements, I'd be ok with retaining him another year if he's willing to do it for the right price.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
but who is he actually replace by in your scenario?
Quick answer:
* Kikau & Preston (as you say).
* Moron & Edwards (who are both better)
* Kautoga (who was picked to develop, see how he goes)
* RFM (if we can't offload) & Reece the Ranger (because Gus just won't let go) - both about Waddell's potential.

If you think he's Front Row cover, then either of Sam Hughes or IMB from the existing group, or any of the journeyman props we're looking at (eg Twal) are superior uses of his Top 30 spot and cap space.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably him and Avo the only 2 that showed improvement this year.
His discipline much better than previous years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
More bad games than good....lol he was literally one of our top two players this season, and was arguably our best.
Yes more bad games than good. He's an average player. He had a game with 9 missed tackles this year and 5 other games with 5 missed tackles. You make him sound like a flawless, consistent player..

The fact that he still remains unsigned by us or any other club confirms how average he is.. Our whole team stunk, so even if he was one of our better forwards most games, it's a very low bar and doesn't mean he's worth keeping.. Especially when he was so shit the previous two years with us.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree not everyone needs to be a superstar. But how good would it be if we just had one superstar at the club!
Ahhh, what we wouldn't give for just one "X" factor...

Reactions: CMP

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve always been on the fence with Waddell. If he continued to clean up the little errors and penalties in his game then he would be handy depth. If given a simple role of head down and bum up, run and tackle hard then I’d consider. I’m sure he had a very attractive contract last time around with Baz handing one of his favourites a decent chunk of change (and having to spend 95% of the Salary Cap), But needs to be around the $150-$200k mark to be a value signing for the squad.