Corey Norman Off Contract - Worth A Shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With our continued failure to fire in our halves, am I the only one that thinks that we should have a crack at getting him to the Dogs? Currently better than what we got, although not sure if an attacking half will suit Des style.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No thanks, we already have two 5/8's we need a genuine 7. Normans kicking game was made to look astute last night as our wingers don't have any urgency.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
wont make a difference who u stick in with the current gameplan

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
I think that Cronk would suit our structure imo.

Like legit if we had two Cooper Cronks as halves we would be the best team in the comp because he plays the footy Des likes by doing everything on the high percentage side but doing it well.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
At this stage buying any new players is a waste of money until the coach problem is dealt with.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
if mbye is asking 800-900k and we are actually considering paying that ludicrous amount for a bag full of potential and speed and fuck all else then norman is worth the mill he is asking.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He did prove last night he is a better number 7 or 6 than what we got. I'm sure des could find away to coach that out of him lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think that Cronk would suit our structure imo.

Like legit if we had two Cooper Cronks as halves we would be the best team in the comp because he plays the footy Des likes by doing everything on the high percentage side but doing it well.
Not really. Cronk does love structure but he goes to line with options around him and has multiple variations on the same play. Cronk would struggle big time under our structures as he simply won't have these options around him. Players like Jack Bird or Dugan would be better suited to this style of play imo.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Eels wont let Norman go.

Cronk is a great player, but hasnt got too many seasons left. So it would be against any building for the future plans to get him, more of an instant fix, and we would need to adjust to losing him not far in the future. I can see us being happy about it for a short time, but all crying in a few years when he retired. Back to square 1 then.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eels wont let Norman go.

Cronk is a great player, but hasnt got too many seasons left. So it would be against any building for the future plans to get him, more of an instant fix, and we would need to adjust to losing him not far in the future. I can see us being happy about it for a short time, but all crying in a few years when he retired. Back to square 1 then.
I would give anything to be happy for a season! I reckon with cronk we are a chance to win the comp.

Bluewhite93

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we sign Cronk, Thurston,Coote, and Norman we still would play shit under our supercoach

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
No thank you. We don't need another plodder in the halves.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Why don't we just sign JT to 2 million a year just to coach our halves before this club spending cap kicks in. Better than paying any useless half nearly a million a year on hopes and dreams that they actually have talent and skill.

Actually fuck it. Just pay JT to coach the whole team.

rikstar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Parra need to shed $500k with in their salary cap and negotiations with Norman have stalled. Should we go all in? I'm saying hell yeah!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.