Official Corey Waddell should win the Doc George Peponis player of the year award

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

averaged 106m running a game, 90% tackle efficiency, pretty decent imo
Could be missed, however we have a lot of back rowers. Am not sure how many could put in grubbers to score though.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Mixed feelings about this one. He definitely improved this year. Would have been happy to sign him on a min 1-2 year deal. Without him we would have been even more screwed this year. We must have made some decent signings to not at least match Manly's offer or offer 2 years as a counter.
In other news manly is really building a motely crew over there. Absolutely stacked with Mids.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

averaged 106m running a game, 90% tackle efficiency, pretty decent imo
Could be missed, however we have a lot of back rowers. Am not sure how many could put in grubbers to score though.
Sorry mate….. I can honestly say he won’t be missed!

3yrs he’s been here…. Can you name me 3 games where he stole the show or turned the game our way?

I bet you can’t….

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

3yrs he’s been here…. Can you name me 3 games where he stole the show or turned the game our way?
hopefully that's true

Can't do so, however consistent effort and meter making is something our forward pack lacks. He doesn't throw pies like max king either.

Although apparently max runs as much and makes more tackles.. https://www.bulldogs.com.au/teams/nrl-premiership/canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs/max-king/ 107m per game average

Josh curran averages 61m per game, however they don't show how many minutes played which would be useful

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t see why he wouldn’t be offered a one year extension he was one of our best and that’s saying something. He can cover in the middle also as we have f all their even depth. He isn’t gona just walk into the manly side. Anyway hope some decent replacements are announced soon

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hopefully that's true

Can't do so, however consistent effort and meter making is something our forward pack lacks. He doesn't throw pies like max king either.

Although apparently max runs as much and makes more tackles.. https://www.bulldogs.com.au/teams/nrl-premiership/canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs/max-king/ 107m per game average

Josh curran averages 61m per game, however they don't show how many minutes played which would be useful
Curran had a lot of games from the bench with v limited mins this yr. Those stats dont reflect the numbers he can pump out

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
hopefully that's true

Hard to compare metres gained as they both played different roles in their team, but King averaged 52 mins per game and Curran 46 last season. This was down for both on their previous season.

Curran was not first option for hit ups so obviously didn’t get as many on average which makes it hard to compare the two properly.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hard to compare metres gained as they both played different roles in their team, but King averaged 52 mins per game and Curran 46 last season. This was down for both on their previous season.

Curran was not first option for hit ups so obviously didn’t get as many on average which makes it hard to compare the two properly.
was more from a concern as to who would make meters instead.

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thanks for your service Corey. Dicks for hands early on but couldn't fault his effort and commitment. It was never him writing his name on the team sheet first each week. Adios amigo

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hopefully that's true

Waddell had his best year but regardless of stats he doesn't have any affect on games. I reckon he's very replaceable and not the future. Curren's got some impact and would definitely be an upgrade IMO. Fitness might be a problem cause I'm not sure why he hasn't had more starts in FG. Good luck to Waddell, he kept trying at least.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bet you can’t….
The Tino eye gouge was probably his highlight for me.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope he does not come back to haunt us like Vaughan did.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He will defo run over some mug like Burton for a try against us next year you can book it