Official Corey Waddell should win the Doc George Peponis player of the year award

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Again I find your comments a bit on the dramatic side, plus your back to small picture thinking again ..

Waddell has picked up towards the last 10/12 rounds of this season, I agree with you on that ….. but looking at the bigger picture he was nothing on King who after injuries to TPJ and Thompson early on practically carried this team on his back every game for at least 1/2 way through the season until he busted himself doing it … go back earlier this season and Waddell was his usual self, all feet for hands and dumb penalties .. but he has improved, should be kept for depth …
WTF? Why can’t you just make an argument without making your petty little potshots?

Waddell started the season in great form, had a few off games and got dropped for no good reason, then came back in and started playing really good footy again.

Comparing him to King is an insult, tbh. Waddell has been consistently better than King all season and I don’t believe King has sustained an injury serious enough to justify his drop in form. Wads has well and truly outplayed him this year.

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF? Why can’t you just make an argument without making your petty little potshots?

Waddell started the season in great form, had a few off games and got dropped for no good reason, then came back in and started playing really good footy again.

Comparing him to King is an insult, tbh. Waddell has been consistently better than King all season and I don’t believe King has sustained an injury serious enough to justify his stop in form. Wads has well and truly outplayed him this year.
I call it how it is mate, when trying to push your point hard your comments can be a bit over dramatised and you tend to see things in short term pictures … nothing wrong with that, it’s why people get ticked of at you, you exasperate your point.

If you didn’t see King carrying this team on his back for the first half of the season until the Plantar Fasciitis and the cracked sternum got the better of him, you weren’t watching …

Last edited:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I may be unpopular with this suggestion but I'd like to see Renyolds get some recognition for his efforts.

His comeback was timely and much needed on and off the pitch.
I don’t think it would be possible to achieve the success we have, without him. If the Matilda’s can get a statue for losing three games, imagine how big Reynolds will be after losing for 12 years. Statue of Liberty about to look real small

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t think it would be possible to achieve the success we have, without him. If the Matilda’s can get a statue for losing three games, imagine how big Reynolds will be after losing for 12 years. Statue of Liberty about to look real small
He he he faaaaark I can just see it now, next season if the losses are coming thick and fast Gould will go into appease mode once more with the unveiling of the Josh Renyolds 4eva statue at the front gate at Belmore.

He'll be on the shoulders of Steve Mortimer and Terry Lamb giving the crowd a thumbs up with a tear running down his cheek.

But yeah he absolutely delivered on his promises to bring back a winning culture to this team and teach the current playing group to fight and scrap to their dying breath in true bull dogs fashion

And I etcetera lol.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I call it how it is mate, when trying to push your point hard your comments can be a bit over dramatised and you tend to see things in short term pictures … nothing wrong with that, it’s why people get ticked of at you, you exasperate your point.

If you didn’t see King carrying this team on his back for the first half of the season until the Plantar Fasciitis and the cracked sternum got the better of him, you weren’t watching …
Lol you accuse me of being melodramatic, then in the same post try to argue King carried the team on his back…. As of others like Preston and Waddell weren’t playing great footy. I had to laugh at that.

King should have well and truly recovered from his injuries by now. He has been very underwhelming,

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol you accuse me of being melodramatic, then in the same post try to argue King carried the team on his back…. As of others like Preston and Waddell weren’t playing great footy. I had to laugh at that.

King should have well and truly recovered from his injuries by now. He has been very underwhelming,
Ok if you want proof, start a poll ….

Ask TK the question, who carried the team on their back more

Max King for the 1st 1/2 of the season ..

Corey Waddell for the 2nd 1/2 of the season ..

Then you can get your answer and see who’s right ..

As for kings injuries, I don’t think he’s even stopped playing through them has he … you have no idea whether he should have recovered by now or not, or whether he’s picked up any others … unsupported melodramatic comment to try and prove your point …

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say okunbor. Best defender. High iq player. Sad to see him go.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ok if you want proof, start a poll ….

Ask TK the question, who carried the team on their back more

Max King for the 1st 1/2 of the season ..

Corey Waddell for the 2nd 1/2 of the season ..

Then you can get your answer and see who’s right ..

As for kings injuries, I don’t think he’s even stopped playing through them has he … you have no idea whether he should have recovered by now or not, or whether he’s picked up any others … unsupported melodramatic comment to try and prove your point …
Lol right… if you want an objective, scientific opinion, just poll the kennel

Lol

Judging from the comments on this thread, I don’t think TK is on your side on this one, anyway.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1 bad game rules you out but when Okunbur and co have 1 GOOD game it’s a big celebration