Corey Hughes 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

atomic_crimson

sometimes having the heart isnt good enough! whilst i agree on some comments.. corey is a liabilty (if thats the right word) we need some decent hookers... and a suitable replacement halfback... yeh i know he won us the penrith semi... if he could repeat that in 70% of his games then keep him but he barely repeats it in 20% of gaems

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Corey Hughes' 40/20 would not of meant **** if it wasnt for Grimaldi and Harris making at least 10 000 try saving tackles

just remember that

A

atomic_crimson

harris can eat **** for all i care.. the guy is just as bad for wanting out to seek new challenges during our injury crisis

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
still didnt stop him from playing a huge part to take the Bulldogs to the premiership last year

what about Steve Price? he never had to leave the Bulldogs and im more than certain management wanted to keep him until retirement

otherwise they wouldnt of gave him captaincy

A

atomic_crimson

price left when his contract was up.. not re-sign then three months later in the middle of a massive injury crisis decide he needs new challenges.... there is your difference...

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Corey Hughes lifts in the finals.

dc_bull

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
must keep corey these players step up when needed. he has been there and done that..

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I would want to leave the Bulldogs mid season for more money also if my centre spot was being taken by JAMAaL LoL-esi

why didnt the Bulldogs just sign Luke Priddis while the offer was their?

A

atomic_crimson

well jamaal had his spot last year before he got injured... so what did he expect... shoulda just left when his contract was up...

ah well... we need a better hooker than hughes....

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
False leb Jammal was excellent in 2004. But in 2005 all he was thinking about was the schoolies season when he finally moves up to Surfers to play for the Gold Coast Miniskirts.

dc_bull

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
jammal was a waste 2004 was his only good season now time 2 join the tigers.
im glad he left..... time to bring our juniors?

Sonny

Waterboy
Reaction score
Corey did not win us the semi against Panthers 04. The best 3 players for that game were Mason, SBW, and Matuia. He did 2 good things that game and I was cheering him on like crazy, however there is a hugh element of luck with what he did. Firstly the 40/20 was a couple of inches from out on the full. The ball actually mis-cued off his boot but great result for us anyway. Secondly the break he made after Preston Campbell ran out of his line and went for the intercept was lucky. If Corey was more skillful, he would have drawn the fullback and send Tonga flying for the try. Instead he threw a wobbly causing Tonga is slow down and then caught by Wesser. As it turned out Wesser was sin binned and the rest was history. Once again great result for us with a bit of luck instead pure good play. I am not bagging Corey because he truely loves the Dogs like all of us here but IMO we can go even better without him in the top squad. I'd rather have a young kid with potential in his place.

dc_bull

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah i agree
but players like corey hughes and tony grimaldi are vital to this team but r u sure we will be willing to take risks with outting some young guy in there. i think there are some very good young talent in jesey flegg & premier league and maybe they will have an oppotunity but at the end of the day bro u have 2 be realistic and say that corey hughes is the most favoured player 2 take the no.9 jersey or bench . i dont really think that steve folkes will throw in a young guy he will stick with experinence.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
hughes deserves his spot, & alot of unjust criticism imo. sure he's no andrew johns or danny buderus, but atleast he gives 100% week in week out. it's not like he's asking 4 mega bucks either. the guys got experience & wen u got another player like adam perry who's always ruled out injured with ass or ankle strains, then we need him even more.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
angryogre said:
worst player in the NRL
How'd you come to that conclusion. He's not the best player but certainly not the worst

BornBlueNWhite

ChocChipMuffin
Reaction score
I think some of you are forgetting that Corey Hughes was responsible for the 2004 grand final win.

I distinctly remember that at half time the bulldogs were not looking too good.
But after some solid nose picking by hughes (caught on camera during half time) every trick sort of stuck for Bulldogs in the second half of the game and they went on to be Premiers.

I say keep Hughes - his nose pickings bring us luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.