Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Leinu is extended. Mwz is not even in top 30. I mean our two expensive there in cotric and addo carr are on less than foran was alone

Tolman covers the rest no doubt lol so sad our bad our cap was handled.

Not to mention flops like montoya holland decent guys like cogger r Smith etc.

Wait till we sign another actual gun. Can’t wait for Napa and hoppa money to hopefully land b Smith and some quality prop !!!

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Where do Souths train?
That is key actually because Fox wants to be with his fam in western Sydney.

training at Redfern would be impractical
Bulldogs fan here: hey nasheed, why do you copy me. You sissy ! Why haven’t you been banned, lame ass mofo! Does your mum tuck you into bed still? Change your bed sheet every morning ....... weeeeeeeee

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Canterbury size up rising Rabbitoh Allan with three-year offer
Dan Walsh NRL.com Reporter
Thu 7 Jan 2021, 10:05 AM

Queensland Origin fullback Corey Allan is the latest target of Trent Barrett's Belmore rebuild with the Bulldogs discussing an immediate shift for the rising Rabbitoh.

Allan is understood to have a three-year offer in the works to join Canterbury in 2021, having entered discussions with South Sydney's permission.

Neither club has commented on Allan's future, however, it's understood talks are progressing well and could result in Allan arriving at Canterbury before the end of the month.

The 22-year-old has had Wayne Bennett's permission to explore his options elsewhere since the end of the 2020 season, which saw Allan's stocks rise in rapid fashion.

Having impressed as Latrell Mitchell's fullback replacement the Rabbitohs reluctantly acknowledged he would have to move on to wear his favoured No.1 jumper.

Canterbury presents an opportunity to do just that given Barrett's ongoing overhaul since arriving from Penrith.

The three-year deal in front of Allan would tie him to the Bulldogs until the end of 2023 and see him join the likes of Nick Cotric, Kyle Flanagan and Jack Hetherington as off-season recruits.

NSW Origin star Josh Addo-Carr is also due to arrive from Melbourne in 2022 alongside Panthers playmaker Matt Burton, with Penrith insisting he will not be released early to join Canterbury.

Allan's signing would likely see him take up the fullback role that has been rotated between Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Will Hopoate and Nick Meaney in recent seasons.

Allan made his Origin debut under Bennett as the Maroons No.1 in their game three upset of NSW.

Addo-Carr had indicated during talks with Wests Tigers that he also desired a switch to the back, with an initial Tigers offer including financial incentives that would be unlocked if he played a certain number of games at fullback.

It's understood that no such incentives exist in Addo-Carr's four-year Bulldogs deal, and that no commitment was made for him to take up a fullback role.

Go Dogs
The last paragraph is good to hear

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s the club not being sold on Averillo I think it’s more of a case of covering all bases. I can’t remember if it was Hill or Tbaz that said they were looking for long term solutions with player recruitment and it was the reason why Benji wasn’t considered. Bringing in Allan gives us more flexibility in the spine and a long term player.

Worst case scenario is we will have Averillo, Allan or Burton not playing in their preferred position and they can slot in straight away if there’s an injury. The ball is in Averillo’s court this year he could cause a massive headache for Tbaz if he performs.
How can anyone be sold on Averillo? He has Potential for sure but to have him start in the spine is a big ask. It’s not like he’s a boom young gun like ponga was etc

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How can anyone be sold on Averillo? He has Potential for sure but to have him start in the spine is a big ask. It’s not like he’s a boom young gun like ponga was etc
It’s not just what he has shown on the field he has been in the clubs system for years so they will have a very good idea what his attitude and work ethic is like. They did just re-sign him so that says a lot. Considering the alternatives at 5/8 it’s a no brainer to start him there in round 1.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s not just what he has shown on the field he has been in the clubs system for years so they will have a very good idea what his attitude and work ethic is like. They did just re-sign him so that says a lot. Considering the alternatives at 5/8 it’s a no brainer to start him there in round 1.
We all know deep down who will start at 5/8 come round 1 and the kennel will go into melt down. Haha

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m thinking

2021:

1. Allan
6. Averillo
7. Flanagan

2022:
1. Averillo
3. Allan (replacing Hoppa)
6. Burton
7. Flanagan

That’s depending on how well they play in 2021
Or maybe Averillo moves to 14 to replace the best utility in the world JMK. Averillo should be able to cover most positions in the backline (in case of injury). He is very raw and probably another season or two away from cementing a spot.

Penrith used May off the bench, maybe Barrett might do something similar.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going a bit off topic regarding Lewis I can't believe how many people on the Bulldogs fan pages on Facebook rave about Lewis I cringe every time I see a comment about him or them suggesting him to move to hooker or lock its laughable hahaha
I dont mind him playing hooker or lock, just as long as it is for someone else!!

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Going a bit off topic regarding Lewis I can't believe how many people on the Bulldogs fan pages on Facebook rave about Lewis I cringe every time I see a comment about him or them suggesting him to move to hooker or lock its laughable hahaha
I agree that Lewis is not the answer anywhere in the spine. If he is going to play another position then imho it would be in the centres where he has played occasionally in the lower grades. It would however be a stretch even though it would be mainly to bolster the defence because we know defence is his strength and the centres are THE KEY defensive positions in the backline on each side of the paddock.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that Lewis is not the answer anywhere in the spine. If he is going to play another position then imho it would be in the centres where he has played occasionally in the lower grades. It would however be a stretch even though it would be mainly to bolster the defence because we know defence is his strength and the centres are THE KEY defensive positions in the backline on each side of the paddock.
Lewis would be a terrible centre. His 1-on-1 defence is good but his decision making in defence is shocking (look at his stats for try causes - he nearly leads the comp in that department). He is also too slow so he would get eaten alive by the quicker centres. His best position is the same as mine...on the couch