Official Corey Allan released

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't really know that much about him when he joined the club (these days i get to see so little non digs games or those analysis/chat shows about footy, but though well, he's played SoO, he must be quality. Obviously I was wrong.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Roosters have been signing absolute crud recently. Jake Turpin, Corey Allan, Jaxson Paulo too.
Frankly don’t call a one year contract @ Roosters, resurrecting his career in NRL. Obviously no-one bashing down the door to get him. Not a ringing endorsement of Allan.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Good decision. Never really fitted in, and was on way too much coin for someone of his ability.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be interesting to see how much freight we pay.

If he was on $500k this year I would estimate we would chip in something in the vicinity of $490k - $495k
Pay a portion of his wage to the Roosters is a good deal - Green Backs straight out of the Laundy Pub Tills & into brown paper bags & delivered straight into the hands of Uncle Nick.

Money Talks & Bullshit Walks -
We paid the Money & The Bullshit Walked, he walked straight out of our precinct & right over to Rosters HQ.
We wish him well.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Since we beat the Chooks in the 2004 grand final, they have signed half a dozen of our biggest names, O'Meley, Anasta, Mason, etc, but the only one who gave them his best seasons was Sonny Bill, who didn't go direct from us to them. The others were all on the downward slide when they left us. For all of the roosters brown paper bags and salary sombreros, they do not have a good record of recruiting our players.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't really know that much about him when he joined the club (these days i get to see so little non digs games or those analysis/chat shows about footy, but though well, he's played SoO, he must be quality. Obviously I was wrong.
He really just had that purple patch as a fill in for a few games on the end of a great souths backline, then a half-decent origin game which he really only played as last man standing. Fooled Barrett that's for sure. Bennett happily released him twice, from the Bronco's and then Souths (even after he played origin). I really can't believe Robinson signed him but I'm very grateful.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What's the club thinking?
Something along these lines, I would think.
He's been injured a lot, and is still injured I understand (although expected to be fit for the new season).
He's very well paid (overpaid most might say - including me) and absorbs more of the cap than his perceived value to our roster (and I wouldn't disagree with that assessment at all), and it is considered that that position is unlikely to change.
From that perspective, it was decided we could better use the roster spot, and whatever cap money we could recover could be spent more wisely on alternative talent.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we beat the Chooks in the 2004 grand final, they have signed half a dozen of our biggest names, O'Meley, Anasta, Mason, etc, but the only one who gave them his best seasons was Sonny Bill, who didn't go direct from us to them. The others were all on the downward slide when they left us. For all of the roosters brown paper bags and salary sombreros, they do not have a good record of recruiting our players.
Nate Myles was an exception and peaked at the Chooks. Anasta was still decent and made some big clutch plays and got them to the 2010 GF but Ogre and Mason were well past their best at the Chooks as you said.

Last edited:

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 62317

Official statement on bulldogs website
Corey Allan has been released from the final year of his contract with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, effective immediately.

We thank Corey for his two years of service to the Bulldogs and wish him all the best for the future.
Best news this year for our cap.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the club thinking? I know his been injured and out of form. But on his day his a top 5 fullback. People tend to forget he lead souths to the GF and was man of the series in origin.
You can't be serious. You think he's better than 3 of the following: Teddy, Turbo, Edwards, Mitchell, Paps, Ponga, Clint
I'm sure there are other FB in the comp better than him as well.