Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Look harder then. There's been a Barba comparison, "he's the QLD fullback" and other completely false claims regarding his speed, experience, etc.

Like I said I get people are excited but stop making ridiculous claims. He has played 29 games with most of them being dead average. Had a good spell at fullback towards the end when he got back into the team and that's it. He's also in the Hoppa/Boyd mould of fullbacks and we know how well liked Hoppa is on here.
He's young enthusiastic has good hands and footwork ,good skill base ,is hard to handle ,usually breaks the first tackle and we need players like that, he goes ok in my book ,welcome corey youll be a great improvement on what we had and still have.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corey played well at fullback when South’s smashed the Roosters 60-8 late last season. Was good to watch.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People on here going on about speed,what about the fact he’s only 22,played state of origin,and was a real attacking weapon for south’s last year,and from highlights I’ve seen certainly doesn’t look slow to me,great signing.
I agree mate, fuck the few negative nancy's i agree that he will be good for us and it looks to me highly likely will play at fullback..could he turn into a gun there? we shall see.I dont think he is either slow or quick but if he needs to gain some pace i'm sure that can be worked on, still it's not a huge factor imo.

As for what happens in '22 if he has consolidated that position? who knows but that's why Baz gets the big bucks, to put the best team on the park and positionally have them 100% on point and knowing their roles.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always was a Second rower. Only moved to wing by Des cause of shortages. I think he should go back to the pigs.
In that case why not a wide backrower?
He could be devastating with ball in hand, just dont know what his passing/distribution would be like there..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's young enthusiastic has good hands and footwork ,good skill base ,is hard to handle ,usually breaks the first tackle and we need players like that, he goes ok in my book ,welcome corey youll be a great improvement on what we had and still have.
Yes I agree and have said he's a solid player and is better than most in our backline, but people claiming he's more than that need to reign it in and stop smoking about me being negative because I don't follow their made up stories. We also don't know what sort of coin were paying... reportedly on 330k @ Souths and was looking for 500-600k... hopefully we're paying no where near that and closer to what he was earning at Souths.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
5 tries in 10 games. 6 or 7 try assists and running for around 150m per game. They are pretty handy stats. As long as he is safe under the high ball. His defence isn’t immaculate as his tackle effectiveness is only around 60-65% for his career. But that stat can be misleading. Because I guess all he needs to do As a fullback is hold someone up until help arrives. Then if he rolls off it’s still an effective tackle in terms of stopping points. But not as a stat.

Decent addition if he comes. And if hoppa does leave (not expecting him to get more then 450k for his next contract) then this kid slips straight into his number 4 jersey.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Opinions on players vary massively. Not so long ago people were wringing their hands that we'd let Morgan Harper go. Secure in the knowledge that he'd be a rep player by the end of the year. He got 4 games and played well in 1 that I know of.

If Corey Allan signs with us he's a decent prospect. And it's a bit sad that the hype about Barrett is already dying because a few people question his signings. You have to judge by the results we achieve. And all of this speculation about how good or poor C. Allan is might be pointless if he's not even signed. If he is then he at least deserves a chance to let his footy do the talking.

enigma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watch the state of origin game 3 highlights. Allan almost put Holmes into the corner another two times if he didn’t have feet for hands.

I would love to have Allan but I’m afraid of what it would mean for Averillo. Give him a go at hooker?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes I agree and have said he's a solid player and is better than most in our backline, but people claiming he's more than that need to reign it in and stop smoking about me being negative because I don't follow their made up stories. We also don't know what sort of coin were paying... reportedly on 330k @ Souths and was looking for 500-600k... hopefully we're paying no where near that and closer to what he was earning at Souths.
Surely this has to be the case. The opportunity to be first choice FB and a small rise to no more than 400k ought to be enough. If he was holding out for more it just needs to be pointed out to him that he still only has 29 NRL games.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reminds me of Boyd, which is a bloody good fullback at his peak regardless of how much of a shit human he can be.

It’ll be good to have a natural fullback for the first time in 8-9 years since Barba left.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch the state of origin game 3 highlights. Allan almost put Holmes into the corner another two times if he didn’t have feet for hands.

I would love to have Allan but I’m afraid of what it would mean for Averillo. Give him a go at hooker?
I think he did make the pass to Holmes for their first try too so it should have been 3 try assists through silky passing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Surely this has to be the case. The opportunity to be first choice FB and a small rise to no more than 400k ought to be enough. If he was holding out for more it just needs to be pointed out to him that he still only has 29 NRL games.
Yes that should absolutely be more than enough. Don't rate him as a winger so hopefully he delivers at fullback or potentially centre moving forward.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes that should absolutely be more than enough. Don't rate him as a winger so hopefully he delivers at fullback or potentially centre moving forward.
If he kills it at FB with tackle breaks, line breaks, assists, and tries, plus try preventions and low try causes over the next 3 years, then he will get himself the big contract he wants either with us or somewhere else.

He does come across as a genuine footy player, not just an athlete. He has the passing game and spontaneity to play at centre from what I've seen, though I don't recall much about his defense.

TBH getting a bit sick of this new trend of players/agents going on about being able to play FB and therefore wanting Tedesco money. Did Raelene start that by talking about rockstars or something?

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This would only be true if our price was lower then theirs. But I think you will find his contract upgraded if he comes to the dogs. Where's Mansour is on big coin, and will sign for les with the rabbits, therefore penrif pay the difference.
Just because he is on a higher salary with us doesn't mean they can't or aren't contributing. Roosters are paying $100k towards Flanagan playing for us next year despite being on a higher salary here.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are paying a small amount given Penrith would be paying a bit for Mansour to play for bunnies.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this signing comes to fruition it means Trent is dead serious on competing for the 8 this year. Allen is no superstar but he adds some talent to our spine and allows averillo to play 6 which sends Lewis to reserve grade
I think Trent is very serious in making the top eight regardless if Allen joins us or not.
He’s obviously building a squad beyond 2021,there’s a good chance that Trent has already put a cross through certain players at season end.
How many out of the 14 which contracts expire will stay on !