Corey Thompson - Take a bow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In a beaten side tonight, I thought he played very well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure he's crossed the line every game at least once for us.

His early games debuting for the Dogs people had people questioning him (in last Panthers game), but since then, raised enough concern that the Panthers shifted Simmons to the other wing, and had Josh Mansour (one of the games more potent wingers) lining up against Thompson.

Thompson did not disappoint.

Tonight he showed in open space just how quick he is (something I'd been saying for a while).
Tonight he showed once the ability to almost get out of goal in an impossible situation.
Tonight he showed some brilliant footwork and turn of pace to wrongfoot Mansour and half of Panthers backs to get out of the ingoal area.
Tonight he took a few really nice high balls.

I don't know how many times I have to say it... a potentially VERY good fullback is staring us right in the face, and given a solid off season, could be even better again.

Dogs need to sign Corey up past this year, as no doubt other clubs will start circling.

Full Strength
1. Thompson
2. Perrett
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Stanley

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Man that was some effort to get out of ingoal area.... top player!

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There are 3 kinds of people when it comes to Corey Thompson I think.

1. Those who can see he is talented, very quick and agile
2. The vision impaired
3. Those with no idea

(just my opinion however)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Btw I too would love to see him playing in position at fullback.

Not that Perrett is not doing the job, but he is a winger and should play on the wing.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone can see thompson will make a decent fist of the fb position except the guy thats getting paid a motza to execute the move. He would support up the middle and his footwork would brain them around tired forwards.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not just that, he's starting to show a real eye for where defenders are.. that's something that's hard to coach and the sign of a smart footballer.

Like he'll kick when it's appropriate to clear the ball.

I can see him backing up through the middle and using some really nice insight to chip or grubber to himself.

I think theres "one of those spectacular tries" that will eventually come from Thompson.... it's just when.

If Des won't do it I'll have to fire up Rugby League 2 and do it myself :lol:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Perrett either lines up at fb or plays nsw cup.

Thompson is very solid.

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
I've always rejected Thompson as Fullback, but after the panthers game, time to give him a go at fullback! Thompson and Lafai were the only 2 backs that player good in attack!! That's what we're missing in our guideline, out backline is always reshuffling and we can't we attack properly!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your spot on thompson was awesome last night once again and just gets better and better we better lock him up

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
The determination to get out of in goal was great, even though one of them turned out bad, I still liked his enthusiasm. Even Jarhead Haynes would have run right out to the dead ball area. He needs to fullback, wouldn't let anybody down.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thompson has quickly become one of my favourite players. I've said it a thousand times but he reminds me so much of El Masri.

If Des won't do it I'll have to fire up Rugby League 2 and do it myself :lol:
Hahaha I feel like doing the same!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
i can't understand why he has not got a shot at fb ffs

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I too, think thommo is better suited to fullback.
The only reason I can see for him not getting a go, is if he trialled there in the pre-season and struggled.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i can't understand why he has not got a shot at fb ffs
Completely agree. Taking nothing away from Perret who is an absolute professional but Thompson could be the game breaker at fb we need. Give him a shot. Nothing to lose. Even just some time at the back like roosters do with RTS and Mini.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Had a great game..really gave his all!

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've always liked this kid, he is full of energy, comes in at the right time, reminds me so much of El masri except Thompson is quicker and it so good to finally see a bulldogs winger back his speed rather then just cut back in like brown and co do

Status
Not open for further replies.