Rumour Corey Waddell signed with us for 2021

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is such a poo signing lol. If we wanted a budget backrower then go for someone like Host who offers a little more. Also what's doing with Stimson? Like fuck me

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is such a poo signing lol. If we wanted a budget backrower then go for someone like Host who offers a little more. Also what's doing with Stimson? Like fuck me
I assume he’s getting fatter by the day?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I assume he’s getting fatter by the day?
I know right, he has struggled massively since his I think his neck Injury with the Storm...then rocks up to us and looks fat as fuck and only gets worse.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Host signed with Souths. Waddell is a solid player but it's hard to get excited about a signing like this, especially when our spine still has yet to be addressed aside from a soon to be 34 year old half with a torn ACL...

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon he will be sweet. He’s from Temora and ex St Greg’s boy like Baz. Same town same school etc. will probably be captain next year :tearsofjoy: but in all honesty if he gets himself fit he is good on an edge has foot work and and offload hopefully comes back a bit lighter and injury free.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering Elliott and Doorey will probably be our edge forwards next year, Waddell is probably a depth signing.

We need to fill the squad with some backup players.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Considering Elliott and Doorey will probably be our edge forwards next year, Waddell is probably a depth signing.

We need to fill the squad with some backup players.
No, we need to fill the squad with quality and the rest make up the depth. We've spent years paying too much money on squad players when we should've been buying top 13 players. Rubbish recruitment.

The salary cap excuse has also proven to be nothing but absolute shit considering the current adminstration has signed or re-signed pretty much every **** on the roster.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Theres a guy named Jack Murchie at Warriors. He had a blinder yesterday. He would be good for us. Not certain of his availability.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Theres a guy named Jack Murchie at Warriors. He had a blinder yesterday. He would be good for us. Not certain of his availability.
Played really well against us as too.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, we need to fill the squad with quality and the rest make up the depth. We've spent years paying too much money on squad players when we should've been buying top 13 players. Rubbish recruitment.

The salary cap excuse has also proven to be nothing but absolute shit considering the current adminstration has signed or re-signed pretty much every c*** on the roster.
Sorry that’s what I meant, I think I worded it wrong.

It’s a stupid signing, but it’s most likely for depth.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So was Napa technically, he played one game last year. If they aren't a current representative player for NSW/QLD in Origin or AUS/NZ in international football (as in likely to get picked) it doesn't mean shit.

Saying that, I actually think Ofahengaue would be a decent signing (especially if Broncos chip in 100k or so). A Welch would be better tho. After that not many options.
Said it a million times, Crapa is a dirty bench player at best, Roosters made him look good.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Said it a million times, Crapa is a dirty bench player at best, Roosters made him look good.
I was so against this signing. Just a big brain dead slug and knew we would rue the decision to help out the Rorters by taking him off their cap!

Dumb dogs!

(Hate bagging individual players but this guy has 90% played like this forever, except run up to SOO a few years back and our dumb management fell for it)

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was so against this signing. Just a big brain dead slug and knew we would rue the decision to help out the Rorters by taking him off their cap!

Dumb dogs!

(Hate bagging individual players but this guy has 90% played like this forever, except run up to SOO a few years back and our dumb management fell for it)
Agree. Why did the Roosters let him go. It wasn't because of salary cap pressures - it was because he is shit. That should always be a red flag for a club when they sign a player.

Raiders didn't want to lose Cotric so he is potentially a good signing. Panthers don't want to lose Burton or Staines so they would be good signings. DWZ and Napa are crap signings because their old clubs didn't want them